Ernie has moved

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Someone else mentioned in another thread the fact that Ernie and his friend Bert manage to keep an apartment without any visible means of employment, on either part.
An interesting sidenote is that Ernie and supposively his roommate have moved several times on Sesame Street.
In the early years they lived in the basement of 123 Sesame Street
Later on they moved down the street to an apartment in Bob's building several floors above ground,this is where Ernie's windowbox with the Twiddlebugs was.
Recently they have moved back to the basement of 123 and the Twiddlebugs are only seen in Sesame Street Magazine and in older segments.
Question: Why did they move? Any ideas:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Larger square footage, the first time. The second time, they couldn't get decent pest control.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hot water flowed better to the basement apartment rather than up to the apartment near Bob's.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
Someone else mentioned in another thread the fact that Ernie and his friend Bert manage to keep an apartment without any visible means of employment, on either part.
An interesting sidenote is that Ernie and supposively his roommate have moved several times on Sesame Street.
In the early years they lived in the basement of 123 Sesame Street
Later on they moved down the street to an apartment in Bob's building several floors above ground,this is where Ernie's windowbox with the Twiddlebugs was.
Recently they have moved back to the basement of 123 and the Twiddlebugs are only seen in Sesame Street Magazine and in older segments.
Question: Why did they move? Any ideas:stick_out_tongue: :frown:
to my understanding, they always lived in the 123 building. where did you hear this?

abiraniriba

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
to my uns=derstanding, they always lived in the 123 building. where did you hear this?
I didn't hear it, I just noticed that when Ernie introduced the Twiddlebugs the scene was an apartment window a few floors above ground with a window box

Katzi428

Reaction score
Maybe Gordon & Susan charged them too much rent!:smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
that's funny. anyway I'm sure they always lived where they lived. that late 80s Do The Rubber Duck segment the bathroom window was larger than the other windows in thir apartment unit. Doubt there's any real explanation to these.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember in the late 80's, a fire happened in the basement at 123 Sesame Street. Everyone ran out and Big Bird wondered where Ernie and Bert were. They said they went on vacation. I'm just imagining the bad shape their apartment must be in since the fire happened in the basement.