Emmy's an astronaut---what are you? (quarters)

radionate

Reaction score
Cindy that is the greatest idea I've ever heard. Of course, that won't happen. Most likely it will be a Magnolia tree, riverboat, cotton, or some other sterotypical mississippi icon.

And while we're at it, I might as well fess up that I have not yet been to the the Jim Henson museum and memorial here. It's only an hour and a half drive away, but I have yet to make the trek over there. Since I found out that Dr. Teeth and the other Muppets are no longer there, I haven't been as motivated to get over there. Before I go, I want to go through my collection, and take some doubles over there to add to their collection. From what I hear they don't have a large display of stuff, but if I can help fill it in, by golly I will!

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Nate, you MUST go to Leland to see the Birthplace of Kermit! I travelled about 8 hours just to see it. It's not the most fantastic place on earth, but well worth the hour and a half drive for you. If you want to read what the experience was like for me, there is a review on Muppet Central. I hear it's changed a bit since then, so you'll have to give us your review when you go.

radionate

Reaction score
I will Cindy (I knew I'd get chastised by everyone here for not going before this). When we first moved to Mississippi, there was a tourism commercial on TV showing a clip of the Muppets, and I freaked out. I begged my parents to go. Finally on one of our weekend excursions we tried to find it, but we realized we were in the wrong city and didn't continue our quest (my parents have been burned in my obsession for Muppet landmarks, especially the Muppet Stuff store in NYC). Anyway, I grew older, went away to various colleges, and now I am a lazy generation Xer who hasn't found the time to get over there! I've read the reviews at MC, and I really really want to go, if nothing more then to see the collection of collectibles and try to donate some more items to the display. I promise everyone on this board that as soon as this next play I'm working on closes, I will take a day off of work to drive over there, try to have a digital camera as well, and report back here to everyone.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
I am George Washington...
LOL!! Jackie's the foundin' father of our country! LOL!

Really!

She is!

LOL!

Kermit singin': "Or Jackie O. crossiiiiiing the Delaware!"

EmmyMik

Reaction score
**bounces around**

"That's one small step for..."

*CRASH!*

That's right, there's gravity here...

Whatever

Reaction score
CaptCrouton said:
Do they do this kind of thing with the Euro? I felt sorry for all those countries who were forced to give up part of their identity and culture. Or is that not how people think outside the U.S.?

Markus
The Euro has images which relate in some way to the history of each country it comes from on the back of the Euro. Germany has the Brandenburg Gate and some kind of leaf which was on the old Deutsch Mark. Greece has a copy of an ancient coin wiith Athena's owl on it. France has a Liberty Lady. And so on.
The Tennessee quarter has a guitar on it. That is very unlike me.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
gosh...I have to wait until the VERY last wave of quarters come out.....darn being the 46th state!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Well,if I could have an animal on my quarter,I'd chose a wolf(I guess a crab wouldn't hurt either,since I'm from Maryland).If I'd chose a person,I'd chose someone saintly.