1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

European McDonald's Muppet Show Happy Meal

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Zack the Dog, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

I read this on Danny's ToughPigs.com site, i haven't heard anyone talking about it and just wondering if anyone know's any info? Luke will these be in your area?

Theres a photo of 8 Muppet doll's on Tough Pigs inculding Kermit,Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, ROWLF, Swedish Chef, Animal, and Beaker.
    its to bad they couldn't do ten dolls then you could have bunsen and scooter, or how about 12 dolls with statler and waldorf also.

well, anyways UNFAIR! I want them too! I'm sure that they aren't the greatest dolls and someday they may win a ugly contest, but i can't really see all that well in the photo.

when i first read about this i thought to my self it should be a rule that every Mc Donalds should have the sametoys around the world, but then i thought well there are toys that may be based on a US cartoon show that the UK doesn't play or some toys that are made in the UK that the US does have and Vice versa.

But i think that this one should be alaround the world because it's the muppets, i mean we didn't get much from Dennys and LJS, it would be great for henson if there characters were in every MC'ds. it would be great promotion for the 25 years.
  2. Ryan

Ryan New Member

I'm getting them for Christmas, so I'll let all of you know all there is to know when I get them
  3. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

4. Luke

Luke Active Member

If they are in the UK, i'll get them for people - but our happy meal toys are usually different from France and Germany so it's not the same throughout the whole of Europe. Our next one up is Beauty and the Beast on Nov 9th and it runs for 9 weeks so i think the Muppets won't happen here. Any Germans in the house ?
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

(sadly sighing)

Man, and over here we're stuck with the thrice yearly, gender specific toy. Boys get ugly Transformers Armada toys (that look like the cheap 1980's Transformer ripoffs), and crappy Hello Kitty stuff (She has no mouth! Doesn't that scare anyone?)

I mean they have Rowlf, Beaker, and the Swedish Chef? MAAAANNNN!!! OH THE PAIN! OH THE PAIN OF IT ALL!!!!!!

SOmeone please look for these somewhere! PLEASE???
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Shoot.

Another reason to boycott McD's. Not only did I see a guy in the back eating over food he was preparing, NOW they won't sell Muppet Merchandise in the US.

DOWN WITH THE CLOWN!!

F:mad:Z
  7. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

UGH!

WHY oh WHY????

Wow, with Rowlf and Beaker and Chef even. that's an impressive lineup for McDonalds...wish they were here. Or I wish I were there. I wish a lot of things.

Quinnnnnnnnn
  8. Drtooth

9. radionate

radionate New Member

Okay,

As some of you might know, I've collected Happy Meal toys since I was a tot, and even worked on some collector's guides published in the early 90's. So everyone Listen to ME:

DON'T PANIC!!!

These still might show up in the US (but I'm doubtful).

Here's the weird thing. Right now, I can find no info about it anywhere. Beauty and the Beast is running for most of November in Europe (and I'm ticked as Germany has a plush Lumiere and England (LUKE!!!) has the Wardrobe and Maurice, none of which were available in the states!!!)

There are very few exclusive Europe Happy Meals any more. They do switch some toys out. However, I find it odd that the 25th anniversary is almost officially over, and these have yet to come out.

I'M PANICING NOW. And I'm actually going to call my friends in Germany and shake them down for details.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  10. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

I thought these were coming to Germany.

But then i realised when i got my Los Telenecos Football Muppet Plush on there tags it says 'Telenecos - 25 Aniversario' .
    They are Spanish, And the whole 25th Anniversary logo was all in Spanish.

So these would be in German, right ?

So now im really hoping they are coming to England!

See ya
  11. radionate

radionate New Member

Well I'm still searching.

France has M&M's right now, and Japan has Mickey and Company Christmas Themed toys!!!!

Odds are they will pop up all over Europe, but maybe at various times. I still have a lot of unanswered questions that I'm looking into.
  12. BlueFrackle

Nate,

Im definetely gettin that Chip cup !
    As soon as i saw it was available in Germany i emailed all my German friends - LOL

Well all most all of Europe have just started Beauty and the Beast, So maybe the Muppets are next in line ?

see ya
  13. radionate

radionate New Member

It sucks that all of the toys available in the states were also available over there, otherwise I would have traded you for a Wardrobe!
  14. Drtooth

BlueFrackle, just curious. Did you get or see any of the Burger king MFS toys? If you know where to get some, can you look for the Rizzo on a chese one?

See my previous post to see the picture!
  15. BlueFrackle

Nate,

Hehe !

We need this Muppet set tho...

the US and Canada got the Muppet sets all through the 90's !

Tooth
    I buy everything...

LOL!

Ill see if i have another one, I know i can find one...

See ya
  16. radionate

radionate New Member

BlueFrackle,

You guys got them too didn't you? If not, let me know, and I'll get you the Muppet Babies, GMC Glasses, MTI, and any others you want.
  17. Drtooth

I have to say, the UK BK MFS (woah! Three abriviations at once!!!) toys are better than the US wendy's ones, in some ways. Don't care too much for the Animal, but the Rizzo ANd EM bus with Kermit sticking out are the best.
    I have just one wendy's Gonzo, and it fell on the floor! Now it doesn't spark anymore!
  18. BlueFrackle

Nate,

I need The Great Muppet Caper Glass that was only available for the McDonalds employees !

But i doubt you got two of those !

I bought all the rest tho...

And you say our toys are better ?!
    NHL Muppet Plushes ?!

LOL!

But really i think some toys are better out of each sets, They seam a whole lot better because its harder to get them.

But i have em all, apart from that Mexican Muppet Racer set !

See ya
  19. radionate

radionate New Member

Re: Nate,

The NHL were in Canada, still kinda hard for US folks to get until they hit ebay.

I've not seen the Mexican Muppet Racer set either!

(And no, I don't have 2 of the employees glass):D
  20. BlueFrackle

Nate,

I didnt think so - Hehe !

These were Muppet Babies in a Hot Wheels type car, You pulled em back and they shot off.

Thats the only set i need !

See ya