FanFic: The Bonds of Family

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh my gosh *hugs tightly* this is just amazing! I'm loving every minute of this and can't wait to learn more about these frogs and what the Muppets will do for them and why they're afraid of humans. It's amazing! And the stuff with Gonzo and the others watching t.v., funny stuff! I love this! Keep it up! (And I'm not biased at all or anything....) :smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Two

The frogs slept on the stone chaurb in the fountain, snoring softly. Beth was sprawled completely on top of the statue, as Sara crawled down from it. She hopped across the floor, and down to the room. She sat in front of the door, looking at it closely. She hadn't seen many doors before. Especially in her short small life.

"Hello there. Who are you?" A large brown thing asked her. She squeezed underneath the door, getting away from the large thing. It followed her. She kept running until she hit something soft. The soft thing woke up.

"..wha?" Scooter turned over from his spot on the floor, and saw the tiny green frog in front of him. "Robin? What's....your not Robin..." He sat up, and put his glasses on smiling.

"...n-no...I'm not Robin at all...I..." She turned around and saw who was talking to her. "You..you're..."

Scooter gently grabbed the little frog in his hands, and picked her up. "Come on now, you don't have to run away from us....we're not going to hurt you."

"You'll....you'll take our family though.....what's left of them." She looked around, and tried to get out from his gentle grip, but she couldnt' move. She sighed, and sat in his hand.

"See? I'm not hurting you at all.." He saw as she snuggled down into his warm hand, and hugged it gently. He could also see that she was very tired, so he went back to sleep on the floor, and sat her in his jacket, and she snuggled into it, and fell asleep.

The moon shone down into the room, through the open window, and it cast an odd look everywhere. The little frog slumbered peacefully, awaiting the new day.

---------------

The fountains water stopped running sometime during the early morning hours and the contracption started to rumble some. Beth hopped off of it, and reached down to grab Sara, but she was no where to be found.

"Oh no...Sara? SARA!" She looked around frantically. Worried something had taken her in the night. She hopped down to the room they were at before, slowly cautiously she opened the door, peeking inside.

She saw two small frogs sitting in the middle of the floor, with a rat and a shrimp sitting beside them.

"I got noting....go fishing." Pepe looked around, as Sara reached forward and grabbed a card from the small pile.

"Ooh, ooh...I got a pair of mosquitoes!" She slapped down the pair of cards, and smiled.

"Do you have any...lobster, Sara?" Robin asked.

"Nope. Go fish." She replied, smiling.

Beth walked into the room, and stood beside them, and looked down at the game they were playing. She sat down between Pepe and Sara, and watched again.

"What is this?" She asked. "It looks like Fish game."

"It is Fish, but with cards...not real fish." Sara said, smiling. She showed Beth her cards, and she looked at them smiling.

"This is kinda neat." She handed the cards back to Sara and she kept playing.

"We would'a played poker, but them to are too little." Rizzo stated, as he set down a pair of mackerel. "Go fish, shrimp!"

"Ritzo...I am not a shrimp...I am a King Prawn, jou rat. Know it, hokay?" He smirked, as he picked up another card.

The others were starting to wake up slowly, as the sun finally finished peeking through the clouds.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
See... Now that wasn't so hard was it?

The scene with them playing Go Fish with fish-based cards, cute.
Guess Beth's not too mad to find her sister then...

The scene with Sara sleeping snug in Scooter's jacket with the moonlight casting odd shapes... That's a good scene, sticks in your mind.
Look forward to more when ready.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Lovely ness!!!! I really love this story! It's very cute!

I've been really out of the loop with MC breaking down for me every week! But, I hope to sort it out soonr or later...

Beau!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Another great chapter my dear! I loved how Sara ended up with Scooter, it was really cute. And I also liked the Fish game, cute stuff. This is really setting up to be quite good!

Smiles

Reaction score
Awwwww, this story is so cute. It's really, really adorable, really. I love it.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I realy like this story, it's great! But I've never heard of Scooter being called a human.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Story's on hold. More probably in a little while.

Got to get current bookdeal figured out completely. Thanks for being so patient, with this. Love you guys lots. I wont' forget the story.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Three

Kermit woke up, and immediately went to the small table, picking up a stack of stapled papers, and he walked around the room reading them off, wondering how to do the certain scenes.

"Kermie...what....it's nearly 6 am in the morning!" Piggy snapped awake from her somewhat peaceful slumber, and glared at him from the bed. The only other person in the bed was a few of the female rats and Annie Sue. The females shared one bed, the males shared another bed and also the floor. It was cheaper that way.

"Just going over the script Piggy..." He picked up a small pencil and started jotting some things down. At Piggy's exclamation, the others started waking up.

Clifford looked over at Scooter. He seemed to be the main pillow for Sara, Beth, and Robin. Beth was curled up against the small of his back, and Sara was against his chest, her tiny head tucked underneath his chin. Robin was curled up in Scooter's jacket, in the crook of his slightly bent knees. Clifford chuckled a little bit, and softly tapped Scooter on his shoulder.

"Hey man, wake up." Scooter started to move, and Clifford made him pause. "Don't move, Scoot....you're a frog magnet ya know?"

Scooter glanced over the top of his glasses and he saw the three frogs against him. He laughed softly, and gently moved himself away from Robin and Beth, and he picked up Sara gently. She yawned and opened one of her eyes, looking up at him. She gasped, and nearly fell out of his hands.

"What's the matter now? You know who I am, Sara." He said softly, frowning.

"...I...I'm just not used....to you yet." The tiny frog stammered, as she calmed down.

"What happened to you two, that you're so afraid of humans...or for that matter anything other then frogs?" Scooter asked, setting her down on the floor. She started to hop over towards her big sister, and she looked down sadly, as Beth, who was now awake, gave her a big hug.

"Get sissy to tell you more...." She mumbled, burying her face into her sister's smooth, slick chest. Beth sighed softly, and looked over at Kermit. He was busy making changes to the script while Piggy was fussing over it.

"You can't make me do that scene Kermie!! I will not degrade myself as I am a wonderful star!! Not some....halfwit ninny who can't even speak on national television!!" She said exuberantly, glaring at Kermit hard.

"It will be funny, Piggy." Kermit reassured her, she just scoffed at it, tapping one of her high heels on the floor in a fast motion.

"What will the fans think, Kermie!?" She pleaded, her expression going soft towards her beloved frog. "They want to see a head strong pig! Not some blathering idiot!!" Her voice got deeper, as she reached across the table, one hand gripping the script tightly by the top edge now. "And this SCENE is making me out to BE a blathering idiot!!"

"The fans will think, because you've only been on stage, and not live tv, it will be different. Plus, I think it's a cute scene." He said simply.

Her voice became flat and toneless, as she stared directly at him. "You think it will be cute? A cute little scene, where all I do....is this long drawn out....." She grabbed the script, and her eyes flew open. "Action:stick_out_tongue:iggy - *Stares at camera, mouth agape, a strained cry/sigh coming forth." She was silent, staring at the script.

'She'll think it's funny I hope. I thought it was, when I wrote it in.' Kermit thought, smiling at her. He thought it was a cute funny scene. 'I mean...it's just stage fright, everyone gets it.."

He saw the blue fire, and he couldn't even react fast enough. She threw the script at him like a ninja star, and huffed; standing up in a split-second. "THIS IS FUNNY TO YOU FROG!?!"

He blanched, turning about three shades lighter now. "Uh...uh...Piggy, sweetie!"

"Don't 'Piggy sweetie' me, frog. Take it out, or I walk on this paltry film! I'm going to see if there's a salon in this halfwit town!!" She grabbed her purse and stormed out of the hotel room. Everyone was silent now.

"You just gonna give her a fun fight scene with a cute guy, right? And keep that one in?" Clifford stated, as if it was nothing at all.

Kermit nodded, and started to pencil in the scene right after the stage fright one.

Beth's eyes were goggling, watching this strangeness happening before her eyes. She turned to Scooter, and gasped softly.

"She...she tried to HURT him!! He's a frog....oh...no.....it's more then humans..." She started to worry again, and Sara was sitting in her lap now, she saw Kermit walking over to them, and he sat down.

"What's the matter?" He asked, he could tell something was up, and they needed to say something about it. Keeping it bottled up wasn't good for you, and he knew it too well.

"Sissy!! Tell them what happened....with....the hoppy guy..." She mumbled, her face still halfway buried in her sister's chest.

"..It's Hopper, Sara." She said sadly. "Kermit, we don't know who this person is, but a lot of humans came to our swamps a few months back, and they were catching all of us frogs! Mom...she...she had taught us to read and to write, and I read what was on the...moving...the trucks. It read "Doc Hopper's...French Fried Frog Legs."

Kermit's expression became dark at hearing this old coot was up to his old tricks again. Now, Kermit never wished death on anyone, but he had thought by this time, Doc Hopper would surely be dead.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Four

Old Doc sat in his office, smirking. He had the layouts in front of him, and he couldn't help but smile. He was ready to make a full comeback in the area of specialty fast food. He would wipe out those fast food chicken and pizza chains in no time. He had the fried, the healthy, and the sugar lovers all covered in one in his stores. It was heaven to that old codger for what he knew he would be making.

"We'll get right back on top, Max! This is our ticket, to getting Kermit the Frog...I know he'll BEG to be our spokesfrog now!" He chuckled and leaned back in his tall chair. Max, his longtime lackey just sat back in a chair opposite the moghany desk, and he frowned softly.

"Are you sure, Doc? He turned us down once before, what if he does it again?" Max asked, wondering if Doc would want to do another wild chase like last time. He would definately leave for good if he did that again. But...he figured he would come crawling back, he was family after all.

"Because this fine young gentlemen here showed us the ticket to getting him. It was just the frogs that made him a little wary about us...now we've made it...personal." Doc said with a sneer, his intentions truely showing as pure evil now. The other man, that Doc spoke of hadn't arrived yet, Max was a little worried about him.

He'd heard this man had power. Literally and finacally. He was the richest man in all of the US, and possibly even Europe. He was known by two things: His love of the darkness. And his ever-present lit cigarette.

Doc heard the doorknob turn, and he stood up from his seat. Max didn't budge.

"Come on, Max! Stand up...it's Mr. Takasi...Takashe...It's Mr. Eli, now show him some respect!!" He snapped at Max, as he reluctanly stood up. Eli looked from man to man, and he sat down in the other seat beside Max.

"Pleasure to finally meet you face to face, Mr. Hooper." Eli said silkly, as he settled into the seat.

"His name's Hopper, Mr. Eli." Max interjected before Eli could speak anymore.

"Shush, Max! He can call me Mr. Looper, for all I care!!" Doc turned his attention to the black clothed man, and he immediately pulled out a slim bronzed cigarette case and extended it to Eli. He waved it away.

"I have my own, but...thank you." He then pulled out his own case, and got one cigarette out, he extended the case out the Doc then, who took one out from it, then over to Max. Max started to shake his head no, until he saw Doc glaring at him, like he would kill him. He took one out, and smiled falsely at Eli.

"I take it you don't smoke, Mr. Max?" He said simply, shutting the case, and slipping it back inside his black business blazer. Max shook his head. "That's fine with me." He flicked out a lighter and lit the cigarette. "Doc. I have some requirements of you, before I can give you the full loan you asked for." His eyes were blazing bright red now, he was getting anxious, he knew he was close. He couldn't reveal it totally though.

"Oh, certainly, Mr. Eli. What is it then?" He asked, quite sweetly, as he lit the cigarette. He perferred cigars, but he didn't mind this.

"You get Kermit. I'll have his friends." He said, with a evil smile playing across his face now.

"What about his little friends. Those stupid little things stood up for him a long time ago..." He was starting to ramble and Eli held up a hand sharply.

"I don't care about past adventures you had with that pitiful frog, Hopper. I want one of his friends. The orange boy muppet." Eli smirked when he said that, he took a long drag on his cigarette, and leaned over on the chair, placing one hand on his desk. "Get me this boy, get Snake on it. I want that boy, alive, and delivered to me."

Doc looked a little bit worried. He wondered just where or what this man was going to do to that boy, but he shook it off. "It's a deal, Eli. But...what about that loan you promised?"

Eli laughed, it was a hollow, cruel and chillingly cold laugh. Max was staring at him then, he could see he had fangs. Clear fangs. Max wondered if Eli was infact a vampire of some sorts. He shook his head softly.

'Too many comic books, Max ol' boy..' He thought, watching the two.

Eli stared at Doc, and smiled widely. "Oh, you'll get the loan, Hopper."

Doc started to say something, but he frowned a little, watching Eli's expression turn from merry laughter, to a cruel and calcuating hardened face.

"As soon as I get the boy, you get your loan. I will pay for whatever expenses come up, but; until I have the boy in my hands, you will not see ever penny of it. Understood?"

Doc nodded, and smiled. He just had to capture that boy, and that will bring Kermit to him, as well as he'll get his loan. A double whammy Doc thought. It was the perfect plan...