1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan Mail

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Muppetfreak, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

Well, you could add more. I always say stuff like "I am really excited about the new muppet figures". I just gave a short stupid example. You can say whatever you want! Well, except for "I think The Muppets are really dumb!" For the address just put: The Jim Henson Company. I do this all the time and they pretty much always repond. Good Luck!

Jake
  2. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

ok i think i might get up the nerve!
  3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

ok I DID IT! after i started the words just flowed! i basically said I love them all and I just want a picture of anyone of them to hang in my room (though i did say Pepe would be awesome HINT HINT)

haha

Sarah
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Poor Henson is suddenly going to find that it has completly run out of money if every thousand members of this board write asking for pics!!!
  5. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

Didn't they already run out of money? ;-)

Besides, if they are anything like Sesame Workshop, an intern probably writes them out anyway....
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I was joking. OK!!!
  7. Movies205

Movies205 New Member

I sent a letter to Brian henson, I'll have to wait and see if I get a response...
  8. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

*screams* i just got my picture! it was of Pepe! and sooo awesome! they sent me an apology for not having the chance to get Bill Baretta's autograph. that is REALLY nice of them! they connecy to the fans

of course it was probably a form letter, but they made the effort:D

Sarah
  9. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Bill's probably in hiding, lol.

**still waiting**

:D
  10. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

it's fans like us that make him hide...we should feel bad...........naw!

Sarah (who is hugging her new photograph!)
  11. camilla

camilla New Member

I've just been reading this and i'd lve a gonzo autographed photo or Animal or anyone. Do oyu know if they post overseas as i'm in the Uk?

Camilla
  12. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

it can't hurt to try! or maybe if you had a friend in the states...

Sarah
  13. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I got Frank Oz's autograph a while ago. Also Robin Williams. And a hand-written letter from Carroll Spinney. For some reason, the autographs (although, this DOES NOT APPLY to Carroll Spinney. He hand-wrote it!) unless you meet the puppeteer in person (or actor) it doesn't seem as special. Oh, well.

When you write for autographs, address it (whether by snail mail or e-mail) to the Puppeteer. If you're desperate, write the Muppet.

I also recieved photos (not autographed) of Johnny and Sal, one of Bobo, one of Benjamina Gunn, and a group photo from Muppets Tonight. That was pretty cool.
  14. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

I just sent some letters out last monday so I'll be waiting (probably not very patiently) for the responses!
  15. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

hmm

i sent mine through e-mail and i don't think it has even been a week and a half!!! i was SOOO happy when mom told me i got something from new york in the mail, i tried to act surprised, but the picture is so awesome, I couldn't help but let a squeal!

Sarah
  16. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

That's cool :) Maybe I will switch to e-mail if the results come so much quicker! Did you write to someone individually or just to the JHC in general when you emailed?
  17. *sigh*

I just wish I could hear back from Kathy... :( I wrote her in November of 2001, but have yet to hear anything back (same goes for Jackie, who wrote Steve the exact same month---as we found out later---we didn't even know each other back then! Lol!)...

But now with her overseas, I RULLY doubt the first thing on her mind is, "Oh yeah, I need to write that 'Byron' guy back... :) "...

*holds out hope*

I wonder iffin' I should email that "Fanmail" addy Jake posted here and ask 'em the best way to get in touch with Kathy?

:confused:
  18. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

no i made it really general it was something like love the projects that came out within the last year this is the great year the muppets have had in a while(etc...etc...) then I asked if i could have an signed picture of pepe. i then said it would be neat if Bill Baretta signed it too...

i think that's about all....i might send off for a piggy one next!!!

Sarah
  19. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Mail does get lost. Try writing her again. Maybe she'll respond.

Did you write via e-mail? I've never done that. Think I will. I would love to get an autographed photo of Scooter...

Oh, yeah.

:(
  20. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

ooh that would be neat to have, too...decisions decisions....