1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan Mail

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Muppetfreak, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I just E-mailed them.. doubt they'll answer it though!

Emmy- You got to meet the Voice of BART SIMPSON!!! Cool! I remember that at the Coolidge Corner theater in Brookline Mass, Harry Shearer was there to discuss his new movie, and to present This Is Spinal tap. unfortunatewly, I had a class I could not skip that night, and I missed him! Drat!

I have alwasy wanted to meet Jim Cummings, however!
  2. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

It was an amazing experience! I must have waited like 3 or 4 hours, but it was worth it.

She actually came to town over the summer, but I had to work, so I couldn't go.
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I think in the MC website there are addresses to write to the performers for fan mail. There's also a fanmail@henson.com email address to write to, as well. I don't know if emails get answered or not.

When you write off for pictures, it's good to enclose a postage paid 9x11"envelope, too.

And they appreciate legible hand written letters. Much more personal than typed computer generated stuff.

Later,
    FOZ
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

They told me yesterday or the day before that they have NO Janice or Beauregard. They are, they say, out of stock.

I have now asked for the Chef or who was it. I have forgotton, somone I liked. Oh dear.

Well, I havn't got a reply yet, but I know you can get these by writing to fanmail@henson.com with your mailing address and request.

Beauregard
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I asked for an autographed photo of The Swedish Chef, but to no avail. None are available.

FOZ
  6. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

I have spoken to Jim Cummings. I used to run a huge fan site of his. It has since fallen to rack and ruin but I will put it back up when I have time. I am a HUGE!!!!!!! fan of his.

Voice over actors I could talk about all day.

I would love to meet Rob Paulson like non other!

Hillary
  7. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Where can we find the addresses? and EmmyMik, you said you wrote to David Goelz specifically? Are there different addresses for different people? I wrote to the Jim Henson Co. about 5 years ago for a school project and got some cool pictures back but I have no idea where I put the address. I'm so excited to write again though! :D
  8. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

I've actually written to Dave Goelz a couple of times. Each time I used the Fan Mail address (found somewhere 'round these parts). I addressed it as:

Dave Goelz
    c/o The Jim Henson Company Fan Mail
    blah, blah, blah

(the "blah"s were the address that I can't remember)...
  9. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Awesome:) Thank you!
  10. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Just to update things a bit (somewhat)...

A few weeks ago I wrote to the JHC fan mail address asking for pictures (I can't remember of which characters though). This weekend (I have no idea which day I got mail. My family is horrible at giving me my mail when I have to work) I got pictures of the Fraggles (it's a nifty black and white picture) and Bunsen and Beaker. And now I need to find some wall space for these pictures...
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hey, I havn't got any pictures yet!!! I have written though.
  12. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

It takes a while Bo. Maybee around 3-4 weeks????? I never really count, but it is around that.

Jake
  13. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

*falls over dead* well if it was Tress Rob and Jess i WOULD have died! Ecspecially tress, she sang with weird al, my third obsession. i am so jealous.......ooh
  14. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

man you people have met awesome people, the only person i've met was the guy who invented Peanut Butter Slices, and the guy that made that foam rubber junk at the bottom of playgrounds at Mcdonalds....wow isn't that exciting...I do have Dick Van Dyke's autograph, and Shannon Miller, my brother met her...
    My mother also has Ray Romano's autograph

in 7 grade we wrote fan letters for a grade. I think that is an awesome idea. my teacher had three notebooks full of autographs. it was pretty neat...i was going to write to Eric Stuart cause he does a lot of cartoon voices, but i never did....i should try to get a pepe autograph for my best friend for her birthday, she would just die! do they have pepe pictures??? it would be cool if bill baretta signed it too.....does anyone know if they have one?

Sarah
  15. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

sweetness! henson writes back and gives you pictures of the muppets.....i'm going to have to try that!

ryan
  16. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

Do they mail you autographs if you send in email? (Considers doing fanmail while at work.....)

;-) Hill
  17. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

MuppetFreak,
    Yes, You can write to them with e-mail. Fanmail@henson.com.

You get your pictures quicker if you do! Be sure to give them your address, I have forgotten many times!

Jake
  18. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

Sweet! If it is a slow news day, that is so what I am doing!

Hill
  19. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

OK, New question:

What does a girl have to do if she wants to contact Karen Prell?

Hill

PS: I sent letters to Frank, Dave, and Steve today... I really hope they send me pics back! I would be so HAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPYYYYYY!!!
  20. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

you don't do anything more personal???

on the address what do u put in the subject? the person???