Entertainment Weekly reviews Kermit's Swamp Years

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Yeah, this is one projekt I've never looked forward to, and still don't.
Yeah, the idea's always seemed second-rate to me. Like a rehash of TMM or Muppet Babies, in some ways.

- Billy :cool:

Struble

Reaction score
Well, I, for one, look forward to it. I was very entertained by the panel in Sandy Eggo. The clips they showed from it were very entertaining, and I think it will be fun. Sure, it looks to be a little more kiddie geared than you all would want, but it still has that spirit that I identify the Muppets with. Joe the Armadillo's Behind the Scenes Featurette was funny. I'm betting that I will like it.

But what do I know, I love the Muppet Babies. :big_grin:

Sh.

grail

Reaction score
don't worry, i liked Muppet Babies too...

i think the key here is that Henson is trying toget to some younger viewers. like they got the bunch of us in OUR younger years. younger viewers become older viewers, older viewers breed a new batch of younger viewers, and the circle of life continues *cue disney music* (wait, didn't i already do that joke this week?)

the idea is to generate interest in the Muppets again. to get people psyched for the NBC flick and the new show. to do that, they're going to want to hit as many demographics as possible. they already know that us "long-time" fans will watch it, wether we grumble about it or not because at the end of the day, it's still Muppets. you have to get kid's attention, though...and seeing as they are the future of the Muppets, i say more power to Henson.

Reaction score
Dude the reviewer is right, i worked on that steaming pile of dung, it is poorly written , the few charecters that are in it are paper thin, and the acting from the third rate actors they got is a abismal.so dont be suprised when you see it.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by skankin-frackle
i worked on that steaming pile of dung
Must have been stinky ! I guess you have to expect 'steaming piles of dung' when you have frogs, pigs, bears and 'whatevers' on set ! :big_grin:

Struble

Reaction score
Originally posted by skankin-frackle
Dude the reviewer is right, i worked on that steaming pile of dung, it is poorly written , the few charecters that are in it are paper thin, and the acting from the third rate actors they got is a abismal.so dont be suprised when you see it.
It's always nice to see someone with some pride in their work.

Sh.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
hmm, that seemed oblivious to reality...????

I have always been looking forward to Kermits Swamp Year's, i remember when people where thinking that this mostlikey wouldn't get made or that it would be footage of kermit we have seen 100's of times, but it's not, and it was made:smile:

unlike MFS that tottaly changes what gonzo is... a whatever to an alien. KSY shows kermit in his young years, nothing to do with Muppet Babies, and it doesn't change what happens in the Muppet Movie and after that, then the fact of what happened to Goggles and Croker? they could just be considered in the group of backgrownd frogs that have been on many ep's of the muppet show, we won't know untill we all see KSY's.

Did kermit not have adventuers as a young frog as considered in his real "fake" history? of course he did! just cause this isn't Jim Henson's work dosen't mean it shouldn't been done, hey infact it fits perfect because Steve is younger then Jim, and Kermit should sound youger anyways;-)

I'm a swamp fan, i love swamps and ponds and woods N's stuff, I always have, and i have my own little secret places that would seem very much like KSY's with swinging vines "ropes" watering holes and waterfalls,caves, paths, and wildlife, like ducks and snapping turles, and all that good stuff. So to see a young version of Kermit runing around a real swamp is great and will give me memories of my own places like kermits swamp, only i don't have any aligators, but there was one stupitly released in my home town last summer as i saw on the news, not as close to the places i go,but was thankfuly rescused by some nice people and was brought back to it's proper area.

I am kinda wondering about the begining of this movie, i mean will he have Kermit taking about his younger years and go to a flash back or have a story teller like voice talking about kermit when he was young, it would be cool to have kermit telling robin about his youth,but i don't know.

i'm pretty sure it won't have kermit telling the main muppet gang like piggy,fozzie gonzo and rizzo.

Struble

Reaction score
Re: hmm, that seemed oblivious to reality...????

Originally posted by Zack the Dog
I am kinda wondering about the begining of this movie, i mean will he have Kermit taking about his younger years and go to a flash back or have a story teller like voice talking about kermit when he was young, it would be cool to have kermit telling robin about his youth,but i don't know.
Yeah. Sorta. According to the panel, they said it's gonna have current Kermit narating the story in a Wonder Years/Stand By Me sort of way -- to paraphrase them directly.

Sh.

Reaction score
entertainment weekly reviews kermits swamp years

i have pride in many of the projects that i was involved with while at henson, but this film has few if any merits to it , and while i worked just as hard on this film as i had on seasons 3 and 4 of bear , or the stage shows ,ands mopatops shop, i feel that i can do little to defend the quality of "Kermits swamp years"

it was done on the cheap and was clearly the product of corporate thinking.

but thats all i will say on the subject you can all wait to see it when it finaly comes out,and decide for your own self.