Fan Poll: Favorite Muppet Christmas Production

What is your favorite Muppet Christmas production?

• A Muppet Family Christmas (1987)

Votes: 76 62.8%
  • A Muppets Christmas - Letters to Santa (2008)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (2002)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • John Denver and The Muppets - A Christmas Together (1979)

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

Votes: 26 21.5%

• Total voters

beaker

Reaction score
I think Muppet Family Christmas is not only the best Xmas special by far...but, one of the absolute best Muppet things in the last 60 years. Close to this is Muppets @WDW. Sucks some of my fave Muppet stuff came in the final years of JH

Letters To Santa is my strong #2 choice, absolutely LOVVVE that and I hate to say, I like it even more than the new film

My least favorite is MCC, which for some reason just kind of depresses me. Plus it came out right after JH died and months before Richard Hunt died, so it just makes me sad.

My liking of VMX has gone way down since 2002. John Denver and the Muppets...yeah, not my cup of tea.

beaker

Reaction score
I voted for MFC because of the beauty of all the Muppets being together, but I had to give a little shout out of love for Letters to Santa - I know not everyone enjoyed that one, but I adored it, I watch it every year.
Same here, LOVVVVE it. I consider it more of a movie than a special with the way it was filmed. So wish there was an extended cut or that it was closer to 90 minutes. I consider it my favorite post EM.TV Muppet thing next to the viral videos.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think Muppet Family Christmas is not only the best Xmas special by far...but, one of the absolute best Muppet things in the last 60 years. Close to this is Muppets @WDW. Sucks some of my fave Muppet stuff came in the final years of JH.
The Muppets: A Celebration 30 Years for the WIN.

But on a Christmas note: I voted VMC although I do wish it had slightly higher production values. I loved LTS when it was first released, but the characters seem a little too cut-and-paste on future viewings.

Muppetfan2011

Reaction score
I love them all but i had to vote for MCC The ghost of Christmas Present had to be my fave because he was so goofy lol!

amiki chan

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas for me. Having the "whole" family together was amazing! Sesame Street, The Muppets and Fraggle Rock characters enjoying the holiday. Plus having Jim Henson there with everyone makes it extra special.

Also the Icy Patch running gag is hilarious to this day:big_grin:

mekkha

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas. I remember as a kid being in awe that ALL my favorite characters were together. Now my favorite part is seeing Jim, that scene brings tears to my eyes.

MissPiggyFan98

Reaction score
I went with MFC, because all my memories are held in that special, but ranked in order...

5. Letters to Santa
4. It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
3. The Muppet Christmas Carol
2. John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
1. Muppet Family Christmas

muppetmommy

Reaction score
My second favourite is Christmas Carol. My two older kids (18 and almost 14) and I watch it on Christmas Eve while wrapping presents for my husband and other two kids (8 1/2 and 3). Can't wait to see it again.