FanFic: The Predicament

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Four

"Finally! The western most caverns are done. Uncle Travelling Matt will be quite suprised at just how much I've been able to do lately." Gobo mused to himself, as he started to walk back into the Great Hall where the Fraggle Pond was.

Nearly all of the Fraggles were still splashing, and playing around in the water, as it was only halfway empty now. The ones who weren't in the pool were laying on the rocks around, sunning or drying themselves off.

"What's everyone else doing in the pond? I thought...that was Red's job!" He paused for a moment, as he saw his friends splashing around in the water. Mokey came up above the water's surface and held up Wembley's shirt.

"Got your shirt! It was stuck to a rock, Wembley...you need to be more careful when you dive you know." She handed the shirt back to him, and he gratefully slipped it back on. Boober was sitting at the water's edge and had his feet dangled in it.

"This is really enjoyable, isn't it?" He said a little lazily, as he was laying back against the rock, his hat pulled over his face even more then normal.

"Yeah, I'm glad John showed us how nice this would be!" Wembley said, as he and Mokey dove again to dive for a weighted radish.

Gobo walked over to the side of the pond where they were, and he sat down for a moment, watching as Mokey and Wembley came topside again. Wembley had the radish in his hands.

"Boober? What's going on?" The exploring fraggle asked his friend. "And where's Red?"

"Oh, it was so hot today...and John showed us that we should help her in cleaning out the pool. It's so nice and cold; it's made everyone feel better!" He said a slight smile crossing his face, as he sighed and went back to sleep.

"But where is Red?" He asked. Boober was already snoring, so he knew he would get no answer from him. Wembley and Mokey were too preoccupied with diving for the weighted radish to take any notice that he was even there.

"I've gotta do this on my own I guess." Gobo stood up, and started to go back to their caves, and he noticed Red sitting on her bed, staring at the wall. "Red? Don't you have something to do?" He asked gently, walking inside down into the main cave.

"No." She said quite plainly, still staring at the wall. Her hair was down, out of it's ribbons which was a little strange. "Everybody's doing my job, so I don't have anything else to do today."

"But it's just 30 minutes...isn't it?" He countered, curious as to what was going on here.

"No! You're such a great explorer and such a great leader, I'm surpised you don't even realize what your friends do for their job! Your job is more then 30 minutes, isn't it?" She blasted back, not turning around.

"Yes, but I always have to go into the room to get Uncle Matt's postcards. If I didn't get them, they'd just stay in that trashcan for a long time, and you know that!" Gobo nearly yelled at her. His own emotions were feeding off of her's, which wasn't that great to begin with.

"Then....then why don't you tell me why everyone's trying to do MY job!?" She said, turning around. Her face was wet with her tears, as she was crying before. She didn't understand why everyone was pushing her away from her job. They weren't supposed to do that, and no one could tell her different.

"It's Convincing John, Red. We've got to get to the bottom of this!"

He hrumphed, and grabbed Red by the hand; as the two of them started to make their way back down to the Great Hall, to find Convincing John.

"I'm going to give him a piece of my mind, Red. He's going to answer to why he did that to you!"

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Uh-oh, Gobo found out! Ooh this is getting so good Renee!! I love it!

(Oh, and btw, if you get bored, go check out my new fic "Old Friends Who've Just Met" but only if you get bored...:crazy: )

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I love this! Hug it! Squeeze it! Poor Red, I'll have to give her a hug too since she's my roomie. Seriously though, this is really great! I'm anxious to see what happens now that Gobo's involved! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... This was a nice short chapter. Plenty of action in it though...
Wembley and Mokey diving for the radish...
Boober lazily dipping his toes in the water, and kind of happy for a change...
Gobo coming back, getting some answers, and then rushing to unload a piece of his mind on Convincing John on Red's behalf...

And yet, there's something here...
The way you portrayed Red, with her hair down and out of her ribbons, a bit plaintive at first and then turning around revealing her tears...
There's something quietly beautiful about Red at that moment you've managed to capture Sara. It's a rare glimpse of Red as a quiet almost-sad beauty I don't think anyone else's done yet.
Don't get me wrong, Beth has some great moments in both her stories... But this was what struck me as the haunting charm of the chapter.
Look forward to more.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Red's job, as described in episode 5, is to clean the pool by swimming in it for 30 minutes per week. Hope this helps.
Sarah, I love the idea of you writing a story again, let alone Fraggle Rock! May I say, you have Doc, Sprocket, and Junior Gorg particularly in character! Can't wait to read more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So Sara... When can we hexpect an update?
*Poking with nagging stick.

And thanks for the song help, just posted that in my story.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
All right, I'm lining up in the nagging line. Sissy, please update! Don't make me get out my muffin cannon again!

Java

Reaction score
Oh, I've caught up with this and you have my attention. I hope you can post more soon!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
We know you're online Sara... Better post more, or we'll set the Queen on you, and bombard you with muffins from our cannons.
Just a friendly reminder... We're tough on the fanfic authors, expecially when we find a story we love.

And we've fallen in love with this one and want more... Soon? Please-ish?