FanFic: The Bonds of Family

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
This is another story of mine, I'm starting now.

I give credit to redBoobergurl, for inspiriing me to write this little gem. It will DEFINATELY not connect to the stories.

Thank you, roses can be just forwarded to Miss Piggy. [Just kidding..]

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Prologue

The crickets made noises, in the tall marsh grass. Then the soft plops of flippers through the mud. A dragonfly buzzes by, until a long, stretchy tongue nabbed it in mid-flight. The frog yanked it backwards, smirking.

"That sis, is how you catch a dragonfly." The older frog replied as she stuck her tongue out at her little sister, the dragonfly stuck onto it. "It's that easy!" She swallowed the dragonfly, and pointed out a couple more a few feet away. "Now you try it!"

The little frog shot her tongue out, and missed. She tried one more time, and hit something. It wasn't a dragonfly though, it was something much larger...

She walked forwards, following her tongue, until she found out just what she had snagged. "Sowwy, Kermiee..." She mumbled, as she pulled her tongue off of his back.

"Oh..that's fine. What are you two doing out so late though?" He looked back at them, and the smaller one ducked behind her sister. The older one sighed softly, and looked away.

"We were hoping to find you, Kermit. We've been wanting to talk to you for a little while now." She gently pulled her sister out from behind her, and she kept a tight grip on her sister's leg. "Sara, would you let go of me!?!"

Sara let go of her sister's leg, and looked at Kermit for a second. "I'm sorry Beth...I...I just didn't want to get in trouble."

"Get you in trouble? I wouldn't put you two in trouble. Unless you're doing something you shouldn't be doing.." Kermit said, his voice a little hard, making sure he got his point across.

"Oh, no Kermit! We're not doing anything wrong at all! We were trying to find you, just we thought your friends would be here...that's all." Beth started to move back towards the main part of the swamp, when Kermit reached out and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.

Kermit smiled at her. "You want to my friends?" Beth and Sara both nodded vigroiously. "Okay then, my friends are in their hotel room in town. Let's go."

Smiles

Reaction score
Cute. I love how the opening phrase is the crickets made noises! It's really great can't wait for more.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Well you already know I love this! But anyway, I'm so excited to see where this will go! And Kermit! And his friends! And you and me! Yea!!!

Leyla

Reaction score
Awww... cute!

Great beginning! I'm eager to read more. You're stories are always very interesting, although I sometimes have trouble identifying them because I'm not very familiar with characters like Uncle Deadly. Still, you always hook me. Bravo!

Leyla

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh no... Well, it's already done.
Out with it Sara... Where's the next part of this one...
*Chuckling, sorry, we know it'll be a good one and we're awaiting for it to start up properly.

G-MAN

Reaction score
This is looking really good so far, and you've made yourself a frog, lol

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter One

Kermit went and woke up Wilson, who begrudingly got into his red truck. The three of them hopped into the back of the vehicle, and they went off towards town. Kermit normally walked, but with those two, he knew they wouldn't want to walk for that long. Sara was fiddling around with the tire, a little worried. She'd never been in a moving vehicle before.

"....Sara...would you quit that?" Beth tapped at the large tire, and frowned a little. "We're going to the hotel right?"

"Right, Beth." He watched as they inspected the tire a little bit more. It seemed odd for them. "Have you two ever left the swamp before?"

"No...we haven't. We don't normally live in that swamp, Kermit. We're...from another swamp. Crystal Springs Swamp. It's....about 2 days swim from Leland." Sara remarked, setting the large tire down on the truck bed, then she sat on it.

"2 days swim!" He frowned, looking at them both. Beth was fully-grown, though she didn't look as big as Kermit did, she was still a kid; but it didnt' even look like Sara was barely out of a tadpole's age. She was only a tiny bit bigger then Robin, his own nephew. "Where are your parents?" He asked softly.

Sara didn't say anything, but she clambered off of the tire, and hopped over to her sister. Beth just frowned, and closed her eyes, and gave her sister a hug. "Our parents were captured, just when she was still a tadpole, Kermit. Some people in a huge truck were capturing all the frogs in our swamp. We were some of the few left. Our entire family, what was left of us, we split ways. And no other swamp would let us stay, except for your family. We finally found a home with your family, Kermit."

Kermit said nothing, but he wondered, what did those two think of humans? How would they react to seeing his friends??

-----------------

"I bet you, three dollars, that he's going to eat the raw egg, guys!" Gonzo exclaimed, as they watched a TV show, where you could bet on the outcomes of various things.

"That's gross, Gonzo! He's going to eat the fried egg!!" Scooter yelled, as he slapped down five dollars on the bed.

"I trump your fried, and your raw. I'm betting on boiled!" Rizzo said happily, as he set down a twenty.

"No, no, no. I say, he's gonna eat the scrambled heuvos!" Pepe said smoothly, setting down a five on the bed.

Clifford watched from the head of the bed, and he smirked. He wasn't gonna get in on this stupid betting.

"Hey, what's your bet, Clifford?" Scooter asked, looking back up at him.

"Me? Naw, man. I ain't betting on that stupid stuff. Let ya'll have your fun. I'll join in when it's a real man's game." Clifford replied, turning up the TV's volume, smirking.

"He ate.......THE RAW EGG!!!" The TV yelled, with a weird sounding fanfare. Gonzo reaped in about thirty three dollars, and he smiled.

Clifford was laughing up a storm when the door opened, and Kermit walked inside.

"Hey there Kerm! What's happening down at the old swamp nowadays?" Clifford asked, smiling. He noticed something, or rather, someone shivering behind Kermit. "Who's that behind you?"

Kermit turned around, and the two little frogs leaped out of the doorway, and against the wall in the hallway. They crouched down low, ready to hop away if they had too. Sara was absolutely shaking with fear, while Beth held her close, ready to take flight. Kermit frowned softly, and he walked out beside Beth, and knelt down in front of her.

"There's no need to be afraid, guys. They won't hurt you." Kermit said softly. "They're my friends. Frog's honor." He crossed his fingers over his heart, and smiled at them.

"Uncle Kermit? What's going on out here??" Robin walked outside of the room, and yawned. "You were....*yawn*....more late then you said you would be..."

Kermit chuckled softly, then sat down on the ground between the two of them. Sara wriggled her head out from Beth's grip and she smiled a little bit. Robin looked up at the two of them, and he smiled.

"Hi there! Who're you?" Robin said excitiedly.

Sara got out of her sister's grip, and she hopped down onto the floor. She and Robin were about the same in size. "Uh...I...I'm Sara..." Her voice was tiny, and soft, and incredibly cutesy sounding, like Robins.

Beth was a little worried, when she saw a tall orange skinned man walk slowly outside, and look down at them. Her eyes seemed to get bigger, and she snatched up Sara and hopped away down the hallway. They stopped when they were beside a large fountain, and they softly hopped inside of it, taking refuge in the cool water.

"....that was a human, Sara....we...we know we can't trust them..." Beth was rambling a little bit, hugging her sister tightly. She had seen things, no frog should ever see in their lifetime.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Count said:
Oh no... Well, it's already done.
Out with it Sara... Where's the next part of this one...
*Chuckling, sorry, we know it'll be a good one and we're awaiting for it to start up properly.
What'cha mean by that?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing much... Just forget it since Chapter 1's already posted. The scene with Sara Frog and Robin was a nice one... The show betting was some good Muppet fun... And the whole part about the two frogs hiding in the fountain...
Well, I'm worried for them both. Hope Kermit's able to convince them to trust his friends.