Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas Musical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Zack, you have GOT to go audition!
I know that i should and i would if i could i just don't know where yet! I know that there has already been one audition from hearing from my friend in NY but he heard that from a friend of a friend. I would try out if i could. I mean i don't mind going back to NYC!

"Hey lady! If they didn't want these thing's ta roll they shoulda made 'em square!"

"Here ya go, it ain't even hurt!"

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
I wonder how much of this is really confirmed Fact.

After talking to my many Puppeteer associates here in NJ, and NYC, no body has heard anything about this.

although i had heard rumblings of this idea before, not one Puppetbuilder, or performer I know has any moer knowlegde that what was written on Muppet News Flash.

not saying its not possible, just wondering if we are all putting the cart before the horse so to speak

BEAR

Reaction score
All I know is the articles I have read and there is a biography online of Timothy McDonald stating he is working on an adaptation. Plus, I don't think Phil Chapman would make an announcement about it if it wasn't truth.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
All I know is the articles I have read and there is a biography online of Timothy McDonald stating he is working on an adaptation. Plus, I don't think Phil Chapman would make an announcement about it if it wasn't truth.

despite all that , all of my many cotacts in the industry both in theatre, and film and Tv no nothing ,so while it may be something that is in development, i have yet to hear anything concrete confirming all of this, so until then i think we should be treating it as a development rumor, and nothing more.

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think Phil Chapman would make an announcement about it if it wasn't truth.
A lot of the time things just get announced very early into the devlopment process, much like the Henson biographical film. The Muppet websites just pass on whatever news or press releases there are but so many things have been rumoured and announced and never been made. It's quite common with Henson - they option about 10 books a year even and we've only ever seen one make it.

I hope it does make it though, it sounds really good. I think a lot of people remember Emmet fondly. Also well done Zack for scooping all the Muppet websites, lol!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I think it has been taken as a rumor. To start as how i posted it in my first post. It's an idea and it appeares that it is offical but that doesn't mean it's going to happen right away and with anything unfournutly it can be cancled or pushed back. just like all the rumored Muppet movie and show ideas in the pass. This seems to be just the start of the idea from what we know so far, i'm sure with time, like with anything and everything we will find out more!:smile: I just like to say that this is a really GOOD idea and i hope it does happen!

"Who are they Ma?"
"Beats me!...Probaly some of them River Bottom boys..."

Blooper
"Who are they Ma?"
"Oh! WHO CARES? ! ? !"

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Reply TO email, Regarding Emmet Otter

Dear James,
The title is in very early development--there have been no auditions announced (or planned.)

Please let the rest of the folks know--we're being deluged with requests. :smile:

Many thanks,
Tim McDonald

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, James. I'm glad you were able to get a response from Tim regarding auditions. Although the details of the show are being kept tightly "under-wraps" by all parties, I was able to get confirmation from several people at Henson about the development of the project and that Henson, Paul Williams and Tim McDonald were collaborating on a stage adaptation of "Emmet Otter".

As for auditions, the folks at Henson didn't say anything about auditions, but several reputable NYC talent agencies were listing auditions for the show taking place in the coming month -- I guess some wires got crossed there and possibly the word of the show being in development got mixed with the word of some other auditions. Glad to have the confusion cleared up regarding that aspect of the project.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, James and Greg!

Should I begin editing the very first post to include updated information?

Status
Not open for further replies.