1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Muppetaz, Apr 7, 2011.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

You mean the Link with that evil twin goatee?
  2. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

YES! **cackles maniacally** This put a huuuuge smile on my face after a really rotten day, so thank you! This is so hilarious.... I also dig your choices of his wardrobe (I am especially tickled by his shoes for some reason!) and van outfitting. Thank you!!!
  3. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------------
    Glad you guys like; was fun to draw. He's such a...er, pig! :news:

For Ed's benefit: the drawing is of Link seated casually just inside a tricked-out van a' la 1975 or so; he has one eyebrow quirked up and is patting the mattress just inside the Love Van as an invitation. I dressed him in white bellbottoms and a pale blue open-collared shirt with wide lapels, so the ugly huge gold medallions as well as his abundant hog hair are visible. He has on white disco loafers and a sparkly belt buckle with the Playhog pig (think of the Bunny...just a pig head instead). The walls of the van, including its open side doors, are thickly tufted and padded in red plush. Shag carpet covers the van floor. A lava lamp on a tackly little mod plastic table sit to the right, just behind the driver's chair, and most of the interior is filled by a large mattress upon which fluffy pillows (one shaped like a pink heart) recline. A beaded curtain separates the mattress from the rest of the interior, and a disco ball adds sparkle to the love-pad. I threw in every cliche I could think of (and actually draw).
    -----------------
    Nasubionna and The Count like this.
  4. The Count

Thanks for the info Kris.
    *Laughs... Cue the intro music now, Link Hogthrob, International Pig of Mystery.
    Nasubionna likes this.
  5. newsmanfan

----------------
    Bow chikka bow bow....

Mitchell on tha cornah!
    ---------------
  6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

MITCHELL!
    kyunkyua likes this.
  7. The Count

The Martha Mitchell story?
  8. newsmanfan

----------------
    Starring Sandy Duncan as Marsha Brady?

----------------
  9. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

Slackbot and newsmanfan like this.
  10. newsmanfan

-------------
    Aw, he looks all determined and heroic...hold that thought while the director readies the large falling cow...

Thank you!!!! :news: I love the pose especially!
    -----------------
    Nasubionna likes this.
  11. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

Ok, this nonsense was inspired the character theme songs thread... "I'm Too Sexy" was brought up as a possibility for Pepe... and I thought it would also work for Link, then I couldn't decide which was more hilarious, Link or Pepe singing that song. So I decided they both should, and naturally, this had to be drawn.
    Fortunately, it works out because there are two guys strutting their stuff on the catwalk in the video, though I left out the guitar because to my knowledge, Link does not have instrumental skillz.
    If you don't understand this, you can watch the video that inspired it by clicking here: [link]

Oh, early 90's, how I miss you sometimes.... XD

[​IMG]
    miss kermie and newsmanfan like this.
  12. The Count

Heh, funny because :shifty: was the one who sang a couple of parts from that song on Muppets Tonight in the Cindy Crawford episode where he was helping Bobo get the supermodel.
  13. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

Ha, I havent' seen that episode yet!
  14. newsmanfan

--------------
    You just KNOW this is seconds before a who-is-mas-macho fight breaks out. Chest hair will be pulled.

---------------
    Nasubionna likes this.
  15. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

Oh, Link... I love you, but I'm pretty sure that Pepe would win that contest. :p
  16. newsmanfan

Yep. He's meaner. I forsee a large hog running for his mommy within seconds...
    --------------------
    Nasubionna likes this.
  17. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

My half of an art trade with Slackbot. Hope you like it!!
    [​IMG]
  18. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I does indeed! I give it two purple thumbs up. Thank you!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Jaz gots art too! It's on lined paper, and I didn't have a scanner... Oh well, hooray for 3Ds's! Here's my favorite Muppets with my own character, Jaz, and a made up child for Kermit and Miss Piggy, Samuel Lee.

[​IMG]

It looks wierd to me, but that could be an artist thing... Or it really looks wierd. They are only Sketch/Drawings anyways.
  20. newsmanfan

------------
    Miss K, could you repost? I'm not getting that link.

:oops: Do you want me to get him for you?
    --------------