End of Muppet Central?

Luke

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
I don't think they could make us change the name since Muppet is now in the dictionary, but I could be wrong on that.
Keep in mind the actual name 'Muppet Central' is (as you probably know) Henson invented, the control room in JHH. So they can stake a claim for that, but really they can have a problem with anything 'Muppet' if they wish. The term is in the UK dictionary i think so in American law it probably doesn't count. Not that i'm commenting on if they would act against MC or not mind you, just that either now or in the past Henson/EMTV/Disney could have.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that whether or not a term is in the dictionary doesn't really matter when it comes to trademarks/copyright law. It's the context that the word is used in that matters. Disney could force the removal of all copyrighted images (which does not include photos taken by fans at events like Muppetfest), but I don't think that they couldn't shut down the site itself. Royalties are paid for the music on MuppetCentral Radio and discussing the Muppets is protected as free speech.

I doubt it will be a problem anyway.

beaker

Reaction score
GonzoGirl said:
I have seen and been on Disney forums and fan sites, and as far as I know they haven't had any problems. I don't think they could shut down Muppet Central-it would suck if they threw a tantrum over the muppet smileys and graphics, but even that, I'm not sure they can do much. No one is making a profit off any of it-its just a cool gathering place filled with cool people who like the muppets...
I wonder if folks on disney fan forums are as zany or have as much fun as we do? heh And dont worry, MC aint going nowhere. :smile:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
beaker said:
I wonder if folks on disney fan forums are as zany or have as much fun as we do? heh And dont worry, MC aint going nowhere. :smile:
And if it does, you know what I'm gonna do? Head for the treadmill and get a girlfriend...fight to the death, Phil! :eek: