Does anyone know how I can e-mail the muppeteers
Thanks,
Beauregard

Jackie

Reaction score
Or write them a snail-mail letter and they may just email you back :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Bill emails people back ? Gee - you would have thought he'd learn't by now not to get too friendly with potential 'borrowers' ! ;-)

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Bill emails people back ? Gee - you would have thought he'd learn't by now not to get too friendly with potential 'borrowers' ! ;-)
I didn't say Bill! LOL!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Once upon a time, when Buffalo still roamed the range and Bill Gates' fortune was still in the low billions there was this thing called "The Puppeteers Email List." I don't remember what year it was, but I suspect it was `94 because I was still using an Amiga (remember those?). Anyhow, the humble goal of this list was to have the email address of every puppeteer on the web. Steve Whitmire was on it, as where some other Henson folks.

Unfortunately, it no longer exists. With a lot of time and a good search engine you might find a copy on the web somewhere, but it's hopelessly out of date (I think they stopped maintaining it around `97).

Oh - speaking of which - now would be a good time to tell my Steve Whitmire story! :stick_out_tongue:

Like I said, I noticed Steve's name on the list and (being younger and bolder) I typed an email saying "Hey there! You're not THE Steve Whitmire, are you?" I clicked send and figured I'd never hear anything about it again.

Much to my surprise, the next day I log on to my BBS and I have email FROM STEVE WHITMIRE. His opening line was:

Well, I don't know if I am THE Steve Whitmire, but I do perform Kermit the Frog if that's what you mean. :smile:

I went on to trade a couple more messages with him and asked some questions (I think this was around the time I was just seriously getting in to puppetry) and he was very nice and friendly and he encouraged me to make a tape and send it to Kevin Clash in New York and mention that I had spoken to him via e-mail. It was very cool!

I love that story....

dwmckim

Reaction score
I love it too! It was better than Cats! :smile:

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Originally posted by dwmckim
I love it too! It was better than Cats! :smile:
I haven't heard (or seen) anyone say that since high school! Tee Hee!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>there was this thing called "The Puppeteers Email List." I don't remember what year it was, but I suspect it was `94 because I was still using an Amiga (remember those?)<<<

Holy cow, that was anceint times net wise! hehe
I felt bad the few times Muppeteers came on the old MC they got inundated with tons of questions response and emails. :frown:

However I would totally love to email some JHC people. I got to thank and talk to a lot of the main Muppeteers last December, but I would love to be able to tell Joey Maazarino, Fran Brill, and M P Robinson how much Ive enjoyed their work on Sesame and other Muppet projects over the years!

Out of curiosity, anyone on here keep in contact or hear from time to time from active JHC performers?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Out of curiosity, anyone on here keep in contact or hear from time to time from active JHC performers?
Hmmmmmm - how much would it alarm you Cory if you found out you had been conversing with them for years here under anonymous guises ? :wink: