EM.TV calls off sale of Muppets to Dean Valentine

Chilly Down

Reaction score
(CD begins laughing maniacally. Then he laughs manically some more. Then he laughs even more...well, you get the idea.) :crazy:

I can't stand it anymore. How long will this insane soap opera drag on? I'm throwing up the white flag of surrender. Disney, PLEASE buy the Muppets. Put us all out of our misery. Let this out-of-control merry-go-round end, once and for all. You've been expressing interest in buying the Muppets for 14 years. So BUY THEM already. The Muppets tried to evade you, and got themselves sold to an underhanded German company that doesn't do anything with them. So I give up. You win. Please buy the Muppets and turn out a bunch of cute little Muppet preschool videos, just like you've always wanted to. Just please let these talented performers get back to work, and let Muppet fans sleep at night again knowing that their favorite characters are owned by someone with good marketing muscle and a steady stream of new productions.

Just make it worth our while. Fill the Disney parks with Muppet characters and Muppet attractions. Get a new show on the air. Put lots of merchandise on the shelf of the 3 remaining Disney Stores in this country. Do SOMETHING with them besides just Denny's commercials.

BTW, Dis, if you don't buy the Creature Shop too, you're insane. The Creature Shop is the top animatronics effects house in the world. It's the only side of the business making any money right now. From a personal standpoint, I don't want the "family" broken up. But from your standpoint, it just makes the most financial success.

I fought this for a long time, but all the fight's out of me now. The fact is, I don't blame Brian for selling to the highest bidder. People say he chose money over quality. But who would have let them do quality work? I have yet to hear the name of a single corporation that doesn't want the Muppets for their own ends. And if they pay for the Muppets, they have every right to do that.
Let's just hope their ideas are good ones.

Of course, what we think has never mattered in terms of who owns them. So we'll just sit back and enjoy the ride as much as possible. Just like in the end of VMMCM, we can't control who owns the Muppets. We can only control the sense of family that we all share with one another. To quote a famous Muppet song...we got us.

OK, I'm feeling a little better now that I got that out of my system.

CD

P.S. Dr. Tooth, my friend, Scarecroe was joking. It was just because you made such a big deal about being nervous about the MUSCLE thing. We have no right to judge you -- we're a bunch of 20-something Muppet fans. :wink: There's a difference between making fun of someone and just lightly teasing them, and Scarecroe (so far as I can tell) was just teasing.

MrsKalabash

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Just goes to show... nothing's final until the deal is signed and the cash is in hand. Time will tell if EM.TV got a better offer or if Dean Valentine just couldn't get the money together as some have speculated.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/030703.shtml
OR Valentine changed his mind about buying the company at all. It's a possibility...

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
I WANT MUPPETS as Disney,Do you?, Mickey & Kermit wants them to!
Oh, I never get tired of hearing that one! :sleep:

Yeah, they both want it so badly that it's taking 14 years and counting!

C'mon, Classic Media!!!!! :big_grin:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
This rollacoster ride is making me sick!'''''''''''''''''''''

to put it in Pepe's words....

Buy the muppets! okay? buy the muppets now ok! it's about coimg to a point where i don't care who ouns them anymore just as long as they are not for sale anymore!!EMTV your time is up...it was up 5 months ago! sell the muppets, pay your money or go out of bussiness!!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean it was two years ago Thursday that EM.TV first announced it "may" sell Henson. We've gone Disney (who I've rooted for for years), Viacom, HIT, AOL-TW, Rivkin, Saban, Classic Media, Entertainment Rights (whoever the freak they are), Senor Valentine, and back to Disney again.

Those morons need to get their act together. It's bad enough whoever gets Kermit won't get JIM HENSON'S CREATURE SHOP as well.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The one thing that makes me really mad when reading these things is that "they could not be reached". which is in almost every artical. The company's can never be reach, never up for comments, allways with the muppets...but yet if it's something else, OH!, they can babble on for hours about it telling youevery bit of detail and you don't care a word about!:mad:

company's are always hidding when it comes to the Muppets.:rolleyes:

Zack,

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
[B
BTW, Dis, if you don't buy the Creature Shop too, you're insane. The Creature Shop is the top animatronics effects house in the world. It's the only side of the business making any money right now. From a personal standpoint, I don't want the "family" broken up. But from your standpoint, it just makes the most financial success. [/B]
I believe the deal is, for anyone, that EM.TV is separately shopping the Creature Shop. I'm not sure why. EM.TV has never even officially said they'e separately selling Jim Henson's Creature Shop. I've only heard about it in the articles since the Valentine deal started. Yet the Creature Shop was very much in the picture in the Disney articles in mid-December.

Muppets1985

Reaction score
LOL

Heyyyy Scarcroe, that wasz my old saying when I first came here on MC, on the old Delfa Forms! Hehe thatnks for reminding me about it!:big_grin: :big_grin: :wink: :smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: LOL

Originally posted by Muppets1985
Heyyyy Scarcroe, that wasz my old saying when I first came here on MC, on the old Delfa Forms! Hehe thatnks for reminding me about it!
Yeah, THANKS, Scarecroe!! :mad: :boo:

:crazy: