ELMO on "Today" Show 9-6-05

JimmyDeanDog

Reaction score
I just caught an interview with the man behind "Elmo" on NBC-TV's TODAY Show this morning.

NOT ONE MENTION of the "Muppets" - or that if Elmo actually "IS" a muppet!

Good segment, but I thought the no mention was rude and unthoughtful.

Anyone else catch this?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You mean you don't know if Elmo is actually a Muppet?

He has a book coming out about his life, and I'm sure he has a life besides and out side of Muppets. The book acctuallt talk's abuot how Sesame Street actually took a toll on his marrige.

I mean the man missed is daughter's first day od Kindergarden because he's was going back and fourth between New York and LA doing Dinosaurs and Sesame Street at the same time, so I would cut him some slack guys.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I saw it and I thought it was a great interview...i dont care if hes full of himself think of all the good hes done for kids....

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sometime you have to be just a little full of your self. I mean If I had A muppet and It got that big, there no way I couldn't believe the hype, just a little.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
JimmyDeanDog said:
I just caught an interview with the man behind "Elmo" on NBC-TV's TODAY Show this morning.

NOT ONE MENTION of the "Muppets" - or that if Elmo actually "IS" a muppet!

Good segment, but I thought the no mention was rude and unthoughtful.

Anyone else catch this?
Of Course Elmo's a Muppet so why would he even have to say that?

BEAR

Reaction score
I don't even know how to respond to this thread. Sorry, guys.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Personally, I think he seem's like a nice guy, and so do all the rest of the Muppeteers. Maybe he just came across the wrong way or something. But it takes more then five minuts to really get to know a person.

BEAR

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that people don't like Clash just because he performs Elmo and they all hate Elmo too. Personally, I think Kevin Clash is great and he really cares about his work and the children.

Tim

Reaction score
No Muppet mention might have something to do with the Disney/Henson thing as the Sesame Workshop characters are NOT to be confused with "Mouse Owned" puppets

As for Kevin, I don't know him at all, never even saw him in person, but from the few televison interviews and many print articles, he hasn't come across as egotistical in the least. With some folks, (Jerry lewis, Sharon Stone, Stan Freeberg, or Kathleen Turner, for example), it seems pretty obvious that they meay be "full of themselves", as that kind of attitude is pretty hard to hide.

Even though I can't stand Elmo, I appreciate Kevin's abilities and talents-he wouldn't be where is is with out them. As for putting a toll on his family, show business is a lot harder than anyone understands, and you wind up making sacrifices most people don't have to. That's a trade-off we all make if we are lucky enough to be in the industry.

Everyone, from the "Kevins" in the world and the future "Elmos" better undertand that before they get their Guild cards renewed.