1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Elmo, come out whereever you are!

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by furryredmonster, Aug 16, 2005.

1. When is Elmo's next tv apperance. I love Elmo and I really would like to see him! Thank you!
  2. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I hope you're not planning to do anything durastic with him.
  3. Just tell me when Elmo is coming.... I would like to see Elmo again :grouchy:
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you pal, but not many people are gonna tell you that because around here most people consider Elmo a menice to society! Now mind you, I too like Elmo, BUT, I also agree that he's had his 15 minutes of fame for about 60 minutes. I don't know what the new plans are currently for Elmo.
  5. Why would ne1 dis Elmo? Elmo is the heart of Sesame Street!! Elmo is the best. Elmo is soooo koolio also. Now, their has to be people that love Elmo here. YOU GUYS ARE WEIRD!! ELMO IS THE BEST. DONT BE HATIN ELMO!

Sure, Elmo has a 15 minute segment, but all the other Sesame Street are important too. And, Elmos segment is a really important part of Sesame Street. It teaches kids a lot.
  6. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

7. superfan

superfan Active Member

been a looooooong time...

:) Hi, guys, I'm back from a self-imposed hiatus....

ANYWAY! I felt strongly compelled to respond to this topic.
    The very reasons we hate or strongly dislike shall we say, Elmo so much are as follows:

1.)Every character (pre-Elmo) had worthwhile screentime. Each one was well liked because we got to know each of them little by little as episodes went on. Ernie and Bert were prime characters but they never overstepped their boundaries. We knew they were there, like reliable friends.
    ELMO on the other hand, started poking his nose in every skit he could..on the street, behind the wall...everywhere. And he didn't stop. He didn't hang back in his little Elmo's World and let us take the initiative to watch. He was EVERYWHERE.

2.)He teaches children??? About what? Hats??? Wow. Good for you, Elmo. Couldn't have done that without you.

3.)Merchandising gone overboard. Elmo limbos, Elmo's a chicken, Elmo plays guitar and then he wants us to tickle him? Yuk. Invasion of television and Wal-Marts everywhere. Double yuk.

4.)His creepy friendship with Rosie O'Donnell. Nuff said.

So there you go. Ultimately, I respect and dig anyone who shows any interest in the Muppets at all. Elmo is just a really tough pill for us to swallow.
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Ok, guys, don't be too hard on da guy. Yes, I dislike Elmo, but, he has some good aspects to him. Like, Every person in America and UK know who Elmo is, and thus SS. No Elmo? No SS. Probably. We have to remeber that that little red guy is holding SS up right now!

Beau
  9. superfan

superfan Active Member

This is true, Beauregard.
    A double edged sword if you will.
    Again, I have only the up most respect for those who like Muppets.
  10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hehe. Agreed.

And I ty to respect others opinions, even if the world Elmo and Pepe make my teeth grind. lol

But, seriously, I think Elmo is great in small doses.
  11. You guys are retards if you do not like Elmo. And yes, Elmo does hold Sesame Street together, now, will any1 answer my question???
  12. theprawncracker

Thank you for the compliment...
  13. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Retirement hopefully
  14. I do not see why you hate elmo. Elmo is in every1's hearts forever. No matter how much you say you "do not like Elmo" This place is just with elmo haters.... you guys discust me. Now, will any1 answer my question or should I myswell leave while I can. :rolleyes:
  15. theprawncracker

Okay, first of all, not all of us hate Elmo. D'Snowth for instance. Second, you have no right to call people here names. Third, we're not psycic! We can't answer your question about when Elmo will be on TV again! Sorry!
  16. Kimp the Shrimp

he wil be on tomaarow and the day after and the day after till SS is Cancelled or Kevin Clash Dies

you are 13 i'm 27 i saw SS when it was Everyone was the show not 45 mins of Filler to lead to the ELMO SHOW
  17. superfan

superfan Active Member

Perhaps what you could do is visit an Elmo fan site...there's gotta be one out there! People who are as dedicated as you would surely know of Elmo's whereabouts! Good luck with your hunt.
  18. Kimp the Shrimp

19. I'm already a proud member of elmosplayground.

Sorry about callin eve1 a retard... Im new and just frustrated right now lol
  20. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Wow, okay. furryredmonster, I was having fun in the other thread (here). I'm far from a fan, but Elmo is cute. But calling people retards is definately not cricket. Especially since using that word is extremely insulting and is derogatory for people with mental disorders. Definately not a good way to start in the forum. If you want to be an accepted member here, insulting long term members and being hostile is not the way to go. (That also goes as a reminder to anyone who is being hostile automatically to the member because s/he likes Elmo). So everyone, drop the bias and namecalling. And furryredmonster, maybe you ought to ease yourself into posting first, since the subject is, no matter how silly it sounds, rather controversial.