1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by brkndwnbus, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Amen!
  3. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

I don't know what to say... This is just depressing.
  4. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Thank-you for the much-needed levity. This is a very sad day, regardless of what the truth of the matter is.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  5. dwayne1115

if anyone needs to talk, scream, cuss, or just share some thoughts you can find me on Facebook just look for Dwayne Fletcher, I'm here for you all.
    Fragglemuppet and MelissaY1 like this.
  6. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

I'm going to miss Kevin. He was one of the best Muppeteers Jim had. I've always loved Harold Handupme from Dinosaurs, and his characters like Lyon of The Jim Henson Hour as well as Clifford who to me was Kevin's best character. His work on Muppets Tonight and even his singing work was amazing. Kingston Livingston the 3rd from 90s Sesame. And I've even enjoyed a lot of the early Elmo / Kermit segments from the 80s and how Elmo pestered Prarie Dawn in Space. lol I am very grateful that I got to shake his hand when I went to MuppetFest back in 2001. And of course without discussing what currently happened, I've always had my prayers for Kevin and still do, and hopefully everything will work out for the best. Personally I feel instead of discussing what happened, why not just talk about how much we love this guy for his hilarious and entertaining performances that he gave us through the years. We'll miss you Kevin. God Bless. :)
  7. ncchuck

ncchuck Active Member

this all came from that crap rag tmz didnt it? every other site i have read credits tmz as source?
  8. dwayne1115

9. ncchuck

ncchuck Active Member

ok sorry i was hoping it was a made up tmz story sorry about that
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  10. dwayne1115

We all do my friend we all do.....
  11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

The worse thing is that Kevin's not only Elmo, he's the producer, co-executive producer, Muppet Captain, and the senior creative advisor.

This is an extremely big loss for Sesame Workshop, Kevin has recently become known as Mr. Sesame becuase of all the things that he does for them.

I do hope this can clear up quickly so that Kevin can decide to go back.
  12. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

Wow... this is upsetting. Even though I don't like Elmo as much as I did when I was little, I've still held on to my childhood dream of meeting him someday. And now, if I ever do get that chance, it won't be quite right somehow if he has another performer. :/ My thoughts and prayers go out to Kevin and his family.
  13. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

We'll miss you, Kevin.
  14. Muppet fan 123

That picture is really starting to make me cry. I can't do this anymore! This has not been a good day for me. :(
  15. Rugby

Rugby Member

This issue doesn't have anything to do with being gay. It has to do with an underage relationship by an adult much older than the underage person. If Mr. Clash is innocent, his false accusers need to face justice. If it's the other way around, then Mr. Clash needs to face justice. I hope it's not the latter, but this will have to be sorted out in court it looks like. I was saddened and sickened to read the headline today.
    Fragglemuppet and Stacey Riley like this.
  16. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

:eek::cry::sigh: :( <- that's all I can say.

Don't go Kevin!
  17. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Sad year for Sesame/Muppet fans. First we lose Jerry, then we lose Kevin in a way none of us would've expected. God bless these men and prayers for their families.
    :batty: :laugh:
  18. Rugby

Rugby Member

Sesame Street didn't end when Jim Henson passed away. It will go on.
  19. Muppet fan 123

Kevin was actually doing more with Sesame now than Jim was around the time of his death.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  20. Rugby

Rugby Member

I still think Sesame will be fine and continue. I'm sure Kevin mentored quite a few people at SW as well that will have the ability to take over.
    Mo Frackle likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.