FanFic: The Bonds of Family

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No Sara... That's not stupid, it's just one more piece of the puzzle.

However, now that you say Remembering The Good Times We Had is the next book... There's a major continuity problem.
No, it's not the plot tying The Bonds of Family to the other stories, what with the injection of Scooter in the swamps... It's the fact that you have Eli as a wealthy tycoon carrying out his own plans. Reason why I say it's a continuity problem is cause here he's a grown man and already carrying out his plans against the Grosse family, when in Remembering the Good Times he was a shadow child... Yes, that vonderful scene where Life came into view in the form of a female Fraggle and scolded him for putting Uncle Deadly and Robin in danger. Me thinks that's the one obstacle that needs solving to then get the whole arc back on track.
Hope this helps though, and looking forward to the next one.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Count said:
No Sara... That's not stupid, it's just one more piece of the puzzle.

However, now that you say Remembering The Good Times We Had is the next book... There's a major continuity problem.
No, it's not the plot tying The Bonds of Family to the other stories, what with the injection of Scooter in the swamps... It's the fact that you have Eli as a wealthy tycoon carrying out his own plans. Reason why I say it's a continuity problem is cause here he's a grown man and already carrying out his plans against the Grosse family, when in Remembering the Good Times he was a shadow child... Yes, that vonderful scene where Life came into view in the form of a female Fraggle and scolded him for putting Uncle Deadly and Robin in danger. Me thinks that's the one obstacle that needs solving to then get the whole arc back on track.
Hope this helps though, and looking forward to the next one.
Oh crap. I forgot about that.....um....I will have to change it, or fix it....but it won't be too hard. I guess I'd just make it so perhaps the shadow says something to the effect of that he had to change or something....

I'll figure it out.

Thanks for pointing that out, Ed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No prob... Maybe you can make it so that Eli's an adult, a young one by Death and Life's terms, but a young adult nonetheless. Then, once that's established, have him cloaked in perfect shadow so that he's unrecognizable, even to Uncle Deadly who knows Eli per their dialogue when Mr. Takashi arrives at the theater after Nancy sacrificed herself for Scooter in "The Search For Sadie.
That way, though he's a young adult and unrecognizable to all, he's still a bit afraid of the female Fraggle for what she is and who she is, afraid of his mother who still has some power over him, enough to scold him and take him away from the theater.

Just a few ideas sent your way, cousin I guess.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
....XD sounds great. Just a little tweaking and it'll be ready, when I get it done I'll just go ahead and post the changes here, see if they look alright.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Okay guys...rather then change "Remembering the Good Times" (Cause I just plain don't feel like it, I'm thinking of either adding another chapter to this story (meaning that wasn't actually the end. And I'll snip off that last sentence, cause that means it would be the clinching end to it.) and it will all be fixed in this last chapter.

What do you guys think? Or...(my personal fav) is to write...yet another short story to go between "The Bonds of Family" and "Remembering the Good Times We Had" to fix it. and leave Bonds of Family alone.

Which would bring the current story count up to....I think eight now.

"The Bonds of Family"
"(Yet to be Named...)"
"Remembering The Good Times We Had"
"The Search For Sadie"
"Demon's Delight"
"Is That A Song There?"
"A Grand Adventure in Life" -- (Not to be included in print version - This is a web-exclusive)

Nope, it will bring it up to 7. So? What do you guys think?? Add another short story? (It would be around 10 chapters at most, a'la Demon's Delight) Or fix existing story to fit into continuty?

Personally I myself am leaning for the first one, but I would greatly apperciate your input, as I have always used that in the process of my stories. Thanks for your time. For ease of use do this:

(A) Write another Short Story
(B) Fix existing Story

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So what are our choices again? We'll take C... A very popular choice.
*Slams swatter down.

Just funning you Sara. I'd go with fixing/adding to Bonds of Family.
And I thought Grand Adventure would be added to the print stuff? And this Yet to be named... Is that what you'll work on next? Or will it be a Muppets/BTTF cross-over follow-up to solve some lingering questions? Or something completely different yet completely the same?
For these and other burning questions... Whatever you decide, it'll be great.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Grand Adventure will not be added, due to conflicts with BTTF and my not wanting to have to deal with Universal to get rights for it. Because I'd rather just leave it out, then print it and risk getting heck from them over use of the characters.

Also "Yet to be Named" would end up being the second story, a wrap up between "The Bonds of Family" and "Remembering" it would wrap up the loose ends between those two, and it will also bring in the reasons as to why perhaps Uncle Deadly pined for Eleanor. I figured just leave both stories as is, and wrap it up in a second story, which I've not figured out the title too.

It would show more with Sara/Scooter, and also would show reason as to why Deadly would want to see Eleanor. Perhaps also show the stemming reason too.

Just had a great idea...I will go ahead and write another story about it. The title will be...

"Forgotten Wishes"

That's sort of a working title right now. It may change while I'm writing this story. This will come in as the second story.

"The Bonds of Family"
"Forgotten Wishes"
"Remembering The Good Times We Had"
"The Search for Sadie"
"Demon's Delight"
"Is That A Song There?"
"A Grand Adventure In Life!"

That's the full lineup of stories. "Forgotten Wishes" should be permering soon in the Fan Fiction section. I will be writing the Prologue tonight before I leave for home. (I'm currently in the College Libary on a laptop.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Gotcha. And this second story, a good job it'll do wrapping up loose threads from Bonds of Family and lead into Remembering the Good Times.
That's good hear, as a certain phantom who's currently staying with me will be quite happy to read whatever you come up with.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I've already posted the Prologue to "Forgotten Wishes" go ahead and check it out.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I just finished reading the whole story, and I've got to say that the way you handle the continuity is superb.

I just have a couple of things to point out in a couple of chapters that I'd found them in.:smile:

In one chapter, Kermit mentioned about the KMUP station in San Francisco. Was that supposed to be a nod to "Hulk-O-Vision"? If it was, then awesome job of connecting the "Sadie" series with the "Marvelous Muppets", despite the fact that they're both set in different realities.:wink:

And also, in another chapter, when Sara mentioned something about Scooter being a reader of the X-Men and Superman comics after he told her about Eli, I smiled at the references, thinking about two things: 1) in the "Marvelous Muppets" series, Scooter hates the X-Men and 2) on the Superman reference, I thought about the "Lynda Carter" episode of The Muppet Show; though Lynda is Wonder Woman, I remembered how much Scooter wanted to be a superhero in that episode.

I look forward to reading "Forgotten Wishes.":big_grin: