FanFic: The Predicament

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Also, maybe unrealated -- why am I having such trouble with MC on the computer? I'm gonna run virus/spyware tomorrow; later this morning. Hopefully that'll help it.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Ah, I've been having those problems in the evenings with MC too.
Wait, you've written another chapter? I figured with all the stress You've been going through, not to mention that you basically said you were putting this story to the side, we wouldn't be seeing an update for a long time, if ever! Woohoo!
Oh, and you should know that whenever I hear the song Fat Cat, I think of poor Doc and laugh, then feel guilty about it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not psychic... Just saw you were online and saw you were viewing this thread as the last activity in your profile page when I posted yesterday. And I had trouble with MC all last night, figure it's all the spambots clogging the system with their stupid spam. Take care Sara.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Sixteen

[This may not be the best chapter, but it's something at least. I'll try to keep at it, I felt like going back to the story....couldn't stop the magic!]

As Marla scrambled out from the cavern in a slight daze, she came upon Healer's cavern a few moments later. But she didn't go inside immediately. She couldn't bear to even say it. Dressed in her simple blue scarf, with the old bottle of sleeping tonic clutched in her trembling hand.

"I just wish Father would have talked to us about this." She thought frantically. "Why…oh why didn’t he just talk to us! And now he’s dead and gone to the world."

Gobo was making his way out of Healer’s cavern, gathering up a few supplies she had given him; to aid in Red’s complete recovery.

"Why did this happen?" He mused to himself, glancing at the basket of tinctures, ointments, and tonics in his hand. "What in outer space is this?"

He turned a small bottle over in his hand, it was a small, dark blue glass bottle. It read "Sleeping Tonic" He ‘harrumphed’ to himself and placed the bottle back in the small basket. Slowing going along the path, he kept talking to himself, meandering down the way back to the cave.

"Why did this happen? Healer said….yeah, she said that Red might have some memory damage. I hope it’s not permanent.."

Marla was muttering and ranting to herself, grasping the small bottle tightly to her chest, tears starting to well at her eyes. She saw she was nearing the corner to Healer’s cavern now. She starting talking aloud to herself, trying to pick her own brain for answers to her mounting questions. "Why did Daddy do this? Why did John have to –"

Gobo was off in his own world, still kind of talking to himself, when he turned the corner. "I just wonder what in Outer Space convinced Convincing John to –"

"WHAM! SMACK!"

The two fraggles collided harshly. Gobo’s basket went sailing towards Marla. Small tubs, bottles, and bags flew through the air, aiming for her. The solitary bottle aimed itself for Gobo’s face.

"THUNK"

The bottle landed right in Gobo’s mouth. He stared at Marla Fraggle, who had gotten the worse of it. A rock-climbers bladder bag full of mint vapor rub had exploded upon impact on her head. She quickly wiped it away from her face, before it got into her eyes.

"Mufppght." Gobo mumbled. He angrily pulled out the small bottle and stood up, starting to gather the items. "What are you doing here? A little far away from Convincing John, aren’t you?"

Marla started crying at that harsh, icy comment. He stopped, and stared at her. His expression softened quite a bit. Then he noticed something. The bottle that landed in his mouth…it was the same as the bottle that Healer had given him.

"Sleeping Tonic? Why did you have a bottle of sleeping tonic…Fragglette?"

"MY NAME ISN’T FRAGGLETTE!" She blasted back at him, shooting herself upright and glaring. "I have a NAME you know."

He lowered his head, and frowned a bit. "I’m sorry, what is your name. John didn’t apparently feel that you were fit to have a name. I’m just calling you what he called you. ‘Fragglette’ So, what is your name?"

"My name is Marla. Marla Fraggle. I need that bottle back, Gobo. I’m on my way to see Healer…we need her, and…The Storyteller…"

"And The Storyteller. That doesn’t sound good. What’s going on Marla?" His interest suddenly peaked.

[For if you Silly Creatures didn’t know, when a Fraggle claims they need the help of both The Healer and The Storyteller, it usually means a fraggle has died. The Storyteller is considered like…a minister of sorts. They are called to act as a mediator for The Oldest Fraggle, as he is not usually available. They perform their "Last Rites" and also help compile ‘stories’ to tell at the ceremony of the burial. Back to your not-so-regularly scheduled story.]

Marla said nothing, but grabbed the small bottle that Gobo had given back to her. Hurrying on, Gobo could see tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I hope that…Trashheap forbid, nothing bad has happened…"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Huggles Sara and new chapter tightly. You've managed to continue the thrill of this story's thread. Thank you for the update and in-chapter explanation. Hope everything's good for you. :excited:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh wow Sissy, I have missed your writing so much! This is awesome! Although the ending has left me in a little bit of fear of what comes next...so hurry up and post more!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Seventeen

Many fraggles would wait patiently outside the cavern of an elder.

Many fraggles would merely sit, and usually sing to themselves while waiting.

She was quite the impatient fraggle, and despised her elders.

She sang for a living, and her conductor was dead.

So, she did the next best thing her mind could comprehend: she barged into Healer's cavern, tears rolling down her soft, furry cheeks.

"Who is that!" A lone, strained voice cried out. "Go AWAY! I've seen as many fraggles as I care to see today!"

Marla would not stand for this, she kept going towards the voice. She flung back the meager curtains, and her eyes beheld something amazing. Healer's red and purple dreaded hair, was down from it's wrap. The hair trailing around her body, almost reaching the floor. She had brushed out the dreads as best she could, trying in vain to clean them. Her meager excuse for a 'dress' lay on the double bed beside her. A small, black book lay on the table in front of her.

"What is it that you want, Marla John Fraggle?" Healer said harshly, glaring the poor little fraggle down. "I am busy, and I have no time for you or your father's wearisome convincing."

Marla shuddered in place. The tendrils of Healer's stinging words hit close to home. Healer advanced on Marla, shaking her bark brush at her; like a cane.

"The last time I saw you, your father caused....he caused a friend of mine to die." Her eyes seemed to be off somewhere deep within her psyche. Lost in memories of past.

Marla noticed an old, weathered cane leaned against the small table, on the opposite side of the bed. The table had a thick layer of dust on it, it had been untouched for quite sometime now; and a glass that resided on said table had a sheen that it once held something purple within itself. Healer sat at the table in the middle of the room, and sighed. She gathered her hair, and messily wrapped it again; pieces of the reddish-purple mass poked out in all directions. She looked all the while like a Medusa. She slipped her dress back on, and fretted and fussed with it for a moment before turning to her.

"So. What is it that you want, Marla?" It seemed to be more of a statement then a question, Marla noticed. She also noticed that she almost spat it out, so much as say it.

"John's passed, Healer." She spat back, nearly hissing in the process. "I hope you're quite happy with yourself. You were the one that killed him you know."

Marla tossed the small, blue glass bottle at Healer. She caught it quickly and glanced at it. Her eyes grew large when she saw the tight, neat handwriting on the bottles label.

"I didn't give this to John, my dear." Healer replied, shaking her head softly.

"Then who in Fraggle Rock did? Was it The Oldest Fraggle, I guess? Old Fraggle wants to kill 'em then huh?" She mockingly stated, folding her arms in excuse.

Healer started laughing. Softly at first, then her laughter grew, happy and resoundingly loud in it's mirth. She doubled over with laughter, as Marla grew more and more impatient.

"It's amazing, Marla." She stated simply, her laughter starting to subside. Her tone suddenly got serious and quick. "John's death was caused by the very one that he killed."

Healer sighed, and reached for the small book once more, and gingerly stroked the cover. She motioned for Marla to sit at the table.

"I'll help you, but you will listen first; understand?" Her tone was clipped, and short. Marla nodded her head tersely and leaned in to make an effort of listening to her.

"It was when we were going to join Matt on one of his expeditions...a dangerous one, but House didn't care...the darn hothead..."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*<333 Healer more as the medicinal merlusa her hair makes her look. *Needs more of story!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey! :excited: If you can post it of course, we understand. And oversit too. :stick_out_tongue:

BTW: Waiting for a PM from you Sara. *Huggles.