1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

EM.TV to Sell Muppets to Jim Henson's Children for $89 Million

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, May 7, 2003.

1. foofoocakes

foofoocakes New Member

Doing the happy dance with you Cindy.

Happy happy cha cha cha! Happy happy Cha Cha cha!
    Cha cha Dip chachacha:)

2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Re: Raisin,

Is there more than one MC mailing list? Because the only mailing list email I got today was from Tough Pigs.

3. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Dude, I did not see this coming.

I always kind of figured that 100 years from now I would be dead, and yet Disney would still be "close" to buying the Muppets (and then Megalosoft, a division of Microsoft that was created around the year 2040, would be closer and then Disney would be closer)...

4. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Little did I know that when I put on my favorite Muppet shirt this morning, that there would be such exciting news later on.:excited:

I got an email from MC, I don't know, I signed up for a list along time ago before I even joined I think.

5. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I'm so excited I could wet myself (but i'll leave that to Saba Toys in the future)

Anyway, I as some wasn't really that intrested or had an opinion on who bought the Muppets but as soon as I saw this I knew that is what I wanted.

There are so many bright sides to this, everything we've been learning about (Fox Show) everything we've been getting (Palisades Figures) are in no danger and can proceed as planned.

:) :mad: :sympathy: :concern: :o
    what better time to use Muppet Smilies

WARNING off topic

I'm one very excited Prawn, i think i shall invent a knew signature, i'll think something up for Piggy

6. pezbalubah

pezbalubah Member

This is the best possible outcome!!! best of all, no corporations!

7. Kwebs

Kwebs New Member

Yea!!!!:) :excited: :) :excited:

Dave

8. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

9. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

Happy Dance! Happy Feet!

Family have the opportunity to treat the company like family - cherish it, love it, recognize its potential, help it become the best it can be.

smile, big smile, cool!
    :) :D :cool:

All my best,
    Lynnette

10. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

11. C'irdan

C'irdan New Member

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

I am insane with JOY!

I just might not be an atheist anymore!!!!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHE he he HOOOOO ha ha ha HEEEEEEEE!

:crazy: :flirt: :zany: ;) :D

12. GPrime1

GPrime1 Member

Wow, what an unexpected surprise! This is great news, I feel like a new chapter in the lives of the Muppets is about to begin. It's time to get things started!!

PS - does this mean an Electric Mayhem reunion tour is in the works??

13. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

OH MY....WOW!

this is the best thing that could happen...I don't think we should ask questions quite yet, though...this isn't totally finalized (although so close I can taste it...no that was my sonic birthday cake shake...oh well...they are both very sweet!)

Sarah

14. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

God yes! I log on for the first time today and am greeted with this awesome piece of muppety goodness in my e-mail!
    I love Brian Henson, and I think the company will only continue to improve from now on.

Now if only the Disney family could re-gain control of the Walt Disney company...

15. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

yeah, right.....

yes Eisner is not having a good day today, I bet (and I wish I saw his face when he found out HAHAHAHAHA) he deserved it!

I'm not on the mail list...but I saw this and became dilerious with glee

Sarah

16. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

Eisner is probably exhibiting the same temper today as he did when DCA opened. On opening day, when the park underperformed (By about 9,000 visitors LOL ), he was reportedly in a very hot-tempered mood; so much so, in fact, that CM's were instructed not to go up to his suite in the new hotel. I have read that he is very stubborn when he doesn't get what he wants.

Wanting Henson for over a decade, and than falling short. This must be killing him :D

17. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

i never go to this part of the forum because it always talks about who might buy the muppets. but i'm glad i came here today. never saw this coming. man i bet those henson kids are happy now and celebrating. good for them.

and to quote the good dr. teeth: can you picture that?.....

ryan

18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Disney...Ii ain't likke he didn't have plenty of chances. If Eisner had been more of a salesman and less of a cartoon vulture, he could have snatched them up so easily. The Muppets are certainly worth at least twice 80M, especially after the Disney machine got their four-fingered hands on them.

But...you never know. This could just be another chapter. Maybe there still will be a merger. And now, with total Henson ownership, Henson can make whatever demands they would like in any such businesss transaction. Everyone thinks this is over. I'm not so sure.

19. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

i for one never said this would be over; however i think everyone knows the henson family has a lot of work to do in the coming months..but kudos to them

ryan

20. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

Yay Henson Family!!!!! I couldn't sleep last night, thinking about all the bad stuff that would happen if Disney got them, but now its all over!!!! Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Muppets are now right where they belong!

Jake