Elmo takes over Sesame Street

mikealan

Reaction score
If Sesame Street is going to be cancelled forever, Sesame Street will be named into Elmo's Show. Not only Elmo will take over the street, but Big Bird, Grover, Zoe, Rosita, Baby Bear and the Monster Clubhouse members will take over SS right after SS was 35 years old. I can't believe that Season 34 has most of the stupid segments like Cookie's Letter Of the Day, the Count's Number Of the Day, Journey to Ernie, Hero Guy, Monster Clubhouse and Global Grover!!! Less of SS from 2000 on Noggin and more of SS from 2003 on PBS Kids makes me MAD! :grouchy:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I do agree with Dave Thomer on the fact that Elmo is NOT(I repeat),NOT taking over Sesame Street.Watch some new episodes to see that Big Bird,Cookie Monster,Oscar the Grouch,Grover,Ernie,Bert,The Count,and Snuffy are all still there-and will always be-now that they are going to be focusing on the core classic characters more often.There's even lots of new Big Bird,Ernie,Bert,Cookie Monster,Oscar,and Grover merchandise everywhere,especially the Sesame Street Kubricks(of Big Bird,Ernie,Bert,Grover,Oscar,and The Count)from Japan-which I'm really hoping to get someday,and all the cool Sesame stuff at Hot Topic.

Buttercup

Reaction score
1. My brother is five and he loves Elmo. I think it's because Elmo is about his age. And he like Dorothy the goldfish. His other favorite is Oscar the Grouch, he likes hiding in a big box and popping out saying "I'm Oscar the Grouch!"

2. Um, is it POSSIBLE that segments you think are stupid are popular with little kids because that's the age they're aimed at? Sesame Street, unlike the Muppet Show, isn't MEANT to entertain adults. Letter of the Day and Number of the Day are there to help kids learn, most adults think they're boring because they already know their alphabet and how to count.

And a "Jump, wiggle, jump! Monster Pants Dance!" to all!

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, they do still use all the main characters, but I miss seeing all the minor ones such as Guy Smiley, Sherlock Hemlock, Herbert Birdsfoot, The Amazing Mumford, Forgetful Jones, and all of those. But they thought there were too many, and nobody could remember them all.

Hays

Reaction score
I'ts not entirely true that Sesame Street isn't aimed at adults. One of the central premises of the show is that it's supposed to be a show adults and kids watch together - adult humor was added specifically for that purpose.

Interesting to note about Elmo - one of the reasons he's red is that it's one of the first colors babies respond to.

Dantecat

Reaction score
I remember almost every single Muppet on Sesame Street that they ever have Ssetta. :smile:

Cyndi Lauper

Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to say that Elmo has ruined the show and he's a jerk! I would at least e-mail the producers telling them I want Elmo's World off the air and to please put the original Sesame Street episodes back on the air because I loved them so much.

ssetta

Reaction score
Maybe you can e-mail them, but I doubt they'll do anything WE don't like Elmo, but today's preschoolers, or the audience who the show is geared for, like him more than anything. I do agree that he is on too much, but I wouldn't use that language.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
On perhaps a different note, I wonder how many Dorothy's they go through in the course of a month :wink: