Fan-Fic: We Know That It's Probably Magic

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Well, it's easy, really. You puff out your cheeks so it looks like you're holding your breath, and then you breathe through your nose... kidding, of course. Anyway, I posted my chapter, so now to sing the praises of yours! ...Except that I'm not really going to sing, I'm sorry but I don't know the tune... Anyway!

theprawncracker said:
Kermit pushed his way to the dance floor. He was flooded with girls wanting to dance with him. Why did I have to make these girls so lovesick? He thought.
Ha! Good question. I mean really, he only wanted to dance with Miss Piggy anyway, and...

theprawncracker said:
And then, it happened. Death struck, he knocked Kermit on his back with the handle of his scythe. "IT'S OVER FROG." He said.
NO!

theprawncracker said:
Uncle Deadly pushed back the crowds watching in horror. "Don't hurt him Death." He told his master.
Good start UD, but you're talking to your master. You need a little more force than that. And you need it NOW!

theprawncracker said:
"I WILL DO WHAT IS NECESSARY." Death bellowed.
NECESSARY ACCORDING TO WHO, MR. DEATH? Come on, listen to UD, please...

theprawncracker said:
"IT'S NOT THAT EASY FROG." He chuckled. "THIS IS THE LAST STRAW."

No, I see one right there. Kermit wanted to say.
<headslap> Love it.

theprawncracker said:
But comedy escaped him. He was finished.
Oh don't say that!

theprawncracker said:
"Hey check out the cool flames!" Gonzo exclaimed.
Gonzo, shouldn't you be...

theprawncracker said:
"Come on Gonzo, we have to find Miss Piggy." Robin scolded him.
...yeah, what Robin said. You tell him, Robin!

theprawncracker said:
Traveling Matt looked at Robin. "Oh, you mean that large pink creature? Oh, she's over there by the punch bowl."
Oy, Matt...

theprawncracker said:
She turned suddenly, revealing a bowl of chips. Her mouth and hands were full. She swallowed loudly and threw the chips on the floor.
Piggy, what are you doing?!? Don't you know that Death is in the middle of the dance floor threatening your frog? Go defend him already! ...Uh, or something...

theprawncracker said:
"Oh, Fairy Godwhatever, what are vous doing here?"

"Huh? I'm Gonzo! Did you hit your head or something?" Gonzo asked. "And if you did, where can I? Ha ha!"
That's just a perfect exchange. That's just... it's perfect. I love it!

theprawncracker said:
"Full of danger, suspense, and a catchy song and dance number!" Gonzo said.
HAAAAAAA! <blink> yeah.

theprawncracker said:
"And you are all way under dressed."
Oh yeah, that's definately Miss Piggy.

theprawncracker said:
"That's it!" Gonzo cried. "Now all we need is some rubber cement, a bulldozer, and forty-three blue suede shoes!"

Fozzie looked at his watch. "We have 25 minutes before the show starts." He said.

Gonzo opened his mouth, but nothing came out. "Ok, never mind."
Have I ever told you that you write Gonzo perfectly? Because really you do.

theprawncracker said:
Oscar waited a moment. "I know now, that you can't sing for sardines lady!"

"What? No life changing lesson? No revelation? Nothing?"

"Nope, nothing." Oscar said. "Thanks!" Oscar began to walk away.

"For what?" The Trash Heap asked.

"Nothing!" Oscar went back inside.

"Marjorie? Are you ok?" Philo asked.

"Yes boys, I'm fine, but, I did learn something today." She said.

"What's that?" Gunge asked.

"That Fraggles are alot easier than Grouches!"
A perfect way to end a perfect scene. Marjorie has some wonderful insight, a musical number, and what does Oscar have? Criticism. PERFECT!

theprawncracker said:
Kermit gulped loudly. He stood up. "No, no I'm not." He said bravely.
Hey, I know that frog. That's the frog who stood up to Doc Hopper (twice, and to Lloyd Galt, and to Tyler Bryant, and to Elmo, and the list goes on and on and on...) Yeah, I know that frog.

theprawncracker said:
"YOU DARE DEFY ME?"
Oh Kermit be careful!

theprawncracker said:
"YOUR FUNNY." Death said. "BUT I'LL PUT AN END TO THAT." He raised his scythe and swung it down.
NO!!!!!!

theprawncracker said:
"No!" Uncle Deadly yelled.
Hey I said it first...

theprawncracker said:
Everyone stared.
Well, can you blame them? Their looking at their dead best friend and leader, who just defied Death! Which is kind of confusing, I mean when you say someone defies death it sounds like their avoiding death, and he's already... Never mind.

theprawncracker said:
"Uncle Kermit!" Robin cheered. He ran to hug him.
<lump in throat> Prawnie... <reaches for kleenex> do you know how long I've been waiting for that hug?...

theprawncracker said:
Kermit put Robin down. "Guys, it's great to see you. But I need to dance with Piggy." He grasped her hand. "Watch Robin, and don't let Death stop us." He began to walk away. "Please." He begged.
...<reaches for teddy bear> and for that dance?... I mean I've been waiting longer for the hug, but the dance...

theprawncracker said:
"Hey man what happened?" Floyd asked.

"Just go with the flow Floyd." Dr. Teeth said. "Go with the flow."

"FLOW! FLOW!" Animal chanted.
HAHAHAHA! <tosses teddy bear aside> I needed that.

theprawncracker said:
Kermit held Piggy tight. Piggy held back. "Oh Kermie." Piggy rested her head on his shoulder.
Finally.

theprawncracker said:
"Piggy, I want you to know, no matter what happens after this, that I'll always love you." Kermit told her.
No matter what happens after this. And what will happen after this? When Death comes and... <shudder> where'd I put that teddy bear...

theprawncracker said:
"Yes frog of my heart?" She asked.
Alright. I don't know why that line got me. But it sure did. "Frog of my heart..."

theprawncracker said:
"This is our song." He said. In the background, The Rainbow Connection blew through the air.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

theprawncracker said:
Death and Uncle Deadly strolled toward the couple. "THIS SHOULD BE NO THREAT AT ALL." Death said.
<gulp>

theprawncracker said:
"And if you are wanting to go through Fozzie and Gonzo, you will have to get through me, Su-per Grover!"
"Kill Squire Trelawny and Mr. Bimbo and you'll hafta..." <checks script> Oops.

theprawncracker said:
"And if you want to go through Fozzie, Gonzo, and Super Grover, you'll have to...What a lovely walking stick you have."
Yeah, that makes more sense than what I said. And it's funny, too!

theprawncracker said:
"QUIET DEADLY. YOU'RE IN ENOUGH TROUBLE AS IT IS." Death scolded him. "I'M MISSING TEA TIME WITH WAR FOR THIS."
Alright, as mad as I'm getting at Death right now, I've gotta admit- that's hilarious.

theprawncracker said:
Uncle Deadly couldn't, and wouldn't take it anymore. He jumped in front of his boss. "Sorry Death, but if you want to get to the frog and the pig, you'll have to get through me!"
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH UNCLE DEADLY! TELL HIM! OH HALLELUJAH WHAT TOOK YA SO LONG?!? GO UNCLE DEADLY! YEAH UD!!!!!! <HUGS> ...sorry, but that should have happened a long time ago...

theprawncracker said:
"What? Oh no, not the fact that Miss Piggy and Kermit are back together, the fact that one of my inventions is actually working, and it's not inflicting pain on you!" Bunsen cheered.
<blink> Now THAT is what you call a "miracle"

theprawncracker said:
"Improvise Scoot, improvise!" Dr. Teeth walked by. "For instance, that Bert fella sounds alot like Fozzie..."
HA! I love it!

theprawncracker said:
Kermit and Piggy danced without paying any attention to the distractions taking place no more than five feet away from them. They were lost. Lost in each other's love.
Yes. Perfect and beautiful, the whole world is just them, just for a moment, everything is absolutely wonderful... <sigh>.

theprawncracker said:
Robin watched Uncle Deadly. He stood up to Death. Robin realized what he needed to do. He walked toward the phantom.
<wide eyes> Be careful, Robin...

theprawncracker said:
"Robin and I are the next act!" Rowlf said.

"Oh boy..." Scooter sighed.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

I love it, I love it, and I love it, and I want MORE!!!!!!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ok, now I have to give you a detailed review of your detailed review!

TogetherAgain said:
<headslap> Love it.
Hehehehe! I'm so glad you liked that part!

TogetherAgain...it's already getting old said:
Oy, Matt...
You know what, I KNEW that was coming! Knew it! I'm so glad I got the Fraggles into this story! They add such great character to the story!

Toga party! Woo! ...um... said:
HAAAAAAA! <blink> yeah.
I loved that part too. One of my favorite lines I've ever written.

Lisa said:
Have I ever told you that you write Gonzo perfectly? Because really you do.
No, no you haven't. But thank you so much for that! Gonzo is my all time favorite Muppet! And he's my favorite to write for!

Lisa wearing a Toga said:
A perfect way to end a perfect scene. Marjorie has some wonderful insight, a musical number, and what does Oscar have? Criticism. PERFECT!
Thanks! Oh, and btw, I'm counting how many times you say "perfect" or "perfectly." I'm up to 5.

Lisa wearing a Toga while singing Together Again said:
Hey, I know that frog. That's the frog who stood up to Doc Hopper (twice, and to Lloyd Galt, and to Tyler Bryant, and to Elmo, and the list goes on and on and on...) Yeah, I know that frog.
I was wondering when that frog was gonna come back...:smile:

Lisa wearing a Toga while singing Together Again at a party said:
Well, can you blame them? Their looking at their dead best friend and leader, who just defied Death! Which is kind of confusing, I mean when you say someone defies death it sounds like their avoiding death, and he's already... Never mind.
See, that's why I prefer "cheating" death, not defying him, because although he cheated death by coming back as a ghost, and now, he's cheating Death by not getting captured by Death...um...I think yours made more sense.

Lisa wearing a Toga while singing Together Again at a party in Illinois said:
<lump in throat> Prawnie... <reaches for kleenex> do you know how long I've been waiting for that hug?...
Well, I've been waiting 16 chapters. I don't know about you.:wink:

Lisa wearing a Toga while...while...*faints* said:
HAHAHAHA! <tosses teddy bear aside> I needed that.
I needed it too. I'm glad we shared.

... said:
No matter what happens after this. And what will happen after this? When Death comes and... <shudder> where'd I put that teddy bear...
You tossed it aside. Over there...

... said:
Alright, as mad as I'm getting at Death right now, I've gotta admit- that's hilarious.
Well, this just proves it, that Death can be funny.

... said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH UNCLE DEADLY! TELL HIM! OH HALLELUJAH WHAT TOOK YA SO LONG?!? GO UNCLE DEADLY! YEAH UD!!!!!! <HUGS> ...sorry, but that should have happened a long time ago...
It should have? Well, would you have enough courage to stand up to your boss? Especcially if your boss carried around a huge scythe and wore a dark cloak? And on top of it all, he's Death for corn's sake!

...Wha? What happened? said:
<blink> Now THAT is what you call a "miracle"
You're not kidding!

Is it over? Aw man I slept through some of it... said:
I love it, I love it, and I love it, and I want MORE!!!!!!!
Ok, ok, more tomorrow.

Oh, and btw Lisa, while reading your entire post, this was me...:big_grin:

Thank you ten zillion, billion, million, thousand and one times for the detailed review! It was great! And when you post your next chapter you get one too!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
First, I have to say, this was the best chapter so far. Second, Lisa beat me to doing a detailed review and I don't think I could say it much better than she could. Third of all, it's just so darn good and Fourth of all, I want to see more!!!!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
*flops onto the floor*
*pokes Beau with a stick* Beau...Beau? Get up...Come on...

But anyway, thanks for the er...compliments Beau, and Beth! More coming soon!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 17: The End of an Era

The Rainbow Connection connected. The song finished. Kermit held Piggy close even after the song finished. Piggy didn't resist. She let her eyes stay shut. She couldn't see the epic fight about to ensue behind her frog prince.

Uncle Deadly stood his ground. Death was not going to hurt Kermit. "I won't let you through." The phantom said.

"THEN, I WILL HAVE TO HURT YOU." Death snapped. He swung scythe at Uncle Deadly. He caught it by the handle. Death was taken aback, then, Uncle Deadly pushed the handle against Death's chest. "YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR DEFIANCE DEADLY." Death wailed. He extended his hand and the scythe was ripped from Uncle Deadly's hands, and it returned to Death's.

Robin ran up behind Death. He didn't know what to do, so he did the first thing that came to his mind. He pulled on Death's long black cloak.

Death barely felt the slight tug on his cloak, but when he did, he turned his stare to Robin. He reached down his hand, and grabbed Robin by his throat.

Uncle Deadly charged. But he stopped when Death extended the tiny frog in front with his bony hand. "I DON'T THINK SO." Death told Uncle Deadly.

Uncle Deadly was paralyzed. He stared from Robin's eyes to the inside of Death's hood. Robin's small green hands pulled at Death's grip. But it was no use, Death was not letting go.

"It's not easy bein' green." Rowlf sang on stage.
"It seems you blend in with so many other, ordinary things."

Backstage, Scooter the other Muppets watched Rowlf on stage. "Robin's supposed to go on now! What do we do?" Scooter asked.

"IMPROVISE! IMPROVISE!" Animal chanted.

"That's it!" Rizzo cheered. "We just need another green fella to sing Robin's part!"

"But who could be Robin?" Big Bird asked.

The door slammed open, and Oscar walked in. "That Trash Heap, thinks she's so smart." He muttered. Everyone stared at him. "Hey? What are you lookin' at?"

"Let him go Death." Uncle Deadly told the cloaked figure.

"LET ME GO, AND I'LL LET HIM."

Uncle Deadly growled. He turned his head to Kermit. He was so happy. How could Uncle Deadly end that? But, he thought, if Robin was harmed, Kermit would never be happy again. Uncle Deadly sighed. He stepped aside.

"I KNEW YOU'D SEE IT MY WAY." Death threw Robin to the ground and walked towards Kermit and Piggy.

"Robin? Are you alfright?" Uncle Deadly asked the young frog.

He nodded slowly, overcome with fear.

"Alfright then. Stay here." Uncle Deadly stood up. He turned towards Death. He didn't have much time.

Uncle Deadly jumped forward. Passing Death and grabbing Piggy and Kermit up off the floor. He jumped again, this time up to the balcony. Landing in between Cinderella's step parents.

"Cinderella? What are you doing here?" Statler asked. "And why are you a frog?"

"You old fool! You forgot your contacts again!" Waldorf said.

Uncle Deadly jumped away. He landed next to Count Fozzie. He let Kermit and Piggy out of his grip. "Stay here!" He shouted. He jumped back down to the dance floor.

"Sire?" Count Fozzie asked Kermit.

"Not now Fozzie." Kermit silenced him. He watched Uncle Deadly stare down Death.

"DEADLY. AGAIN YOU DEFY ME. AND AGAIN," flames emerged from the end of his scythe. "I WILL DEFEAT YOU."

"Not without a fight." Uncle Deadly said.

Kermit watched his friend fight Death. Flames shot everywhere, coming from Death's scythe. Uncle Deadly shot lightning from his palms. The explosions almost drowned out the screaming from the escaping crowds.

"Kermie," Piggy turned to him. "It doesn't have to be like this! We can't let Uncle Deadly get hurt. He's our family! We have to stop this now!" She protested. "I love you Kermie, but I won't let you risk others just for me!"

Kermit turned to her. He nodded. He wrapped his arms around her. "I love you too Miss Piggy. And, I'll miss you." He kissed her cheek, and jumped off the balcony to the dance floor below.

"Yeah well same to you buddy!" Oscar yelled as he walked offstage.

"Oscar they're cheering for you!" Scooter told the grouch.

"I know! That's the problem! They're to cheerful!" Oscar moaned.

Scooter shook his head. "Electric Mayhem up next!" Scooter called into his earpiece.

The Mayhem took thier positions on stage. The cuirtain opened and they began to play.

"Alright! This one goes out to our good friend Kermit the Frog! Where ever he may be, we still miss him! And we want him to know it!" Floyd said into the microphone. "Hit it!"

The band played and sand.

"Crazy Harry's explosions still sting," Dr. Teeth began.
"And Gonzo he still can't sing,"

"And Dr. Teeth still has an underbite!" Floyd sang.

"I represent that remark!" Dr. Teeth said.

"Yeah, but Pigs in Space still rule the sky," Floyd continued the song.
"And Oscar's still a grouchy guy!
And Animal is looking dynamite!"

"DYNA-MITE!" Animal said.

"Yeah Kermit may be dead and gone,
But us Muppets will go on,
And he is still hot,
Cause it's still not,
Easy bein' green!" The band harmonized.

"Well Bert is mad 'cause Ernie can't here.
With a banana in his ear." Janice sang.
"They must learn how to cooperate!"

"Well The Count is counting 1, 2, 3,
And no one laughs at poor Fozzie,
And Scooter's mad 'cause Rowlf is always late!" Dr. Teeth sang.

"Oh Kermit may be dead and gone,
But us Muppets will go on,
And he is still hot,
'Cause it's still not,
Easy bein'..." The band sang.

The Count came on stage. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12!"

"Now Miss Piggy's just a big slab of pork,
To The Swedish Chef who sings," Floyd sang.

The Swedish Chef walked on stage. "Mmm, bork, bork, bork!

"And Cookie Monster wants another bite!" Dr. Teeth sang.

"And Big Bird, well he just can't see,
Why the two old guys in the balcony think,
Snuffleupagus is out of sight!" Janice sang.

"Oh Kermit may be dead and gone,
But us Muppets will go on.
And he is still hot,
Cause it's still not,
Easy bein' green."

"Easy bein' green!" Dr. Teeth sang.

"EASY BEIN' GREEN! Ha ha ha!" Animal finished.

The crowd applauded loudly. All except Statler and Waldorf who sat in the balcony. "Well Waldorf, I geuss he's really gone." Statler sighed.

"Well, I guess there is a bright side to it though." Waldorf said.

"What's that?"

"Well, the show couldn't get any worse while he was still here! I guess it can't now either!"

"Do ho ho ho!"

Death fired from his scythe. Barely missing Uncle Deadly. "Where's that aim you're famous for?" Uncle Deadly smirked.

"RIGHT HERE!" Death shouted. He fired a direct hit into Uncle Deadly's gut. It knocked him to the floor. Death walked up to him and put the base of his scythe in his gut. "NOW, IT IS OVER DEADLY."

Uncle Deadly panted. He turned his head and saw Gonzo, Fozzie, Traveling Matt, and Grover sit up. They all rubbed their heads. Robin ran over to them.

Suddenly, he felt a thump on the floor, he turned his head, and saw two green flippers on the floor next to him.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*lets out a low whistle* Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

There's some more good stuff here. I wish I could be more detailed at the moment, but I'm late for a meeting, but wow. I'm speechless and it's a cliffhanger and I gotta know what happens next.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I'm biting my lips so hard I think they're coming off, and there are some major tears in my eyes. ...at least I'm breathing... sort of... So incredibly powerful, prawncracker, so incredibly.... oy...... I need another teddy bear...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
...Lisa didn't ask for more story...IT'S A SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!! First Death has come, and now Lisa isn't asking for a new chapter!

And the bad part is, that I was going to post more tonight, but since Lisa doesn't want any...