Fan Mail

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppetfreak
Don't make fun of me but do they have picture to autograph of themselves? I am interested in the people themselves...
I'm not sure if they have any. I just know that I got pictures of the characters autographed (by both the performer and the character. However, I have my doubts about the characters. I mean Gonzo can't even pick up a phone on his own, so how can he pick up a pen and write so well? Hmmmmm)... :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
I'm not sure if they have any. I just know that I got pictures of the characters autographed (by both the performer and the character. However, I have my doubts about the characters. I mean Gonzo can't even pick up a phone on his own, so how can he pick up a pen and write so well? Hmmmmm)... :smile:
A lot of times we get so into being a fan when we talk about a character we think of the performer. But the fact remains, unlike Disney or Looney Tunes or whatever you can *actually* meet the Muppets. I know Kevin Clash has brought Elmo with him to several meet and greet things. I myself got to meet the real Sweetums. When I say 'real' there is the real Sweetums(John Henson) and then there is a cheap Sweetums suit with some teen in it at MV3D.

But back to the question...I have seen autographs where it is just the Muppet's autograph(this effect is usually done with a performer's left hand, as in the Johnny and Sal autographs) I have a Pepe autograph signed by Bill Baretta and Pepe.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

Its not usually done in left hand.

Its just Sal is a Monkey, And to figure out what a Monkey would write like Brian used his left hand.

How would you get such nice signatures like Piggies, Fozzies, Gonzos, Kermits and Animals with a left hand ?

See ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
A few things..

Do they REALLY give you a picture... now? I want to know if they have Janice, Scooter, or Dr. Teeth.

Secondly.. do they charge you?

Thirdly, are the Muppeteers trained to sign autographs like the character (i.e Animal's would be splatterry, or Piggy's would be flowerey?) I'm working on signing autographs like some of my characters (Mighty for example, signs very fun). Or do they sign it of whatever performer plays that character.

Personally, I'd LOVE to meet a Muppet in person. I'd probably be shy, like I was when I saw Joespeh Barbara, Rob Paulsen, and Maurice LaMarche in person (the latter two I have actually met. The former was such a giant in the cartoon industry.. I was so scared. I'd think he'd've sicked Hong Kong Phooey or Captain Caveman on me..)

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Do they REALLY give you a picture... now? I want to know if they have Janice, Scooter, or Dr. Teeth.
Yeah, you do get a picture. It depends on who they have. Last year I wrote asking for a picture of Scooter, and I got one (now it's proudly hanging on my wall).

Secondly.. do they charge you?
I don't *think* so. Like I said, I wrote a letter, and they sent me a picture.

Thirdly, are the Muppeteers trained to sign autographs like the character... Or do they sign it of whatever performer plays that character.
I have no idea. I just asked for a picture and they sent it (no autograph). However, I did write to Dave Goelz ( :wink: ), and I got back a picture of Gonzo signed by Dave and Gozno (Gonzo is signed as "The Great Gonzo" and ther are lots of stars and spirals. It's cool!). So I don't really have a clue.

Personally, I'd LOVE to meet a Muppet in person. I'd probably be shy, like I was when I saw Joespeh Barbara, Rob Paulsen, and Maurice LaMarche in person
You've actually met Rob Paulsen and Moe LaMarche? How awesome! I've never had the chance to meet them (I've just written goofy little fan letters to them), but wow. That would be awesome!

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Cory,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Its not usually done in left hand.

Its just Sal is a Monkey, And to figure out what a Monkey would write like Brian used his left hand.

How would you get such nice signatures like Piggies, Fozzies, Gonzos, Kermits and Animals with a left hand ?
Good point! Maybe that was just Sal's...as my Pepe's autograpoh looks pretty spiffy!

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Origanally Posted by Muppetfreak:
Don't make fun of me but do they have picture to autograph of themselves? I am interested in the people themselves...

Yes, I have a Black and White autographed Picture of Brian Henson. I write to them constantly, and have quite a collection of photo's! My favorite is Miss Piggy! It says: Kissy Kissy to Jake Love, Miss Piggy. Go ahead and write away everyone! I just got one of The electric Mayhem a few weeks ago. I don't want you guys to think I'm bragging, so write to them yourselves! Or you can e-mail them at: Fanmail@henson.com.

Jake

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik

You've actually met Rob Paulsen and Moe LaMarche? How awesome! I've never had the chance to meet them (I've just written goofy little fan letters to them), but wow. That would be awesome!
Well, I technically met them. Back when there WAS a Warner Brothers Store, they were at the Predential Centerr in Boston. There was a big advertisement in the paper that said "Meet Pinky and the Brain." I did not know they were actually there! I heard Pinky and Brain's voices, but I thought it was a clip on the Television! But Rob and Mo were there. They basically were signing autographs and doing voices. I stood in line for lord only knows, I got their auto grpahs on a little post card. I was going to ask them questions and I froze! However, one guy had the Variety Pak CD to sign, and Rob started to break out into Song, Variety Speak, to be exact. Rob even did Yakko's voice for my sister. And I had AL these questions to ask too.

Mom lost the (*&^* postcard!!!

My Cousin used to have an autograph of Rob, his grandma gave it to him. It was signed on a Ninja Turtles picture.

BTW, if you E-mail them, will they give you a picture?

EmmyMik

Reaction score
A few years back I wrote (by "snail mail") to both Rob and Moe from the addresses I found at Voice Chasers.

A few years back I met Nancy Cartwright (she's from Dayton, and she came back to Dayton to do a book signing for her book). I must have waited HOURS (but I enjoyed it all), and I finally got a chance to meet her. All night she had done her voices from the Simpsons, but when I got my chance to meet her I asked her to do Mindy from Animaniacs. She did, and I was the happiest little geek...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
As of a year ago, they didn't have any Janice. :frown: :mad:

I wrote Henson in regards to Mokey and Janice, and I got a nice glossy of the fraggle five, but they said they didn't have any pictures of Janice---c'mon, ya gotta at least have one EM pic somewhere!