Fan Fiction: Muppet Beach Party

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Chapter 12- Wipeout

Well folks, looks like we have finally reached the end of the party but before I post the last chapter, I want to thank everyone that has been reading and posting feedback. This definitely has to be my longest fan fic yet and I loved writing it even though it took a while. I hope you all enjoyed my take on the Muppet Beach Party album and if you haven't listened to it yet, head on over to the MUP 3's thread and asked for the tracks and I'm sure some wonderful Muppet music collectors will help you out.

Without further ado, here is the last chapter of Muppet Beach Party, Wipeout. I based this chapter on both the track of the album and the music video they released to help advertise the album. You can check it out at youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj4LoE-ja24

Enjoy the last chapter everyone! Surf's UP!

Chapter 12- Wipeout
After the long and chaotic process of getting everything and everybody back into the van, the Muppets said goodbye to Frank the now not-so-fully-wooly-bully, the singing clams, and the native surf rats and were on their way back to the boarding house. All of the frog scouts were sacked out on various Muppets’ laps after dancing and log-racing all morning and Clifford was longingly staring out one of windows at his mystery girl, who dragged him by his dreds back to the rest of the Muppets so she could run in peace. Camilla and Gonzo were engaged in a deep conversation about going back to the beach and opening up their own Sugar Shack someday and Rizzo was listening in, thinking about all the free cappuccinos and desserts he would get from his friend’s new business. Fozzie was trying to write down all of the new beach jokes he came up while trying to drive at the same time. Miss Piggy was holding a sleeping Robin in her lap while she herself was resting on Kermit’s shoulder. He smiled while watching two of the greatest people in his life and gently wrapped his arm around the top of Piggy’s shoulders as she slept.

“Gee, this is one of the quietest, most peaceful rides back home we’ve ever had” said Kermit.

“Like totally” said Janice as she looked around the van. “Uh Floyd honey, where’s Animal?” she asked her favorite sergeant.

“Isn’t he chained in the back, mamma?” asked Floyd. “I sent him back to the beach to carry back some of the band equipment and the surfboard that was left behind. I could of sworn that he jumped in the van before we took off....” (or more like swore loudly because he didn’t, thought Floyd as he realized that he forgot about his drummer buddy and they left without him).

“Oh boy, well we better turn around and go get him” said Kermit as he rolled his eyes...I knew there was something wrong when it was such a peaceful drive, he thought. “Better turn around, Fozzie” said Kermit.

“Gotcha” said Fozzie as he made a rather risky U-turn and headed back for the beach....

Meanwhile, Animal was sitting on the beach and thinking, because he completely forgot what he was supposed to do. He looked around and saw his drum set, Janice’s guitar and Clifford’s tambourines. He looked out on the waves and saw some surfer man fall off his board and land hard into the water. Animal quickly realized what he was supposed to do...

“AH WIPEOUT!” growled Animal as he went to his drum set and start beating out one of the most famous and widely known drum beats in the world. As he was getting into the beat, he shouted “WIPEOUT” again, which caught the attention of two lobsters and an octopus as they were swimming close to shore. They quickly popped their heads out of the water to see where the “universal rhythm of surfing” was coming from and saw animal on the shore drumming the famous beat. They saw the guitar and tambourines laying on the beach close to the water and quickly got an idea. They swam to the shore, grabbed the instruments and manage to start playing right on cue.

While the Octopus was grooving on Janice’s guitar, the lobsters were pounding out the back beat on Clifford’s tambourines. Animal could hear the sea creatures rocking along underneath the water and gave his “AHHH” of approval while keeping the drum beat going. What Animal did not know was that Floyd’s surfboard was underneath Animal’s drum set and because the tide was coming in closer and closer to where Animal was playing, the waves caught up to the surfboard and quickly washed Animal and his drum set out onto the water. If Animal noticed his new predicament, nobody could tell because he was still drumming away and yelled “WIPEOUT” as another surfer bit the dust, or I guess the water in this particular case. As Animal kept floating out on the water closer and closer to the waves, the octopus and the lobsters finished the first “verse” of the song, cuing Animal’s drum solo...

Animal never missed a beat and started the drum solo while keeping the set and himself balanced on the board. “WIPEOUT WIPEOUT WIPEOUT!” he shouted as he kept the solo going while surrounded by surfer after surfer riding the waves as he was jamming on the water. The octopus strummed the guitar with his tentacles after every phrase of the solo, glad that someone wasn’t trying to play “Octopus’ Garden” again.

“wipe.....OUT!” yelled Animal as a surfer lost his balance while staring at Animal and plunged head-first into the water. The octopus strummed the guitar three more times in rhythm with Animal’s solo. Animal got tired of seeing no one else wipeout on the waves so he loudly shouted “WIPEOUT WIPEOUT” as he finished the solo with his feet and the mini underwater beach band started the instrumental part again.

Animal decided to check out these new band members and fell into the water as a huge wave completely loomed over his surfboard and drums. He saw the octopus rocking out on the guitar and three lobsters keeping the beat with tambourines. He smiled at his new jam-mates while they were completely nailing the song, but quickly looked behind him to find a shark with his mouth wide open in anticipation of his newly-found meal. Animal quickly swam away, followed closely by the shark. The octopus and the lobsters watched them swim by, but quickly re-focused on the song and kept rocking out.

The shark lost Animal, so he quickly popped his head to the surface to see where he went. Animal quickly popped his head out of the water and went on the offensive as he shouted “WIPEOOOOOOOOOOOOOUT!” at the shark and went after him. The shark thought that maybe this wasn’t his next meal after all and quickly tried to swim away from Animal. After losing interest in the shark, Animal used the next big wave to push him towards the surfboard and his drums. He managed to leap onto his stool and start the drum solo in the nick of time.

As he was playing the solo he would steer the surfboard to get closer to other surfers. Once he got close to a surfer with “Joe” tattooed on his arm, Animal yelled “WIPEOUT”, which caused surfer Joe to follow the song and biff it into the ocean. Animal quickly steered really close to another surfer, reached up and growled “WIPEOUT” even louder into their ear, which scared the surfer so bad he hopped right off his surfboard and into the oncoming wave. Happy at his success, Animal shouted “WIPEOUT!” at the top of his lungs, and any surfer in the near vicinity either fell off their boards or almost fell off while trying to regain their balance. As Animal was close to finishing the current round of the drum solo, he caught the next wave and was “hanging ten” with the best of them while he was shouting “WIPEOUT” in pure beach rocker glory.

The octopus started really rocking out under the waves, playing a guitar solo even Janice would be impressed at. As the octopus was finishing the guitar solo, Animal did a huge loop-de-loop around a large spiraling wave and shouted “WIPEOOOOOOUUUUUUT” as he was coming out of the wave tunnel. His roar was so loud coming out the wave tunnel that any surfer nearby who was balanced on their board lost control and crashed into the waves. Animal’s new underwater band cued him into the drum solo once again.

Animal started pounding away the speedy, rhythmic drum solo and growled, “AHH” in exhaustion and excitement of keeping the steady beat. His arms were aching, but the beat must go on... (I know, I had to do it!). He yelled again in exhaustion but kept the pace. He felt himself starting to slow down so he yelled out loud to himself to try to keep the pace, “UH AH UH AH”. The Octopus kept strumming the guitar after every phrase to help Animal keep on beat. “UH AH AIIIIYA.....IYA.....WIPEOUT!” yelled Animal as he pounded out the last quick beats to the drum solo, cuing the lobsters and the octopus below to play the instrumental chorus one last time. The lobsters were dancing in the water while beating out a syncopated back beat on their tambourines. Animal and his drum set rode the waves to shore as the octopus and lobsters were playing the last beats of the song. Glad that the song was almost over, and that he successfully caused every surfer to wipeout on the waves, Animal yelled “WIPEOUT” victoriously as he gently landed on the shore.

The octopus and the lobsters played the final beats of Wipeout as Animal was jumping up and down on the beach yelling “WIPEOUT, WIPEOUT, WIPEOUT, WIPEOUT!” The lobsters stopped shaking their tambourines and the octopus strummed the last beat of the song. Animal shouted out one last “WIPEOUT” before he realized that the song ended. Seeing that the music stopped and that he was completely exhausted, Animal calmly said, “Bye-Bye” and passed out on the beach.

A few minutes later the rest of the Muppet gang finally reached the beach again and found Animal zonked out snoring on the beach next to his drum set (that was sitting on Floyd’s surfboard) and the other band equipment. They picked everything up, poured the water out of the other instruments, wondering how the water got in there in the first place, and loaded everything, and finally everyone into the van and once again left the beach. Looks like it was going to be a quiet and peaceful ride back after all.....

THE END!

That’s the end of the party folks! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I loved writing it! Now back to nagging other people to update their fics for a while why I try to keep up with this whole law school thing and come up with my next fan fic idea! Surf’s up dudes!

p.s. Count, if you could post this on the Fanfic library index when you can, I would appreciate it. You're the best! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Bump... Since MCR's been playing the songs from this release, thought the accompanying fic should be brought back to the top as well.

Have a great summer guys. :dreamy:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Aww thanks for the bump Count! I hope everyone likes this fic; I had a blast writing it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw... You forgot about my personal faves, :sigh: which I campaigned for and :dreamy:.
This was agreat fic Ms. Ari, all it was missing was :fishy: and his boomerang fish.
Maybe :smile:'ll promise he can be in the next one?

Having fun with smilies. J/K

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Aw... You forgot about my personal faves, :sigh: which I campaigned for and :dreamy:.
This was agreat fic Ms. Ari, all it was missing was :fishy: and his boomerang fish.
Maybe :smile:'ll promise he can be in the next one?

Having fun with smilies. J/K
Aww thanks Count! I'm glad you enjoyed the fic. I do love those other new smilies that I forgot to include; although Mokey kind of looks more confused to me instead of dreaming, but oh well.

ElectricMayhem1

Reaction score
love the Floyd and Janice stuff :sing::flirt: but i wish someone can make a movie out of this it's awesome

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Multitudinous thanks to Count for bumping this story--you guys know I'm in and out a LOT and can easily miss things, and I missed this one when it was going. Boy, am I sorry! I enjoyed this like I enjoyed listening to Kermit Unpigged--you're not really watching it happen, but you feel like you're watching it happen. Thank you, Ari, for putting together a sensory delight! I am a happy reader one summer too late!

And I missed the whole conversation about ush-gush! AHHHH! But luckily, others gave a pretty good explanation. My favorites real-life examples:

*Kermit and Piggy having a romantic dinner in TMM--you can tell that the lines beween acting and feeling have definitely blurred for them.

*In TGMC when, after their argument, Kermit is sweet to Piggy...no...no--I want to go back further than that in that movie. I think the ush-gush started when Kermit complained about her dancing partner--he sounds distinctly disgruntled about it and her surprise and delight are so genuine! Then, his little growl of frustration--yep. He's jealous. Grumpy and jealous--definite symptoms of ush-gush.

*In the Avery Schreiber episode of TMS when Kermit insists that Piggy is his girl and that he is taking her out after the show. Gotta love that jealous frog!

*And, my all-time favorite is the montage of scenes from "Never Before." Say what you will, but nobody ever said that those were Piggy's fantasies. The scene where they disappear from view and then an uncertain and befuddled Kermit reappears--only to be drawn back in--that's got to be the ushiest, gushiest scene of all. *sigh*

Congrats, Ari, on a fun story! (Now--if I just had the ALBUM to listen to!)