1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan Mail

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Muppetfreak, Nov 20, 2002.

1. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

How long did it take to recive a response?
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Wait, is that the letter you were waiting for when you e-mailed me?
  3. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Er, no, Beauregard. That was a different letter. But, thanks for reminding me! I gotta check my old e-mail!

Well, he was on an extended trip to... I think he said Europe, so it took several months before he even saw it! But, normally, I'd say it takes a month or two.
  4. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

hmm i've thought of writing bill and dave...but i'm really lazy.....and that isn't going to get me anywhere!

Sarah

well my little bro wrote dave...i'll just have to see how long it takes!
  5. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

I finally got up my courage and wrote Brian Henson about a month ago. I got a letter last Friday from his secretary (I'm assuming) saying he was too busy to respond to the questions I asked. At least I know the letter got read, because I mentioned my website (thinking he might want to look at it), and the letter-writer said he wished me luck on it.

-Kim
  6. teebs

teebs New Member

Has anyone written to Jerry Nelson?
  7. MuppetFan123

MuppetFan123 Member

I personally didnt write him yet, but one of the autograph sites I go to, had the following info about Jerry Nelson:

Sent: 3/20/2003, Rcvd: 4/14/2003
    Tester's comment: "Jerry sent a picture of The Count singed to me. Thanks! You can count on the Count!"

Hope this helps ya out

Michael
  8. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Jerry Nelson is such a groovy guy!!

I wrote him once and he sent me a self-portrait photograph he took of himself in a mirror (there was a Floyd plate someone had made for him I suppose) and sent me the nicest letter. His grocery list was on the back of the letter!! That was TOO COOL!!

I love Mr. Nelson, as much as everyone else out there at JHC!! He's the hippest and grooviest of the performers because, if you think about it, he has an amazing range of vocals, for talking and singing, and I've always been awestruck by his performance.

FOZ
  9. teebs

teebs New Member

LOL! That's great! :D

I totally agree. Jerry is my favorite by far.
  10. Fozzie Bear

What is SO cool is that every one of the Muppet performers are so meek and humble that they will thank you for being a big fan of theirs for whatever purpose, but they will tell you, as has been told to me, "It's a joint effort, without the team there is no me."

I have different reasons for loving them all and being a fan of the performers as much as the characters.

At MuppetFest they all seemed genuinely surprised that we all were that excited to meet them all.
  11. MuppetFan123

MuppetFan123 Member

Received another Muppet Success today !!

Just received back my 3 photos I sent to Frank Oz.

The photos were inscribed and signed with each characters name.

Michael
  12. Fozzie Bear

What were the 3 photos of?
  13. MuppetFan123

MuppetFan123 Member

I sent him a photo of Bert and Sam the Eagle and a picture of Miss Piggy that I took at Christmas time from the Macy's window display. Its a picture of her on the stage.

I even got a letter back from him that the paint pen I sent him for the Miss Piggy photo was faulty :o

Never again will I buy my pens at Staples :D

Michael
  14. Fozzie Bear

Mucho Coolio!!!
  15. MuppetFan123

MuppetFan123 Member

Here's a question for ya all....

What is the usual turn around in response to a fan letter/autograph request from either Steve Whitmire or Kevin Clash ?

Reason I ask is that I wrote both two months earlier than I wrote Dave Goelz and have yet to receive a response ? Should I wait another month or so and re-write em again ?

I'm just curious if anyone had any success with these two and what the ususal turnaround time is.

I will be making a Yahoo groups site this weekend where I will display my autographs and photos from Macy's and Caroll Spinney book signing. I will keep you all updated as to when it's available for viewing.

Michael
  16. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

Dave is even more now my personal hero then before!!!!! Not only did he write back, he actually responded to my letter in a handwritten note and wrote me a sweet personal message on my autographed Gonzo picture......

Love love love Dave right now.....:excited:
  17. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

I have a dream....its a quiet little dream, of having a hallway in my house with framed autographed pictures of all the major muppets down the hallway....

Perhaps I will extend the dream to have Sesame on one side, Muppets on the other, Fraggles at the end.....

It will be glorious...

I have already been chastized for being entirely too old to have all the Muppet movie posters on my wall so we will modify as such....if you frame them, suddenly they are camp and stylish....

at least this is what I tell myself.......
  18. Fozzie Bear

MuppetFan123, give it some time. Autographed photos can take up to 6 months to be returned. Did you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope? Those get quicker responses normally.
  19. MuppetFan123

MuppetFan123 Member

Got two more successes yesterday...........

Wrote Sesame Workshop on behalf of my nephew for autographed photos of Elmo and Grover and got back 2 color signed photos...One of Elmo and one of Grover along with a very cute letter from each :)

Stange thing was...Grovers photo was way larger and less glossy than Elmos.Elmo's was an 8x10 on Kodak glossy paper..Grover's photo musta been about 12x14 (I may be stretching it alittle, but it wasnt an 8x10 and was way bigger :crazy: )

The turnaround time was little under a week.This is probably due to the fact they are located in NYC as well as I am. I also sent a letter to them in regards to merchandise and got a response back in regards where I can find specific items.

Thanks Again Grover, Elmo and Sesame Workshop you made my nephews day.

I have requests out to Kermit The Frog,Miss Piggy, Scooter, Beaker, Jerry Nelson, Sonia Manzano and Brian Henson. When I hear back for someone, I'll be sure to update.

P.S. --- Before anyone says anything..I know the photos are signed by the interns from reading various posts here and on other sites, but to a 2 1/2 yr old, its the real deal :)

Take Care

Michael
  20. Fozzie Bear

You're wrong.

Grover and Elmo DID sign that stuff. You act like they don't care enough about their audience and have their secretaries do these things, or like they're puppets.