Fan Mail

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
wow, the performers stop by every so often to see that people on here have to say...aren't you all glad your a member here..i know i am....

ryan

Luke

Reaction score
LOL ! No wonder the company doesn't have any money nowdays ! :rolleyes:

Seriously, i've bothered to read this thread back and it kinda worries me how impersonal you're all making this sound. The Henson Company isn't some free picture service - they are doing it out of appreciation for their fans. Obviously you can do what you like, but i'm sure the guys would appreciate your mail more if you addressed it to the individual perfomers and said something relavant to them. Snail Mail and handwritten letters are always going to be more welcomed than generic emails and will i'm sure get better results. It's a privledge to be able to contact the performers, not a right so it's always good to write to the muppeteers for your favorite characters first.

Oh and Frank Oz autograph collectors beware - 9 times out of 10 through the mail, the autographs he sends are pre-prints and not personally signed. He's busy a lot - usually if you have a signed picture of him in a leather bomber jacket it's not real, but there have been exceptions.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Do you have a problem with us writing to Henson?

Jake

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir Didymus
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Do you have a problem with us writing to Henson?
Nope, what i'm saying is it's FAN MAIL - not a free picture service. You're supposed to be writing to these people because you're a fan and appreciate their work. It's always good to say something specific to the character or performer, and writing a nice letter will always get treated better than a quick email which are considered impersonal. The performers are more likely to read letters sent in and keep them filed so adding a personal touch will probably get you better results. I work in TV myself and know performers will always go the extra mile if it's obvious someone has put a lot of thought into writing - which probably explains why Scooter for example got a hand written letter from Carol Spinney !

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Your right Luke. Sorry If I sounded rude, I didn't quite get what you were saying, but I understand now. Fan Mail is a better Idea, But I never really sent a letter to a Muppeteer personally. I always ask for something. I feel really bad know. I think I'll go hide in my cave.

Jake

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by foofoocakes
Wouldn't it be neat if we could have a real time chat with a few of the muppet proformers. Sort of an internet muppet fest? It would be great to be able to ask questions. I bet they have great stories.
Indeed, it would be cool. If there was ever a *new*(ahem) JHC fan site that would definately be a possibility:wink: It was really neat being able to chat with Jerry, and other performers who were working on(or actually just wrapped up work) MFS in the fall of 1998 on MC's chat. Also, Gonzo in 2000 I think(or 2001?) had this live webcast chat with fans...itd be neat if they did more things like that.

Originally posted by Super Scooter
named "Tweedle Bug" (or something like that). I looked in his/her profile and it says "old muppeteer". Who is this?

I was thinking maybe (that's a big maybe) it was Dave Goelz, because he's always on here, but, I don't know.

Any idea?
I understand the fascination with trying to figure out who on MC or elsewhere is connected with JHC in some fashion. While sadly for various reasons non freelance Muppeteers and JHC personal cant post on here(one thing, theyd get bombarded with "OMG I CANT BELIEVE ITS YOU OMG!!!" unrestrained fans either posting in a thread or baraging em with emails...very un tact. )
However, even with MC forum's less than stellar online activity status, you folks would be surprised who has popped in to say hi or lurk:wink:

Originally posted by Luke
Nope, what i'm saying is it's FAN MAIL - not a free picture service. You're supposed to be writing to these people because you're a fan and appreciate their work.
Luke is absolutely right. I really hope it doesnt get to a point where people are just arbitralily emailing JHC for autographs. Show youre appreciation by writing a short yet heartfelt SNAIL MAIL(you know, those fandangled things you put into a mail box...maybe even use a Big Bird stamp, LOL) Sending an email just shows apathy. I mean what did people do before the convienence of the internet? If JHC gets baraged by people just hording em for auto's, they might discontinue that luxury.

So what did we learn here folks? If youre going to request an autograph, make sure its in a snail letter hand written SASE letter, make sure its for your fave performer(dont go asking for everyones auto)...and for the love of muffins please dont try to pull back the theatre curtain on 'mysterious' posters. You just might scare em away, and then MC would really be in the dark.

...as it is, we need a 10,000 gigawatt halogen flood light to see around here^_^

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
and for the love of muffins please dont try to pull back the theatre curtain on 'mysterious' posters. You just might scare em away, and then MC would really be in the dark.
Besides, they're cooler when they're all mysterious and cryptic.

I mean they can say things like, "Some of the merchandise won't be flammable" and that would be cool and awe-inspiring. While if I were to say it or make it up (which I did), it just sounds stupid.

:big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
You mayh have made it up, but dosn't it sound so true?

Some of the Merchandise, cut that dow a bit the Merchandise which bit of it could they have been talking about? Some, they could mean anything, though not the polystine I shouldn't think. May be flamable. It could posably catch on fire.

Just think if they had sia, (Or Emmy had said) The Ploystone busts may catch on fire. It wouldn't be the same a t all would it?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Maybe it's... her! The other her! I don't remember her name! Her! Not her, her! The other her from the Muppet Show! HER! Who's her??? Grrrrrrrrrrr!
I remember! I remember who I thought it was!!!!!!! Kathy Mullen! You know, the british left-handed one! (if you've ever read Of Muppets And Men... she was cute!)

Maybe it's her!

Nope, what i'm saying is it's FAN MAIL - not a free picture service. You're supposed to be writing to these people because you're a fan and appreciate their work. It's always good to say something specific to the character or performer, and writing a nice letter will always get treated better than a quick email which are considered impersonal. The performers are more likely to read letters sent in and keep them filed so adding a personal touch will probably get you better results. I work in TV myself and know performers will always go the extra mile if it's obvious someone has put a lot of thought into writing - which probably explains why Scooter for example got a hand written letter from Carol Spinney !
I never thought of it like that. I wouldn't say I put ALOT of thought into it, but I did express my love of puppetry. (My letter was more of a business letter, but I did get that across) Hmm. I guess I did put alot of thought into it.

Of course, Foz and I could prove you wrong! Snoopy put a lot of thought into his letter, and he recieved a form letter! :big_grin:

Heheheheheheheehhehehe!

You think it's Kathy Mullen?