Fan-Fic: Grover On Vacation

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
after Surviour Game grover might need a nother VAC.. i like your story so far keep it up Yeah!!!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Awesome, minor muppetz. I love how everyone was trying to tell the kid about there being more to life than video games. And Oscar's lines were awesome!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 11.

The bus took everybody got to the site of the cave. However, they were cut off by a police officer.

"I'm sorry", said the police officer, "but this area is blocked. Now leave now."

"But we've gotta get there", said Big Bird.

"My son is trapped in that cave", said Grovers mom.

"oh, then why didn't you say so?", asked the police officer. He let them through.

"What a nice man", said Hoots.

Now they were trying to figure out how to let them out. It was hard for even the most advanced machinery to let them out.

"i've got an idea", said herry, "I can lift these stones up and save them!", and he went to pick up the first big stone, but it was so heavy, even for herry, that he got worn out after lifting the first stone and decided to take a rest.

"Now, if those stones are too heavy for herry, do you think we can think of something, Sully?", Biff asked Sully. They thought for a moment, then Sully had an idea, but Biff interrupted him before he could talk. "think, Sully, think. How do you think we could save them?", Sully tried to talk again untill Biff interrupted him with a solution. "I've got it! We can drill past these stones and lead them all to safety", said Biff. Sully nodded his head very fast, but then Sully realized somethign but was interrupted by Biff again. "oh, wait, we left our drills on the train", said Biff, and Biff and Sully ran for the train.

"heh heh heh, anybody else have any ideas?", asked oscar.

"Me so hungry!", said Cookie Monster, who then got an idea. "Me got it! In past me have eaten wall, typewriter, telephone, volkswageon, letters of the day, and even Hoopers Store! Oh, and entire street, but me forget how that was fixed. Me can eat the stones and save them!" Cookie Monster excitedly ran and ate the stones.

"Boy, look at him eat", said Oscar.

"Go, Cookie, Go!", cheered Hoots, Biff and Grovers mom.

"Way to go, Cookie Monster", said Bob.

Down in the cave, everybody could hear some munching.

"Does anybody hear a weird noise?", asked the mother.

"I hope it's not another earthquake", said the wolf.

"Maybe we are being rescued", said Lauren.

"or maybe we are dying", said the old man.

Unfortunately, Cookie Monster got a major tummy ache before he was even halfway finished. "oh, me so tired", said Cookie Monster.

"there, there", said Gina, "I brought my veterinarian kit. I'll give you a free check-up".

"well, well, well", said Oscar, "i never knew that it was possible for Cookie Monster to not finish a meal".

"i will try my magic", said Mumford, "a La peanut butter sandwhiches!", but his spell only gave everybody at the site of the cave sandwhiches, even those who were trapped.

"well, at least we got some quick food service", said Fat Blue, and everybody ate their sandwhiches.

"That didn't work. Oh, well. I'll try another spell. O La peanut butter sandhwiches!", said Mumford, but that spell only caused country music to be heard from out of nowhere.

"all right!", said Hoots, "I'll jam to this music", and he then played his saxaphone.

"I'll try one more spell before giving up", said Mumford, "I la peanut butter sandhwiches!". But that only caused a rabbit to hop out of Mumfords pants pocket.

"This is getting weird", said Bob.

"will we ever be able to save them?", asked Gina.

"Hopefully", said Bob, "hopefully".

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
They're all trying so hard... poor Cookie didn't finish a meal! I'm shocked...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
They're all trying so hard... poor Cookie didn't finish a meal! I'm shocked...
Don't worry. I plan on getting them out in one or two chapters. It's not long now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 12.

Everyone was losing hope in the cave. But they were also curious about the various things that have happened thanks to Mumfords magic.

"where do you suppose the peanut butter sandwhiches and the music came from?", asked the old man.

"well, whatever it is, it didn't come from here", said lauren.

"is it possible that we could still get out of here?", asked Fta Blue.

"well", said grover, "To quote a wise man , 'Anything is possible'".

"that sounds like something I once read on a message board on the internet", said The Wolf.

Lauren started looking at the lava lamp. "Boy, this lava is pretty", she said. The she had gotten an idea. She opened the lid and tossed the lava at the ceiling above them. Some of the stoens dissolved, but not much.

"this is hopeless", said the six-year-old.

But then a magical genie came out of the lamp that the lava was in.

"who are you", said Grover, "McGuyver?"

"I am the genie of the lava lamp", said the genie of the lava lamp, "I have been trapped inside that lava lamp for 50 years. The lava has affected my powers, but now I am out, and I will grant all of you wishes".

"well, since we rescued you, will you rescue us?", asked lauren.

"of course", said the genie, who then pointed both of his pointer fingers at the ceiling and made a magical hole for them to climb out of. At the top, Grover saw all of his friends. Everybody cheered.

"hooray!", cheered everybody.

"Mommy! Ernie! Bert! Even Biff and Sully! You are all here!", said an excited Grover, "and Mumford, you're here too. well, that would explain the peanut butter sandwhiches".

"We're glad to see you again, Grover", said Hoots.

"How is everybody on Sesame Street?", asked Grover.

"Oh, they are all doing fine, and they will be happier once they know that you are okay", said Grovers Mom, "oh, and I almost forgot, Little Jerry And The Monotoens are having a concert soon and they need to borrow your portable telephone booth so that they can perform Telephone Rock in concert".

"oh, yeah, and your boss, Charlie, told me that he hasn't gotten any complaints at his resturaunt since you left for your vacation", said Oscar.

"I can believe that", said Fat Blue.

"I'll call Sesame Street and tell them that you are okay", said Bob.

"oh, and I have promised to grant your wishes. What is it that you all want?", asked the genie.

"i would like to make some friends", said the wolf, "and I would also like for my old friends to forgive me and beleive that I am no longer a liar".

"I would like better customer service", said Fat Blue.

"And I would like a vacation so that I can spend some quality time with my parents", said Lauren.

"i could really go for a betamax and an 8-track player right now", said the old man.

"hey, can I hang out with you?", Bert asked the old man.

"I wish for some more vacatio time", said the mother.

"I wish that my mom would get her wish", said her six-year-old son.

"Is there anything you would like, Grover?", asked the genie.

"well, theres not really anything that I want, so will you please give my friends wishes?", asked Grover.

The genie accepted. Oscar wished for more grumpiness. Grovers Mom wished for Grover to be safer. Ernie wished for his rubber duckie to have a louder squeaking noise. Bert wished for 27 new mint condition paper clips, although after getting his wish, he wished that he had wished for Ernie to be quiet during bed time. Herry wished for some new excersize equipment. Biff wished for a new hammer. Sully tried to wish for a chance to talk, but he didn't get a chance to make the wish. Hoots wished for some more gigs. Cookie Monster wished for 3000 cookies. Bob wished for a new sweater. Gina wished to have her electric bill paid. The Amazing Mumford wished to have better magic. And Big Bird wished for a new pair of rollerskates.

back home, everyone hapily welcomed Grover back. They gave him a welcome home party.

"oh, I would like to thank you all for giving me this party. It means so much to me", said Grover.

"well, you deserve it", said Maria.

"Every secodn of it", said Prarie dawn.

"Even I think you are worthy of it", said Fat Blue.

"And I am glad that I no longer have to worry about you having too much fun to come back", said Telly.

Elmo was watching the party throguh the window, feeling very moody. "aw, rats! If Elmo had come, he could have had his own party", said Elmo.

The End.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
things I thought about

Well, now that this story is over, I thoguht that I would talk about some things that I had planned but didn't include in this story.

In the first chapter, when Grover went to fat Blues house at the middle of the night, I had thought about including a different character besides fat Blue, like Bert or Lefty, but then decided to just use fat blue.

During the tour of the cave, before the terrible cave in, I had thought about having them see a fraggle hole, but decided not to.

After writing this, I think that Sesame Workshop needs to get a movie company to produce a new Sesame Street movie and have Grover be the star.

If this was a movie, I would have included a few songs. Maybe Grover could have sang his own version of I'm So Blue (from Follow That Bird) when he was trapped, or maybe Grover and the other tourists could have sung a song similar to The Friendship Song from the Fraggle Rock episode Marooned, or a song similar to Just One Person. If this was a movie and cover versions of songs could be allowed, then it would be fitting to have Grover sing Vacation. Of course, for songs, I would also have the main Sesame Street cast sing some songs. They could sing at Grovers going away party (and maybe a reprise of this song could be sung when Grover comes back), and they could sing while on the the train. One celebrity who I pictured playing Lauren the tour guide is Norah Jones, who is a singer. If she or another woman singer played the role, then Lauren should have been given a song of her own.

If this was a movie, then I am sure that some of the refferences wouldn't be incuded, such as the refference to forum member Furry Red Monster, some of the refferences to Sesame Street characters no longer seen on the show, and possibly the refference to Wilkins Coffee. I think that Kermit probably wouldn't appear in a movie like this (Unless maybe Disney wanted to produce a Sesame Street movie and allowed Kermit to appear in it for free). I also think that the producers of such a movie would have demanded that Elmo (and Zoe and Telly and baby Bear) would go with the others, and Biff, Sully, Mumford, and Herry probably wouldn't get to take the trip.

G-MAN

Reaction score
MY 500TH POST!!!!!!!!!!Yes, and I loved it.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I haven't read this properly yet since it's rather late at the moment.
But I definitely will. It looks awesome.