1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by brkndwnbus, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

It just still won't be the same, there will be a lot of changes for next year if Kevin doesn't come back. I can't see Elmo leaving the show at all in any way. If in the end Kevin will not return, they'll have to get someone else. :(
  2. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

"Elmo is bigger than anyone one man", has been said a few times recently. Sesame Workshop has also stated that Elmo will remain a huge part of Sesame. There's no doubt he'll still be around, but sadly Kevin just won't be performing him.
  3. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Exactly. The casual fan just knows him as the guy who does Elmo. If you really follow SS like us, you'd know that this loss is really a BIG loss. Bigger than anyone could imagine. Kevin devoted A LOT of time to SS, more than people realize.

Seriously, this news of his departure makes me so depressed. A person whom was so instrumental to my childhood is now gone from the most wonderful children's show of all time. I hate it had to come to this. Within a week Sesame Street has been changed forever.
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Muppet fan 123- I know this is very hard to take and I just want to say that I know it looks bad right now, but we have to believe that things in the future will get better for both Sesame and Kevin.
  5. dwayne1115

They just started doing something really cool with Elmo to Elmo the Musical, which Kevin helped create, and everyone was so proud of.
  6. Mo Frackle

You're right. It's going to be hard for everyone, but we have to think positive.
  7. Muppet fan 123

Thank goodness the whole season 43 is already filmed, otherwise everything would be a big mess. At least they have time to find a new performer if Kevin sadly will not come back. :(

Exactly. Think of what Elmo would do in a situation like this!
    Fragglemuppet and muppetwriter like this.
  8. Mo Frackle

Not to start off any rumors, but I wonder if Kevin already had someone in mind as a replacement. I know John Kennedy usually performed Elmo whenever Kevin was busy directing. But of course, we can't jump to conclusions.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  9. Muppet fan 123

It's possible. But I'm not even going to think who they're going to get to replace him, hopefully he won't need a replacement.

Y'know I'm watching this video of Elmo and the talking fruit (the one where the food goes, "You want a piece of me!?") and I just love Elmo. He and Kevin better stick around or life is not gonna be easy from now on.
  10. dwayne1115

Did anyone else listen to this weeks Muppetcast? They talked about the issue a little bit and the lady that Steve had as a guest is a die hard Sesame Street fan, and the show means so much to her, and there was another lady recently that had the chance to meet Kevin and go to the set. both of the ladies stories of what Sesame and Kevin have done is so touching and now that will no longer be.

He would also do a lot of charity work, If any kid with the Make A Wish Foundation wanted to meet Elmo, Kevin did everything in his power to make sure that was possible.
  11. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Kevin is such a big part of SS and the Muppets in general. I hope he sees how much support he has and reconsiders this. :(
    Fragglemuppet and muppetwriter like this.
  12. dwayne1115

Maybe he could come and hang out with us here on Muppet Central, He would defiantly be among friends and supporters he has never meet before.
  13. Muppet fan 123

Are you talking about the one with Mille Tirk as the guest? (That was one that was great too and very touching)
    But I do remember someone sent in a story about Kevin helping her sick child, it was such a beatiful story, I really appreciate Kevin's work for Sesame Street, he didn't even have to go and help this person, he went out of his way to do that, and he didn't even get paid for it.
    It just proves what a great guy Kevin is.
  14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I want to give Kevin the benefit of the doubt by saying he's innocent until proven guilty, but I'd seem hypocritical if I didn't say the same to the accusers.
  15. Mo Frackle

That's one of the reasons why I have so much love and respect for Kevin. He was such a caring, dedicated individual. He's done so much for people for over three decades.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  16. dwayne1115

Yes Milly Tirk, I want to get her on MC as well she has such a passion and a deep love for Sesame.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  17. Muppet fan 123

I never emailed her since she was on the show, I really should, I probably will later today.
    Her story was very touching, if you didn't hear it, go listen to it, it can be found on the Muppet Cast website muppetcast.com and if you aren't a regular listener of the show, you should start listening now!
    muppetwriter and dwayne1115 like this.
  18. dwayne1115

I agree, when this whole thing got started she said she almost was sick and hurt from all of it. Very sad very touching.
  19. inturnaround

inturnaround Member

This is very true and I'm quoting it to underline it.

Honestly, who knows what happened? We weren't there. What seems increasingly clear is that Kevin showed poor judgment on more than one occasion (Gay or straight, it feels icky to have a grown man having sex with a person he knew as a child). How far that poor judgment went and did it become something criminal is not for any of us to say.

It was absolutely the right thing for him to resign. It's possible he may have even been pushed from Sesame Workshop. Post-Penn State, organizations have to be super vigilant in making sure to be seen as far away from these allegations as possible.

It's sad all around. I mean, in light of these accusations, can we watch him mentoring the young puppeteer from the Elmo documentary with the same eyes? I'm sad to say that I can't.
    aaronmojo likes this.
  20. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Man, when you put it like that it's going to be looking like A BAD DAY on Sesame Street today. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.