Fan-Fic: We Know That It's Probably Magic

Beauregard

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Oh that is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!! Oscar and Marjorie singing "I love trash"- I applaud! Okay so I laugh and THEN applaud, but I APPLAUD!

And Matt wants to ask the chairs. Perfect.

And the conversation between UD and Death. It is... ooh. Something... something big is here. I can feel it. There is some sort of priceless gem hiding beneath the cloak of that conversation. I can feel it there, I can see the approximate shape of it, but I can't quite... I don't quite know what it is, what it looks like... but it is there, isn't it?

Oh. And this line? This line right here?

Yeah. That's good. I love that. Lovely. And ever so, so very, FUNNY!
Can I just agree with everything that Lisa said?

And add...Cinderpiggy! I LOVE that dream!!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Sorry guys, no chapter tongiht. I've been at my Homecoming dance, and I need sleep. Sorry...More tomorrow though...I hope...:smirk: :zany: :embarrassed:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Sleep? What's that?

Is okay, I understand that sort of thing. Looking forward to the next chapter, though!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ok, you notice how I said "I hope" well, my hope was wrong. I can't get more up tonight. I'm sorry! More tomorrow though I promise!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh, you promise, do you? <stocking up on penguins>

I'll make you a deal, prawncracker. You post more story tomorrow, and I will, too.

...but if you don't... <continues stocking up on penguins>

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Somehow I missed the last chapter that was posted, but I just read it now. I have to agree with Lisa, Oscar and the Trash Heap was golden. It was the best new combination I've seen! I loved it! I also like Uncle Deadly's line about how "friends will change you" This is excellent, keep it coming.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 16: Saving The Last Dance

Kermit pushed his way to the dance floor. He was flooded with girls wanting to dance with him. Why did I have to make these girls so lovesick? He thought.

And then, it happened. Death struck, he knocked Kermit on his back with the handle of his scythe. "IT'S OVER FROG." He said.

Uncle Deadly pushed back the crowds watching in horror. "Don't hurt him Death." He told his master.

"I WILL DO WHAT IS NECESSARY." Death bellowed.

Kermit was trembling in fear. He backed away slowly. Death extended a bony hand in front of him, causing flames to surround the three of them. "IT'S NOT THAT EASY FROG." He chuckled. "THIS IS THE LAST STRAW."

No, I see one right there. Kermit wanted to say. But comedy escaped him. He was finished.

"Hey check out the cool flames!" Gonzo exclaimed.

"Come on Gonzo, we have to find Miss Piggy." Robin scolded him.

Traveling Matt looked at Robin. "Oh, you mean that large pink creature? Oh, she's over there by the punch bowl. But don't ask why it's called a punch bowl." He whispered to Grover while rubbing his nose.

"Why did you not tell us earlier?" Grover asked.

"Well, I thought we were just on an exploration mission!" Matt exclaimed.

"Come on!" Fozzie said. The five of them ran over to the punch table. Piggy was hunched over the table.

Gonzo put his hand on her shoulder. "Piggy?"

She turned suddenly, revealing a bowl of chips. Her mouth and hands were full. She swallowed loudly and threw the chips on the floor. "Oh, Fairy Godwhatever, what are vous doing here?"

"Huh? I'm Gonzo! Did you hit your head or something?" Gonzo asked. "And if you did, where can I? Ha ha!"

"Gonzo?" She asked. The others walked up next to him. "Fozzie, Grover, Matt, Robin? How...What...Who..." She stuttered.

"It is a long story." Grover said.

"Full of danger, suspense, and a catchy song and dance number!" Gonzo said.

"But we don't have time for that right now!" Fozzie told her. He grasped her arm. "Come on we have to go."

"Go? Where?" Piggy pulled her arm away. "I'm having a wonderful time. Now moi just has to find Kermie and everything will be fine!" She looked them over. "And you are all way under dressed."

"What?" Fozzie asked.

Gonzo pulled him aside. "She's caught up in her dream! What do we do now?"

"Well how am I supposed to know?" Fozzie asked. "It's not like we can just pick her up and carry her out of here!"

"That's it!" Gonzo cried. "Now all we need is some rubber cement, a bulldozer, and forty-three blue suede shoes!"

Fozzie looked at his watch. "We have 25 minutes before the show starts." He said.

Gonzo opened his mouth, but nothing came out. "Ok, never mind."

"Well Oscar, the frog works in mysterious ways." Marjorie told the grouch. "And, it makes one wonder, does the frog want to be missed?" She asked.

"Well of course he wants to be missed Marjorie!" Philo said.

"Yeah, have you gone out o' your gourd?" Gunge asked. "Who wouldn't want to be missed when they die?"

"I wouldn't." Oscar said. "Unless they all start crying, then it'd be worth it."

"What I'm saying is, that maybe the frog feels he shouldn't be missed, because he shouldn't be gone." Marjorie said. "Maybe, he longs to be back home with his friends and family, not in the spirit world where he cannot commune with them, only watch them enjoy life."

"They do that to much." Oscar whined.

"But now do you understand what I'm getting at?" The Trash Heap asked.

"Oh yes Madam Heap, I fully understand!" Oscar told her. "Thank you. That helped. I guess."

"Don't guess boy!" Marjorie said.
"You gotta know!" She began to sing.
"Oh yes, you gotta know!"

"Gotta know, gotta know, gotta know!" Philo and Gunge harmonized together.

"When life gets you runnin',
Run hard.
When life deals you nuttin',
Play another card.
But don't forget,"

"No no no," The rats sang.

"You gotta know!"

"Whoa whoa whoa!"

"You gotta know!
You gotta know what's goin' down.
You'll turn that frown upside down,
When you know!"

"Whoa whoa whoa!"

"When you know!"

"Whoa! Oh!"

"When you know!"

"Oh yes, when you know!!!" All three finished.

"So, Mr. the Grouch, tell me, what do you know now?" Marjorie asked.

Oscar waited a moment. "I know now, that you can't sing for sardines lady!"

"What? No life changing lesson? No revelation? Nothing?"

"Nope, nothing." Oscar said. "Thanks!" Oscar began to walk away.

"For what?" The Trash Heap asked.

"Nothing!" Oscar went back inside.

"Marjorie? Are you ok?" Philo asked.

"Yes boys, I'm fine, but, I did learn something today." She said.

"What's that?" Gunge asked.

"That Fraggles are alot easier than Grouches!"

Death hovered over the frog. "READY TO GO?" He asked.

Kermit gulped loudly. He stood up. "No, no I'm not." He said bravely.

"WHAT?"

"I'm not leaving. Not until I dance with Miss Piggy." Kermit stood up straight.

"YOU DARE DEFY ME?"

"I dared, and I did. Now, let me go!" Kermit protested.

"YOUR FUNNY." Death said. "BUT I'LL PUT AN END TO THAT." He raised his scythe and swung it down.

"No!" Uncle Deadly yelled.

But it was to late. Kermit had hopped over the scythe and over the circle of fire. "WHAT?!" Death cried.

Kermit ran. "Sorry Death, but you know, if I couldn't jump, I'd be gone like a grin, on your face!" Kermit smiled. He ran to the table.

"Kemie!" Piggy called.

The others turned around. The frog ran toward them. He stopped. Everyone stared. "Hi guys."

"Uncle Kermit!" Robin cheered. He ran to hug him.

Kermit accepted with open arms. He held Robin tight. But at the same time, he looked at the fire. It was gone. Death and Uncle Deadly walked over slowly.

Kermit put Robin down. "Guys, it's great to see you. But I need to dance with Piggy." He grasped her hand. "Watch Robin, and don't let Death stop us." He began to walk away. "Please." He begged.

They ran off to the middle of the dance floor. Kermit pointed his hand at the band. They instantly began playing a slower song.

"Hey man what happened?" Floyd asked.

"Just go with the flow Floyd." Dr. Teeth said. "Go with the flow."

"FLOW! FLOW!" Animal chanted.

Kermit held Piggy tight. Piggy held back. "Oh Kermie." Piggy rested her head on his shoulder.

"Piggy, I want you to know, no matter what happens after this, that I'll always love you." Kermit told her.

"Oh Kermit, I'll always love you too." She kissed him lightly.

"Piggy?" Kermit asked her.

"Yes frog of my heart?" She asked.

"This is our song." He said. In the background, The Rainbow Connection blew through the air.

Why are there so many songs about rainbows?
And what's on the other side.
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it,
I know they're wrong wait and see.
Someday we'll find it the Rainbow Connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Death and Uncle Deadly strolled toward the couple. "THIS SHOULD BE NO THREAT AT ALL." Death said.

Gonzo jumped out in front of them. "Haki saki!" He cried. He positioned himself into a karate pose. "If you want to get to Miss Piggy and Kermit, you'll have to get through me!"

Fozzie walked up. "And if you want to get through Gonzo, you'll have to get through me!"

"And if you are wanting to go through Fozzie and Gonzo, you will have to get through me, Su-per Grover!"

"And if you want to go through Fozzie, Gonzo, and Super Grover, you'll have to...What a lovely walking stick you have."

"PATHETIC." Death said lightly. "SIMPLY PATHETIC." He pushed them all aside without touching them. They all landed on their backs.

"Boss not so hard." Uncle Deadly protested.

"QUIET DEADLY. YOU'RE IN ENOUGH TROUBLE AS IT IS." Death scolded him. "I'M MISSING TEA TIME WITH WAR FOR THIS."

Uncle Deadly couldn't, and wouldn't take it anymore. He jumped in front of his boss. "Sorry Death, but if you want to get to the frog and the pig, you'll have to get through me!"

Who said that every wish
Would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning stars?
Somebody thought of that,
And someone believed it.
Look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us star gazing?
And what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection.
The lovers, the dreamers, and me!

Bunsen wiped is eye. "Oh Beakie it's beautiful isn't it?"

"Mee, mee mer, mo, mee meepy mee moo moopy!" Beaker said.

"What? Oh no, not the fact that Miss Piggy and Kermit are back together, the fact that one of my inventions is actually working, and it's not inflicting pain on you!" Bunsen cheered.

"Mee me!" Beaker agreed.

Scooter walked in. "Five seconds to curtain guys!" He looked at the projection. "They're ok! But they're still not back? How are we gonna do the show without them?" Scooter asked.

"Improvise Scoot, improvise!" Dr. Teeth walked by. "For instance, that Bert fella sounds alot like Fozzie..."

All of us under it's spell,
We know that it's probably magic.

Have you been half asleep?
And have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name?
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one in the same!

Kermit and Piggy danced without paying any attention to the distractions taking place no more than five feet away from them. They were lost. Lost in each other's love.

I've heard it to many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm s'posed to be.

Robin watched Uncle Deadly. He stood up to Death. Robin realized what he needed to do. He walked toward the phantom.

Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection.
The lovers, dreamers, and me.

Rowlf stood backstage with Scooter and Clifford. "Ready guys?"

"Yeah man, let's do it." Clifford nodded.

"Ok, cue the intro!" Scooter called into his ear piece.

"Piggy's our intro!" Clifford said.

"Ok, um...Big Bird! Go introduce the first act!" Scooter told him.

"Robin and I are the next act!" Rowlf said.

"Oh boy..." Scooter sighed.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Dang it, you beat me to the post! Alright then. Order of events: I finish my homework, I type and post my next chapter of Swamp Call, I come back here and tell you how wonderful this chapter is. It would be the reverse order, but I'm already in semi-trouble for being on Muppet Central before even starting my homework. <shrug> But I have read this lovely chapter, and I'm already holding my breath for the next one, which is a real shame, cause I have a feeling you'll refuse to post until I do, and that's a long time to go without breathing...