Emmy's an astronaut---what are you? (quarters)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Okay, so, like, this li'l weirdy idea has been floatin' around in my head for a while now.

We have state quarters.

They have stuff on 'em.

Well let's pretend that each of us here is a "figure" on your state quarter---what are you?

Emmy's in OH, so she's an astronaut. I'm in KY, so I'm a horse (whinny, whinny!) And if somebody lived in VT, they'd be a syrup-gatherer (sorta like a male northern-farmer version of Mokey, no?).

So what other matches do we have around here?

(Now where are my oats...)

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Wow, it seems like lots of threads with my name in the title are popping up! :big_grin:

The funny thing is, I went to the unveiling of the Ohio quarter. It was kind of cool. Neil Armstrong, John Glenn, and some guy related to the Wright Brothers were there.

So I'm either an astronaut or the Wright B Flyer...

Foreignman

Reaction score
I'm a large green woman with books trying to find a nice place to read but who is preocupied by the ice cream cone in my hand that seems to of caught on fire.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
LOL! Sorry Foreignman, guess we can't all be lucky!

*paws ground with hoof, swishes tail to get rid of flies*

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I won't exist until 2004, but hopefullly when I do, I want to be an antique car. I had no idea if we had our own quarter so I had to look up www.michiganstatequarter.com on the net. There are five designs there.

Do they do this kind of thing with the Euro? I felt sorry for all those countries who were forced to give up part of their identity and culture. Or is that not how people think outside the U.S.?

Markus

SammieRose

Reaction score
I gotta say, I don't remember even hearing about this contest (I live in Michigan also). But I do dig the second option. The others just kinda seem too easy, no?

Sammie
"I wanna be the star!"

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by CaptCrouton
Do they do this kind of thing with the Euro? I felt sorry for all those countries who were forced to give up part of their identity and culture. Or is that not how people think outside the U.S.?

Markus
Our Europian members might be more qualified to answer this, but I believe the Euro still has different images depending on which country it was printed in. Friends of mine just came back, and they had different Euros from different countries and they had images from the coutry of origin.

I still don't know what's on the Mississippi quarter yet. I'm kinda scared about what they could put on it.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I still don't know what's on the Mississippi quarter yet. I'm kinda scared about what they could put on it.
Well, in my opinion they should put Jim Henson and Kermit on the quarter as Mississippi is the birthplace of Jim. And of course Kermit was once the spokesfrog for the states quarters promotion so it's only right. But then again, nobody really asked me. :wink: