1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Eureka's Castle

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by The Big Don, Sep 1, 2002.

1. The Big Don

The Big Don New Member

I use to watch this show when it was on nickelodeon. I heard it was a Henson production. Can someone tell me where I can find episodes or more info on this. Thanks
  2. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

No, it wasn't. But the people who did this show were very obviously inspired by Jim Henson...
  3. Yeah, it was a neat li'l show---I especially loved the theme song, and the singin' stone fish on the fountain or what have you!
  4. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I wonder why Noggin doesn't show this program. I allways loved it when I was a kid. I even remember a good number of the characters names.
  5. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

They DID show this program. They took it off when they changed Noggin's lineup to accommodate two specific demographics (namely, toddlers and 'tweens), instead of kids in general. This was the same time that they took The Electric Company, 3-2-1 Contact, Square One TV, and Bill Nye the Science Guy off of the daytime lineup and shoved them into late-night with Sesame Street Unpaved.
  6. kansasteen14

kansasteen14 New Member

I loved this show when I was little and they show sesame street unpaved during the day in my area.
  7. baby sinclair

baby sinclair New Member

Eurekas castle

I'snt that big dragon on threre played by the same man who plays bear off of Bear in the big blue house; and also it is very likley we can get them to putback on noggin because they play the same stuff twice a week.So it's worth a try.
  8. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Yes, Noel McNeal, who plays Bear, also played Magellan the Dragon on Eureeka's Castle. Also, Pam Arciero (Grungetta on Sesame Street) played Quagmire and Emma; James Kroupa (Otto on Bear in the Big Blue House) was Batly, Sir Klank, and the Giant; and Brian Muehl (did various incidental characters in assorted Muppet productions) was Bogge and Mr. Knack. With all these Muppet performers on it, it's surprising that Henson WASN'T involved with this show. Guess the secondary puppeteers are allowed to moonlight...
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

One of MANY JHC ripoffs(puzzle place, gullah gullah, etc)
    Then again over the years I call stuff Muppet ripoffs...but since JH reinvented children's programming and the art of puppetry as we know it...I guess it may be like calling a Boeing plane a ripoff of the Wright Brothers.
  10. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Well, I mean when a person/group revolutionizes a feild, its a bit hard to make anything that doesn't come arcoss as a knockoff. Although yes I will definitely admit that the puppets and the type of show could be concieved as a knock-off, I give a large amount of points for the concept of the show which I thought was really quite neat (the inner life of music box characters, what a cool theme).

I am a very big EC fan, thus I know a bit about the show. The interesting thing is, its actually an MTV production. No lie. I have a little Eureeka hand puppet with the copyright stampings to prove it. Probably the only good thing MTV has ever done since AEon Flux and Beavis and Butthead.

-Matt
  11. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

It wasn't produced by MTV. It was produced by MTV NETWORKS, which is Viacom's cable-television division.
  12. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Right, MTV Networks, the overhead for MTV itself. That's the head company that produces and approves all of their programming (just below Viacom in the rankings). The name isn't as prominent as it was when EC was on, but if you look at old shows on MTV, they are all MTV Networks productions. So basically the TV Station didn't do it, but their overhead did.

-Matt
  13. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Lets face it, Since the Muppets nearly every Hand Puppet Show looks like a Muppet rip Off.

No one knows how to make they're own individual look now, Its crazy !

See ya
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Lets face it, Since the Muppets nearly every Hand Puppet Show looks like a Muppet rip Off.

No one knows how to make they're own individual look now, Its crazy !<<<

Too true BlueFrackle! (That's why I amended my post, heh)
  15. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Ya know...originality in anything is hard nowadays. So much has already been done. Its really a huge problem for me, being I really should figure out what I'm going to do with my life so I know what to do in college. But I just don't know. I mean, I think and think, but nothing new. All been done before. I know I'd like to work on the television, but I just can't figure it out yet. Well whatever, I guess theres always a promissing career in automobile sales waiting if I can't find my true calling.

So basically, give the copy-cats a little more slack. Its hard as *heck* to come up with an original idea, especially in childrens entertainment.

-Matt
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Cantus:

>>>Ya know...originality in anything is hard nowadays. So much has already been done. Its really a huge problem for me, being I really should figure out what I'm going to do with my life so I know what to do in college. But I just don't know. I mean, I think and think, but nothing new. All been done before. I know I'd like to work on the television, but I just can't figure it out yet. Well whatever, I guess theres always a promissing career in automobile sales waiting if I can't find my true calling.<<<

Man, I never realized how much you sound just *like* me. Wow.
    Yeah, Im gonna be completely honest...I feel kind of undecided in life...I have these big bright dreams of making movies, writing novels, etc...my more realistic goals of putting out a comic book will most likely be one of my to be accomplkished goals next year.

But yeah I too am trying to figure out what Im gonna do with my life...however, I shoul dhave some big news regarding some first steps Im taking next week. Anyways, to lift something from KSY, hope ya find your star! I hope everyone does!
  17. baby sinclair

baby sinclair New Member

hey BlueFrackle are you a muppet maniac or a fraggle maniac
  18. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Yeah, Cor, you sounded alot like me in that post there. I am getting a few things connected slowly, hopefully by college I'll have some idea of who I am. Yeah...lookin' for my star...still lookin'...keep fishin'...weezer...:(

-Matt
  19. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

I'm jumping in to this thread late (Aren't I always?) but I loved EC! It hasn't aired in Canada for years but the show has quite a little following here.

- The puppets were built by 3-Design Studio Inc, the same folks who created puppets for "Wimzie's House", "Groundling Marsh", "The Puzzle Place" and most of the non-Muppet shows coming out of NYC. I've been trying to dig up info on 3-Design for years with little success, but I think alot of the builders come from the Muppets. They also design toys and do costumes I believe.

- MTV Networks (Viacom) owns Nick and Noggin

- All of the secondary puppeteers with the Muppets are non-exclusive to JHC, but I believe the 1st string puppeteers (Kevin, Steve, Dave, etc.) do have exclusive (and lucrative) contracts with JHC.

- Interestingly enough, while JHC never fretted over "EC" they did sue "Wimzie's House" which used very similar puppets to the "EC" ones also built by 3-Design Studio.
  20. matleo

matleo Active Member

Hey Buck,
    Kim Kroupa (the aforementioned batly) is one of the foundign members of 3 Design. They also built the puppets for "Betwen the Lions". I have few "Lions" contacts and have met the 3-Desgin folks once or twice but can't remember their names besides Kroupa's. Let me do some digging and I might be able find out more. If you have specific questions drop me a note and I'll see what I can find.

--Matt