FanFic: The Search For Sadie

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Search For Sadie - Commentary

Chapter Seventeen

Nancy followed Eli, running. She was not as quick as him though, as he got to the waiting room before she did. He stood at the edge of the room, watching them. His hands deep in his trench coats pockets. He was clothed, head to toe in black. Sadie's eyes locked with Eli's. He then smiled, walking towards her.

"Hello, Ms. Grosse." His voice was like ice, piercing the lull that hung over the small room. She stayed rooted to the spot where she stood.

Sadie: I really wanted to punch him during this scene. It got way too real sometimes...

"What are you doing here, Mr. Takashi? This is for family and friends only." She stated, her body feeling a bit weak, from the emotional roller coaster she's been on for nearly the whole day. "You need to leave, now."

"Oh, but I am his friend, don't you see? Don't you know why I am here, Sadie?" He walked a little closer to her, and smiled, a cruel cold smile.

Kermit woke up, and jabbed Piggy in her side. She saw Eli standing there, looking all to her like death's angel. She walked in front of him, glaring up at him.

Scooter: Piggy is going to get so hurt.

"Sadie said this is for friends only, bub. Now move it or lose it!!" She growled at him, she did not like him one bit. She was ready to give him a punch to his stomach, to get him out of there.

"My dear Miss Piggy. You shouldn't interfere in matters you don't of. I'm merely here to see the boy. Make sure...he makes it alright." He removed his glasses, Piggy could see his eyes. They were crimson colored. Like fresh blood. He smiled wide at her, she could see small fangs it seemed, in that toothy smile of his. She narrowed her eyes, not moving an inch.

Richard: O_O Woah..

"She said to leave. Now leave, or I'll make you leave." She balled her fist at him, ready to fight. Piggy couldn't describe the feeling she felt, but she knew he had no business there. Eli laid a gentle hand on her shoulder. He felt cold, like ice to her. She took a step backwards, yet he kept his hand on her shoulder. He stared down into Piggy's eyes.

"You will back away, pig. I do have business here. I may not be a friend then, but...I have business." Eli let go of her, and she was shaking, she walked back to Kermit, and sat down. She looked over at Kermit, she looked terrifed.

Renee: I had to convince her that looking into Death's visage or face would make anyone and anything terrifed like she had to do.

Kermit knew she saw something no living thing should ever see. She saw death's presense in his eyes, and she was scared.

Eli walked closer to those double doors, and he laid a hand on the smooth metal, glancing over at Sadie. His smile was gone now.

"I'm here for the boy, Sadie. How long till he gets out of there?"

"What right do you have to know, Eli!? You've done enough to my family for one lifetime!! Please...leave us be!" She reached forward, and grasped his free hand, he clenched her hand tightly.

Scooter: ...I hate him.

"A lifetime you say? One's life dosn't matter much, does it?" He was speaking cryptically, he didn't want to alarm Scooter's friends as to what he was about to do there. He did not wish to fight before he got the boy's life in his grasp. After...he would tell them, and then he would be ready for it.

Death stood by Nancy, both of them at the end of the room. Death did not let himself be seen, as he watched Eli and Sadie talk.

"Father. Why him?"

"IT IS HIS TIME, NANCY."

"But....he's such a young boy! I've seen his potential....he shouldn't leave, just yet!!"

"YOU'VE PLEADED ENOUGH NANCY. IT WAS ONLY BECAUSE I FOLLOWED YOUR WISHES THAT THEY ARE NOT ALL GONE ALREADY."

Richard: What does he mean there?

Renee: Well...I figured that they had been near death many times as little children, you know? Just...in trouble a lot, so she's probably begged with Death to allow them to live longer.

"Still." She stared down at them both, her mind racking as to how she might help. She turned back to Death, and looked strait into his hood. She could see the outline of his skull, and the snake that curved around it, going into one of his eyesockets. It never scared her. She had seen it all of her life. Who would be scared of their Father, anyways?

"Take me instead."

Sadie: Oh, goodness. I think my heart just stopped.

Renee: I think mine stopped too. Wow.

Death looked at her. Her simple statement actually shocked the old ghoul. It was not a plead, nor a cry. Just a simple statement, that echoed across time for him.

"YOU WOULD GIVE UP YOUR EXISTANCE...JUST TO SAVE THIS YOUNG MAN?"

"I've raised them. I was his mother, for the longest time. I know of their bond, Skeeter and Scooter. They should never be seperated. Even if that seperation is death, It would crush my very soul if he died this day, Death. Please. Take me instead. Not him."

Scooter: I can't believe you'd put Nanny in so much danger!!

Renee: She's like your mother, she cares for you! Mothers would die for their children. So...she would too.

He watched his daughter. She was much like her Mother, Life. She hated to see things die. Unlike her brother, Eli. He craved death. He laughed when planes crashed. He was excited when ships sank. He loved earthquakes, and other tragadies. He craved it. Death too, enjoyed it somewhat. But not with the emotion and pleasure that his son got from it. He merely knew it was the way of the universe. It was unavoidable. It was as it should be. But...here was his daughter, asking him to spare this young man, to replace him with her. He looked at his bony hand for a moment, his mind empty.

"....YOU KNOW YOU SHALL NEVER WALK THIS PLANET AGAIN, NANCY."

"I know that. Will you honor what I've asked you then?"

Death looked back at Eli. He was suprisingly quiet, listening to them talk. Sadie had sat down in the chair beside Skeeter. She was wondering why Eli was still as a rock. A pillar of an evil man. His hand still on those double doors. He was staring down that long hall once more, but no words came from his mouth, no emotions played across that stony face. No movement from his muscles. For them, time seemed to stand still. As Eli listened, waiting.

Richard: Eli's ticked off.

"YES. I WILL."

"So, you will make Eli wait? I wish to see Scooter one last time, when he is better....before I leave."

"YOU WISH TO SPEAK TO THEM ALL, DON'T YOU?"

"Yes. I wish to pass peacefully with them. If I left suddenly, it would kill them, I know it."

Renee: *sniffles, smiling* Awww...

Eli went absolutely pale. He turned around from those doors, and walked to Nancy. His face was pure anger. His body was tense, ready to fight already.

"Sister. You cannot do this!"

"I will not let you have him, Eli."

"You've given up yourself for....for him!! That lowly boy!!!"

Scooter: I'M NOT LOWLY, YOU DEMON!

Renee: Man, it's a movie, calm down. XD

"He is not lowly, brother. He is a very smart young man. He is one of the reasons these people have kept going on!!"

To the muppets, they heard nothing. They saw nothing. What they saw was Eli standing in front of Nancy, glaring at her. But they saw no mouths moving. They heard no words. They did not see Death, standing right beside them. It was as if it were still silent in that small room.

The nurse came down that hall. A clipboard in her hands, she was flipping through the papers. A mixture of a smile and a frown upon her face. She opened one of the doors, and poked her head outside of it.

"Ms. Grosse? Ms. Sadie Grosse??" She saw Sadie stand up, so she walked over to her.

"Is he alright, nurse? Will he make it!?" She looked to be near tears once more. She was so worried for her son.

The nurse nodded, smiling. "He'll be okay, Ms. Grosse. He'll wake up from the surgery in an hour or so. He'll be in the recovery room in a few minutes. They are closing him up right now as we speak."

Sadie was so happy. She fell to her knees, thanking God and whoever else she could think of. She felt a gentle hug around her. It was Skeeter, she was crying in happiness as well. Her brother made it through. The two collapsed, crying against each other.

Sadie: *Hugs Scooter tightly, smiling widely*

Kermit heard the news, he went around waking everyone up.

"Hey guys!! Scooter's gonna be alright!!! YAAAYYY!!!!!" He threw his arms up in happiness, just yelling. He grabbed Piggy and gave her a kiss on the cheek, she hugged him tightly as well. Within a minute or two, everyone was hugging each other, exuberant.

Everyone's thoughts were the same, that cold early winter morning.

'He's going to be alright.'

What little did they know....what sacrifice was made for them that same morning.

Chapter Seventeen

Scooter was wheeled out of surgery, he was in the recovery room now. Normally only two people were allowed at a time into that room. But...in this case the hospital had to make an exception. Nearly everyone was piled into that room. The Electric Mayhem were sitting on the windowsill and underneath it. Sadie and Skeeter were on either side of Scooter's bed. Robin was sitting on his bed. Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo and Fozzie had taken up seats on the floor, around an armchair, which Nancy sat in. Eli was outside the room, sitting in a chair in the hall.

He was absolutely furious. He was clenching the armrests so hard, they were about to come out from under his hands. Death stood beside him, watching in the room.

Richard: He's going to kill someone or something soon. I can feel it. He's about to split wide open with that anger of his.

"Why have you let this happen, Death?" He was now staring at the ground.
"YOU HAD THE CHANCE, ELI. BECAUSE YOU DID NOT TAKE IT WHEN I TOLD YOU TOO. YOUR SISTER HAS TAKEN HIS PLACE NOW. ALTHOUGH I KNOW WHAT SHE SPOKE OF. YOU LOST THAT CHANCE, NOW SHE SHALL LEAVE INSTEAD OF HIM. IF I SEE YOU TRYING TO TAKE THAT BOY'S SOUL, I SHALL TAKE YOURS."

Scooter: You think he'd keep his word?

Renee: Probably.

Eli stared at Death. He frowned. He knew when his Father had meant business, so he decided to just leave altogether. He left that hospital, walking down the snowy streets of Hensonville, going towards The Muppet Theatre.

---------------

Uncle Deadly was sitting in the old man's balcony, thinking. The show was supposed to go on tonight, but Kermit had postponed it, due to Scooter's illness. He understood. The only people in that theatre now, were Beauregard and Clifford. They were either cleaning up, or trying to fix the lighting once more.

"Why don't you just give up on that light, Clifford?"

Clifford just grumbled, twisting the screwdriver again, getting the cover on that light tight, so it wouldn't fall.

"You know it's going to break. Haven't you tried the fault breaker yet? That might be the problem." Deadly normally didn't bother with the daily goings of the theatre, but....well, with no one else there, he was bored to tell the truth.

Richard: A bored phantom is not a good thing.

The doors opened in the front of the theatre, as Eli walked inside. Beauregard looked up from his sweeping, and he smiled a bit.

"Hello there. Um...I don't think anybody is supposed to be here this morning."

Eli kept walking, down the pathway around the seats, disregarding the janitor.

"Hey! I said no one's supposed to be---OOF!" Beauregard was pushed down to the ground, Eli's hand upon his chest.

Renee: Beauregard, oh no!

"If you're smart, Mr. Beauregard. You'll keep out of my way." Eli snarled, not wanting to be bothered with anyone that day.

Deadly heard the commotion, and he leapt deftly out of the balcony unto the floor.

"Eli. I might've known. Get your hands off of him. He won't harm you." Deadly frowned, seeing the young man.

Eli removed his hand from Beau's chest, and helped him upright once more. Then he started walking towards Deadly. The phantom stood his ground, and frowned again.

"What are you doing here, you pestering spawn of Death?"

"Such sweet words, you old spook. I'm quite flattered." He replied sarcastically. He sat down in one of the seats, and glanced up at Deadly, smiling.

Scooter: Sweet words?

Renee: Between a demon and a phantom that could be, plus Eli was responding sarcastically too.

"Like I said, what business do you have here? I'll get your Father to send you out of here, you know. There are only two people here besides myself. No souls are needed to leave."

"Oh, I'm not here to collect souls, old friend. I'm merely here to see what happens when they return." He drummed his fingers on the armrest, looking quite delighted with himself.

"You haven't done anything to the boy, have you?" He was a bit worried, he had watched everything that had gone on last night in the backstage area. But, as he is dead, he was not able to follow them.

"I wish." He stated. Then he was quiet for a moment. "But....my sister shall leave them, and I would love to see how they are, once they get back here. Plus...I just needed a place to get some quiet. So, please leave, Uncle Deadly. I don't think you'd wish me to harm you."

Deadly watched Eli for a few moments, then he went back to watching Clifford try to fix the light. He figured if hadn't harmed Scooter, it was no trouble letting him stay. He wasn't harming anything anyways.

Chapter Eighteen

Blackness. Complete and utter blackness. It seemed to swallow him whole, yet...he was still there. He wondered if he would ever get out of that place. His thoughts turned inwards, memorys playing by him like yesterday. Him and Kermit playing as toddlers. Always calling Gonzo a weirdo. Never laughing at any of Fozzie's jokes. His sister and Piggy always fighting over who was better at this, or at that. Then....he remembered those fateful days.....

Scooter: ...this is my subconsious isn't it?

Renee: Yeah, I felt I had to get into your head for this chapter, plus it ties in beautifully with the next part of it.

He met Jane. He met Emily. He met Hortense. ....When he was little, he thought he hated those women. They took his friends away.

Jane had come by, with James as well. He remembered Kermit leaving the nursery, and Nanny carrying a small box underneath her arms when she came to get him from there.

He hated those boxes. When he saw them....he knew they were gone. He saw the old red truck leave, and it never came back.

Then....another box. And Piggy left. She was crying, she didn't want to leave them. She wanted to stay, to play to her heart's content. But...she couldn't stop it. He couldn't stop it. It merely happened. Then she was gone too.

A while later, yet another box. A small rubber chicken was poking out of it. But instead of leaving that nursery....he stayed one last day. Emily had brought cookies for the children, they played games, while his mother told Scooter of so many jokes she knew. He laughed, he enjoyed her company. Then....while they took their nap....Fozzie left too.

He figured now, Emily didn't want to bother the others with him leaving them. Instead it made them think Fozzie was dead, until he sent a postcard to them. But still....they missed him.

Scooter: *Just watches, silently.*

Richard: *Is quite amazed at how Renee laid this all out.*

An older man, with blue hair and a saxophone came then. He had said his name was Zoot, and he was here to get Animal. He stayed for a short while. Letting Animal say his goodbyes. Or rather try to tear apart the room one last time. Zoot played his sax a little bit, a cute jaunty tune, and Animal was playing his little toy drum set unskillfully trying to keep up with the man's playing.

Nanny had Animal's box, which she gave to Zoot. He remembered hearing Nanny tell Zoot there wasn't much in there, because Animal pretty much ate anything he got his hands on. Zoot laughed, and said the little guy was always like that it seemed. Then they left too.

Scooter: Why Zoot? Why not Floyd?

Renee: Zoot's like 50 years old. Floyd's only maybe late 20's early 30's. It wouldn't make sense to have a teenagered Floyd come to pick up Animal. But young adult Zoot made perfect sense in my mind.

By then, only Bunsen, Beaker, Bean, Rowlf, Gonzo, and him and his sister were left. Bunsen always had some silly new contraption to work on, and Beaker was always getting hurt from it. Skeeter was always trying to get him to play with her, but he never really liked playing all that much, she was too rough he thought.

He now wished he had played more, when he had the chance.

Bunsen and Beaker left. An older man, in a white coat came, picking them up. They left like Kermit left. No words, no parting play days, just...left.

Richard: Ed suggested that could be Prof. Krassman. Possibly?

Renee: Eehh..I dunno. Possibly. I'll think about it for awhile before expounding on it properly.

Bean left back to his warrens. Scooter didn't really remember much about him though. He just left.

An old brown dog had come to the house. Nanny had yet another box underneath her arm. That old dog had walked into the nursery, and Rowlf ran to him, laughing. Rowlf pointed to his piano, yet the old dog shook his head softly. Rowlf nodded, seeing the small blue car outside. He scooped the little puppy in his arms, and then Rowlf had left too, just as suddenly.

Then...he felt his heart breaking. His memories turned to that day. That day his mind had pushed to the back.

Scooter: *Just utterly silent, watching*

A lady....wearing a sharp black dress came to the house. She was standing at the door, talking with Nanny, he remembered. She was pleading with her. About what he didn't know.

The lady entered into the nursery. Skeeter was trying to help Gonzo get over the swing set, but he kept dropping Camilla, and he wanted to do it with that little toy in his hands. All three of them stopped playing, when the new lady entered into the room. She knelt in front of Skeeter, smiling.

"Hello there, Skeeter." She had said.

Scooter watched Nanny. She looked like she was crying in the hall. The lady stepped forward, still crouched down. She had her hands extended, ready to hug Skeeter. Skeeter walked closer to her, smiling.

"Hi! Who are you?" Skeeter asked her.

The lady smiled, tears flowing down her face. "I...I'm your new mother, Skeeter."

Skeeter stopped walking. She stared at the new lady, then she looked back at Scooter, who was still sitting in front of his small computer. He had stopped typing, staring as well.

"You're our new mother...right?" She asked, curious.

The lady stood up, she saw the little boy in front of that laptop, his thick black glasses almost glinting from the soft light the computer made. Her expression dropped. She didn't know their was two of them. She had only wanted Skeeter. She smiled a little bit, and knelt back down in front of Skeeter.

"I...I'm sorry sweetie. But I can only take you back with me. I don't....I don't have room for your brother."

Skeeter started to cry, the lady gently picked her up and cradled her in her arms. Nanny walked down beside the lady and grabbed her arm.

"Please....take them both. I...I'll even do the paperwork for you!! Just take both of them, they're twins!! Please!!"

The lady shook her head sadly, and started to leave the nursery. In a split second, both Gonzo and Scooter were around her, one on each leg.

"Don't take her lady!!!" Gonzo yelled at her. All Scooter could do was cry. Skeeter was also crying, but the lady had a tight grip on her, so she couldn't move.

"I'm just sorry, children! Please, let me move!!!"

Nanny could do nothing. She was powerless to change what had happened. She pried Scooter and Gonzo off of that lady's leg. The two walked down back into the nursery, and they sat there.

Scooter: ...why did that happen....

Renee: *crying into her tissues, watching this very sad scene.*

The two toddlers didn't know what to do. It was lonely in that nursery. Gonzo pulled out a toy harmonica and played a soft little tune. It didnt' really mean anything then. Scooter thought, looking back at it, that Gonzo didn't even know what he was playing. It struck his heart when rewatching this painful memories he knew what his friend had played.

It was Gonzo's song. Deep within that black space, Scooter was singing to himself.

"This looks familiar.....vaguely familiar,
Almost unreal, yet, it's too soon to feel yet...."

He choked on his own words....remembering that same day, back in the nursery. Gonzo never sang that song, yet he played that sad slow melody on his little toy harmonica....

"Close to my soul.....and yet so far away.
I'm going to go back there someday..."

He curled up, wishing he could see his sister again....he never played with them enough....he never was there enough he thought.....he missed his friends his heart breaking again....

----------

Gonzo was clasping Scooter's hand. The monitors beeping softly. It was almost 2 hours since he had gotten out of surgery now....he still hadn't woken up.

"..Sun rises, night falls, sometimes the sky calls.
Is that a song there....and do you belong there?
I've never been there, but you know the way.
We're going to go back there someday...."

Gonzo was softly singing to Scooter. He wanted to speak, but...no words had come forth....so he decided he'd sing. That might give some comfort to him....

"Come and go with me...it's more fun to share,
We'll both be completely at home in midair.
We're flyin', not walkin', on featherless wings.
We can hold onto love like invisible strings."

Kermit and Piggy joined in, hoping maybe....just maybe....

"There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met."

By then, everyone was singing softly, in that small room. Rowlf had pulled out his small harmonica...and was playing it now. Robin had curled up on Scooter's chest, watching his sleeping face. Hoping he'd wake up soon. That he would be alright again.

"Part heaven, part space, or have you found your place?"
You can just visit, but I plan to stay.
We're going to go back there someday.
We're going to go back there someday...."

Gonzo started to cry, laying his head on the bed beside Scooter. He wanted his friend to wake up so badly now. Everyone was so worried. Piggy dug around in her purse, and she saw her old blue hankerchief. She started to sob now, hugging onto Kermit tightly.

"Oh...Kermie.....why won't he wake up yet??"

"I don't know Piggy....I....I just don't know."

Everyone: *Is just about bawling now, crying so hard into each other's shoulders.*

Chapter Nineteen

Skeeter sat in the small cafeteria, looking at a cup of coffee. She wasn't drinking it, just...staring at it. Kermit walked down the hall, his flippersteps seeming to echo soundlessly through the short hall. He stopped, seeing Skeeter. He looked like he was going to pass out right there from emotion. He walked further into the room, and he stood at the edge of the small table Skeeter sat at.

She looked up at him, and she didn't smile. Her face showed no emotion right then. She looked so tired, and Kermit could feel for her, he knew what she felt.

"Hey, Kerm." She started to stand up from the table, trying to find something else to say...."Do you want some coffee...or something?"

Kermit was silent, looking at Skeeter still.

A few moments passed between the two. Silence....usually Kermit craved those sweet moments. But now, he dreaded it.

"It's Nanny...something's wrong, Skeet."

Skeeter stood still for a second. The cup still in her hands. She felt her breath catch in her throat.

The cup slipped out of her hands, and she wanted to run again. Run to Nanny....but...her exhaustion overtook her. She passed out cold right then. Kermit knelt down and picked her up, firemen style. He walked slowly back to the room with her.

Sadie: The emotion was too much for her.

Renee: Yeah, apperently whenever she felt like she simply had to get there, she ran with all of her strength, but this time, she was runned out.

--------------

"Nanny...??" Fozzie held her hand, and he looked at her. He didn't know what else to say to her. It was as if his Ma was going through this, instead of Nancy.

Gonzo stayed beside Scooter's bed. He wished he would wake up....

Piggy just stayed in her seat, watching Nancy from across the room. She was gripping her blue hanky, sniffling still.

"How do you know, Nanny?" Rowlf asked her simply, holding her other hand. He wished he could play for her...something soft, to make her happy.

She smiled....all of her children were there. Except Kermit and Skeeter. Then he saw the two enter. Kermit wasn't sure what to do with the passed out Skeeter, so he gently set the girl in Nancy's lap. She woke up, and looked into Nancy's face.

"Hi, Nanny." Skeeter scooted over so she was sitting on the armrest now, and not in her lap. "What's wrong??"

Nancy wasn't sure what to say. She still wished Scooter would wake....then....then she thought, she could pass on....with everyone with her.

Gonzo's eyes widened, and Piggy felt like screaming happily just then....when they saw what they saw.

------------

Scooter heard the song.....he heard his friends......they loved him.....he loved them......it would be all better again, he thought. He struggled, trying to move past his memories.....it was hard.

Scooter: *Smiles.*

"....uhh.....oh....wh...." He mumbled, his eyes opening slowly. He only saw shapes and colors, a dark blue, then a darker green.

Gonzo reached forward and hugged Scooter tightly, and Robin then scrambled up near his head, hugging his head.

"SCOOTER! You're ALRIGHT!!!" Gonzo yelled, he was so happy just then.

"Everybody!! Scooter's awake!!" Piggy screamed, and everyone turned their heads towards Scooter. Rowlf held Nancy's hand, and he smiled.

"Hey, Nanny. Scooter's awake." He whispered in her ear. He knew she was dying as they spoke, but he had a feeling she was holding on...for his sake.

Sadie: Why didn't you give Kermit this part?

Renee: I've always seen Rowlf as eternally calm. No matter what happened he always kept his cool. Even when Kermit was breaking down and joining in on the chaos, Rowlf always seemed to keep steady.

"..Thank you Rowlf." Nancy opened her eyes a bit more, and she smiled. He was alright. She felt her heart was whole again. She had protected them as best she could, throughout her whole life. Although her soul was immortal, her body was not. At 66 years old, she felt like she had stayed long enough. She had just wanted to see almost of her 'children' one last time.

Scooter got the bed to sit him up, so he could see Nancy again. He could barely speak because of the ventilator they had him on during his surgery. He looked over at Piggy, and he touched her hand. He wanted her to get closer to him.

"Yes Scooter?" She asked, tears staining her makeup...she didn't care though.

"C-Could you tell Nanny....that I love her?" He turned his face away from her, his voice stratchy, his throat aflame with pain. "A...And I'll miss her?"

Piggy's eyes widened....he knew something that she didn't know. She looked over at Rowlf and Nancy and the others.

"Is something wrong with Nanny, guys?"

No one spoke, except for Rowlf, who still had his paws gently around Nancy's hand. "Yes....she is, Piggy. I mean...she...."

"I'm dying Piggy. Now, children...what did Scooter want to say?"

Tears escaped her eyes once more, and she looked at Nancy. "He said...that he loves you, and he'll miss you a whole lot, Nanny."

She smiled, and leaned back on the chair. Robin hopped off the bed, and he climbed into Nancy's lap. He looked up at her for a moment, then over at his uncle.

"Uncle Kermit....she's Nanny?"

"Yeah, Robin. She is. You...she's watched over you a few times as well."

"Oh wow. Uncle Kermit always talks about you, Nanny!!" He hugged Nancy gently, and she held him close. She saw an old book on the table beside her, she hadn't noticed it before. It was Winnie the Pooh. She smiled, and picked up the small book. She was dying, yes. But...she wanted their last memory to be a happy one.

Richard: Why Winnie the Pooh?

Renee: *Sniffles a bit, then smiles.* It's what my Grandfather read to me when he was in the hosptial. I was crying, and...he picked me up, and I laid in his lap, while he read Winnie the Pooh to me. I was only 6 years old when it happened. But....I always remember that last memory of him.

Kermit saw she held the book gently in her hands, looking at the cover.

Her voice was soft, untroubled by what she knew lay ahead of her. She gently opened the book, and turned to the first page..

"Would you like to hear a story children?"

Kermit laid his hand on her shoulder, he looked down into her face, a sad smile crossing his features. "Y-You don't have to, Nancy....you..."

"I'd like to Kermit." She smiled down at Robin, her gray hair brushing his head. He smiled, and snuggled into her. For some reason, he wasn't trouble either that he had heard this lady was dying. Maybe he didn't know what death was just yet, Nancy pondered.

She opened the book and began to read to them. As if they were in the nursery again.

Richard: I can just about see that fuzzy edge filter coming down. XD

Renee: ...you're messing up a tender moment.

Richard: It is true, isn't it?

Renee: Yeah, it is.

-----------------

It had appeared that Nancy had fallen asleep, in front of the book. Which she did. She had been slumbering peacefully, with Robin curled up in her arm, sleeping as well. Kermit watched Nancy carefully, and a moment later, he picked up Robin, and set him beside Scooter. Scooter held him close, he knew Nanny was close now.

Rowlf kept his paw gently on her hand again, he reached over, and gently felt under her chin. He felt nothing. No pulse. There was a small smile on her face, her free hand laid gently across the small old book, her other hand in Rowlf's paw. He gently laid her hand on top of the other one. Laying his head down on the armrest, Rowlf whined softly. He didn't know what to do. No one knew what to do then. Then Kermit walked out of the room, and looked down the hall. He went and spoke to the nurse for a moment, she nodded, and went to go call the local funeral home.

Piggy reached up, and gently laid a blanket over Nancy's legs. She wasn't really thinking when she did it. She knew she was dead...but....she didn't want her Nanny to be cold either...

Gonzo sat against the wall, Skeeter beside him. Skeeter just laid against Gonzo's chest, both of them silent.

Animal, suprisingly was quiet, the entire time. He wandered over to Nancy's chair, and he looked back at Floyd.

"Nanny....go bye-bye?" He asked, the normally wild thing as quiet as ever. All Floyd could do was nod his head. Animal looked down at the floor, beside Janice, where his drumsticks lay. He laid them in Nanny's lap, gently.

Robin stirred awake, in Scooter's arms. He saw everyone was so quiet. He looked up at Scooter, who was laying against the bed, tears welling in his eyes now.

"Scooter? I fell asleep...did she finish reading the story yet?" Robin asked quietly, looking over at Nancy. To him, she was sleeping still. A blanket over her legs, and Animal's drumsticks in her lap, beside the old book. Scooter glanced down at Robin, and hugged him tight.

"Yeah....she finished the story, Robin." His voice was very weak, and stratchy. "She finished it Robin."

Robin was going to ask when was she going to wake up, but instead he just curled up in Scooter's arm again, and went back to sleep. The little frog had been awake for nearly a whole day now, without slumbering.

Scooter just watched, as two men clad in white gently lifted Nancy onto a hospital gurney, and wheeled her out of his room. Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, and Rowlf followed them.

Sadie: ....*Is crying, watching this scene.* It's....so terribly sad and warm at the same time...

Chapter Twenty

Eli walked around the theatre, looking at the man fixing the lights.

"Did they tell you when they'd come back!?" He growled up at Clifford, who looked down from the light rigging, and ended up nearly falling off.

"NO MAN. Would you just SHUT UP and go sit down or something!? The gofer's in the hospital, I don't know when they'll be back, and I'm trying to fix this dang light, so unless you gonna help me up here, just shut up would'ya!?"

Richard: Snippy isn't he?

Eli watched Clifford a second, then his attention was drawn to the doors of the theatre. Kermit was helping wheel something into the theatre. It was Scooter, in a wheelchair the hospital had given him. They had told him, he wasn't to start walking for almost a week now. Everyone was sad, not really talking anymore.

"....I've made arrangements, Kermit. We'll give her a wonderful service and burial...I'm sure of it!" Sadie told Kermit, while walking in beside him and her son.

Piggy walked ahead of them, to go back to her dressing room, she needed to get something she said. It was really to fix her makeup and to think for awhile. She stopped cold in her tracks.

She saw the man in black again, the demon she had figured he was. He was sitting on the stage, a lit cigarette in his mouth. Puffing away.

"I see you've finally come back from that little trip of yours." He stated. He felt like taking someone's soul just then.....he was itching to create some havoc, some mayhem.

Scooter: I want to really hurt him. You've made him into the most hateable character haven't you??

Renee: Well, I might just win an award for "Most Hated Character" in a fanfiction!

Sadie: You'd probably win "Fastest Fanfiction Written" award.

Renee: *Laughs out loud hearing that.*

"Little TRIP?!" Sadie was absolutely furious now. She had kept her emotions of anger in line, but now, she just let all heck loose. A mother angered is not a thing one would like to see much of. She pratically flew at Eli, pinning him to the ground.

"My brother told me everything, Eli. You....YOU....."

"You what, Sadie? You're going to hurt me?" He smiled at her, from where he was on the floor, underneath her, he decided to let his true form show. Those little fangs in his mouth were positively vampire sized, and they could see his black tail coming from behind him. He gripped onto Sadie's arms, and lifted her clear into the air.

"I'd like to see you try, my sweet little wo---."

He let go of Sadie suddenly, and fell forwards onto the stage.

Uncle Deadly had another brick in his hand, one brick was laying on Eli's back now, from where it had struck him on his head.

Richard: YAH FOR UNCLE DEADLY!

Renee: Get the guy in his nether regions, that might've stopped him sooner. XD

"That will shut him up for awhile. Until his Father can get here." Deadly set the brick down on the floor, and he looked out to the rest of the muppets.

They were silent, some had their mouth open, but all of them were staring at what just happened.

Deadly was about to say something else, when a pillar of black flames and a pillar of white smoke both appeared on the stage. Death stepped out of the blackened fire, and over to Deadly.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY SON, DEADLY?" Death asked quite plainly. He was angry with his son, but he still did not like for others to harm him.

"I've merely made him less of a threat. He was going to try to harm Ms. Grosse, your deathlyness." He bowed slightly, moving out of Death's way, over to Sadie.

Sadie: ...What's up with Death? Why does he still care about his son??

Renee: Even if Scooter here, turned into death's little advocate, you'd still love it wouldn't you?

Sadie: Well....yeah, I guess so.

Eli moaned, feeling the back of his head, he felt the black thick blood on his hand now. He sat up for a second, and he turned his face towards Deadly, growling softly. He stood up, about to pounce, when a bony grimed hand thrust into his chest.

"SON. YOU WILL WALK NO FURTHER. YOU'RE THE ONE WHO HAS CAUSED ALL THIS MAYHEM. YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED FOR IT." Death was blazing black now, in anger, he gripped Eli by the shoulder tightly. They could him crumpling in pain underneath the iron grip.

Eli cringed and groaned in pain, as Death turned his head towards the others.

"I'M SORRY FOR WHAT HE HAS ATTEMPTED TODAY."

Kermit and everyone else said nothing, a few nodded. Then Death was gone as quickly as he had came, taking Eli with him. Life stepped forward and off of the stage. She looked quite sad, as she walked towards Scooter. She knelt in front of him, placing a delicate hand on his. He wanted to pull away for a second, he was quite scared.

"There's no need to be afraid, Scooter. I will not harm you." She said softly, she sounded a lot like Nanny he thought.

Kermit stood beside Scooter's wheelchair, holding on the handles to it, Gonzo and Rowlf were beside him. Piggy was halfway down the walkway, but she hadn't walked back towards them. She was still, listening where she was.

She gave Scooter a gentle kiss on his forehead, and she stood up addressing everyone.

"I'm sorry, for the grief my son, Eli had put you through."

'Son? Eli?' Kermit thought, it finally connected to him.

"You're Nanny's...Mother??" Kermit asked the spirit, shocked.

She laughed a little, smiling down at them. "Why yes. I am."

"Then...why did Nanny....leave us??" Scooter asked quietly, his voice still troubling him.

"She was getting too old, my child. She had been wanting to leave this mortal plane for quite sometime. But, she saw no way how to do it properly. Eli....he was wanting your soul, Scooter."

Scooter's eyes widened. He was that close to death the entire time.....

Scooter: And it never occured to me until then...

Renee: Shut up. *laughs out loud, watching his reactions.*

"But," She continuted "she asked her Father, Death to take her instead. She sacrificed herself for you Scooter. She is also the reason many of you are still alive to this day. Have you ever thought....why am I here? With many accidents, and explosions? Falling downs, and crumplings? ..And Gonzo's spectular stunts?" That last line, she smiled at Gonzo.

Piggy had walked back towards them now. She watched the spirit of light speak to them all. Everyone was deep in thought, either remembering what Nanny had done for them that they knew, or what they had learned.

"She helped save us....and we never even knew it."

--------------

Kermit and everyone else were standing outside in the cold rain. The snow had turned to slush, and they were wrapped up in dark clothes, battling the cold wind and the soaking rain.

Richard: A very sad scene. Nice atmopshere for it.

Renee: I had to think about it.

It was a few hours after the service.

Eariler Gonzo had spoke of how Nancy never let him give up his dream of climbing the highest mountain...even if he was wearing only his underwear and socks. And Piggy told of the first time Nancy taught her and Skeeter how to wear makeup and dress like all pretty young ladies should do. Fozzie told a few jokes, that he remembered Nanny loved. No one laughed, but they didn't boo either. They all just smiled.

Rowlf played the piano the entire service, although he did not speak on her behalf, it's what he contributed for her. Kermit sang a touching song, at that moment, he forgot what he even sang. Animal had tried to play 'Taps' on his drum, while Zoot played it on his saxophone. For once, he didn't eat the drums at all.

Scooter: Why would he forget what he had sung?

Renee: ...I wasn't sure at first what he would have sung anyways, so...I just had him forget it.

Scooter and Skeeter did not speak at the service. But they were the last out of the church. Skeeter wheeled her brother outside to the gravesite, where she lay. The earth had already started to settle.

"You missed the burial, guys." Gonzo said, quite plainitively.

Skeeter looked down at the area, a few purple and red roses laying on top. "I know. We....we..."

"We wouldn't have been able to take it guys. So we stayed behind." Scooter said, his arms folded across his lap. Ever since the surgery, because of the stitches, they wouldn't let him walk, until a month had passed. It was still only a week after the fact.

Skeeter faked a small laugh, trying to smile. "Plus, bros new wheels here kept getting caught in the mud." She tried to laugh, but it quickly died down.

Everyone was quiet for a moment.

Scooter was the most quiet there, looking down at the grave. His hands reached around to the back of his wheelchair, and he pulled out that old beat up guitar.

He started to sing. "If just one person believes in you, deep enough, and strong enough, believes in you...hard enough, and long enough, it stands to reason, that someone else will think "If he can do it, I can do it."

Piggy joined in, starting to smile. She remember how Nanny had cared for them, unconditionally, "Making it: two whole people, who believe in you deep enough, and strong enough, believe in you. Hard enough and long enough..."

Kermit joined in, grasping Piggy's hand. He remembered when Nanny had always made sure no one ever felt too small or unsiginfant. That they could do anything they set their hearts too. "There's bound to be some other person who believes in making it a threesome. Making it three.....people you can say: believe in me....."

Then Rowlf joined in. "And if three whole people, why not -- four? And if four whole people..."

Everyone, at that small gravesite, joined in singing, that sweet beautiful song. Nanny had taught them when they were little. Whenever they felt bad, she sang that song for them.

"Why not--more, and more, and more....and when all those people, believe in you, deep enough, and strong enough, believe in you...hard enough, and long enough..."

Soon it was only Scooter singing, strumming his old guitar, smiling as he looked down at the gravesite. He knew Nancy was watching over them, wherever she was now. "It stands to reason that you yourself will start to see what everybody sees in you..."

Scooter: *Grabs a tissue from Renee's box, and blows his nose in it.* ...very touching, Renee...

---------------

Two lone figures stood at the edge of the gravestone. Watching all of them singing.

"You raised them well, my child. They still have much care and joy to spread to this world you know." Life replied to Nancy, who was smiling with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, they do." She smiled, with tears in her eyes. "And thank you..."

Nancy watched as Scooter stopped playing, and he bent forward the chair, one arm holding onto the armrest, the other grasping a small bunch of flowers.

"Thank you Nanny. For all you've done for us. We'll miss you."

With that, they slowly filed away from the gravesite. Talking about the winter show they still had to do. Kermit had agreed eariler, they would dedicate it to Nancy.

Richard: BRAVO! Such a beautiful well-thought out story, Renee!!

Renee: WAIT!!! There's more, Richard!! Just watch!! =D

Epilogue

It was only a week after the funeral had happened. It was all happening too fast, Scooter thought. He was back in his room, sitting on his bed, the wheelchair beside him. He looked down at himself for a moment. Nearly 40 sitches to close him up. Another 30 or so inside of him, to suture everything up, after the transplant....The doctor's told him it was amazing he got so better so quickly.

He knew it was because of his friends love...and because of Nancy that he was better. He stood up and walked slowly over to his closet, to get dressed that morning. He was going to go ahead and put on his new tuxedo, because he couldn't very well get dressed a second time later that night. He had the undershirt on, when he heard a small knock on the door.

Scooter: Uh-oh. I'm not supposed to be walking, yet I'm up?

Renee: I used to do that all the time, after I had sprained my knee and ankle.

He looked over at the bed, he was almost 5 feet away from it. He could walk...but he wasn't quite up to speed just yet. He frowned, knowing whoever it was, was going to chew him out over him being up and about.

"Uh....come on in. I'm...well I'm as decent as I can be, alright?" He replied to the closed door. It opened, Kermit was standing there.

He saw his gofer standing there, a pair of pants in his hand, undershorts on, and a unbuttoned white shirt and vest on. He was barefoot. He frowned, tapping his flipper on the floor.

Scooter: ...I'm in my boxers....

"You know you aren't supposed to walking yet." Kermit smiled a bit, walking over to him. "You could pull those stitches out again."

Scooter smiled, seeing him smile. Kermit pointed to the bed, and he grabbed the pants from Scooter, picking up the tuxedoe's jacket from the closet.

The same old dance played out as it had for the past 2 weeks.

Someone came in, and helped him get dressed, at least pants and shoes wise. He wasn't supposed to bend over, because the first time he did that....he had to go back to the hospital and get re-stitched.

Scooter: And that's kind of embrrassing...

Renee: Not really. It's just what had to be done, that's all.

As Kermit got Scooter's right shoe on, Scooter frowned a little bit. Kermit looked up at him.

"What's wrong, Scooter?"

"I hate feeling so useless, Kermit. I caused us to have this show postponed. We'll probably not even get as many people in as we could have last time..."

Kermit patted his knee, smiling. "Scooter. You're not useless, you couldn't help what had happened. I don't think any of us could have changed it either."

Scooter nodded, and grabbed the wheelchair, turning it around, and hauling himself in it.

"And I will tell your Mother and Uncle if I see you out of that thing tonight. Got it?" The frog said firmly, but with a smile on his face.

"Right Chief!!" Scooter said, a bright smile on his face. He turned his head around slightly, making sure his clipboard and everything he needed was in the back of the chair, then he made his way down the new ramp that everyone had pitched in to build in the boarding house, and within a moment or two he was outside of the house.

So Scooter wouldn't feel ashamed or silly...everyone wore their tuxes and new dresses outside the house, on the way to the theatre.

Sadie: Very sweet of them. :smile:

--------------

The theatre was absolutely packed that night. No seat was empty. Scooter was everywhere in that backstage that night.

"HEY!! No eating the props, Behemoth!! Animal save the drums for your act, we don't have anymore back there!!!"

He suddenly felt himself being pushed ahead and around, then in circles, he started to get a bit dizzy. He shifted to see who it was.

"Hey little bro!" Skeeter said happily. She was wearing a beautiful yellow dress, with some pretty bracelets and other jewelery she had borrowed from Miss Piggy. Her hair was in a georgous upswept style.

"Oh! Hey Skeeter!! Wh...what are you doing back here?"

"Kermit asked me to keep an eye on you."

"...I don't need to be watched after, Skeet. I'm a grown man you know." He looked to the side, he didn't like being treated like some small child.

"It's just to make sure you can keep up with everything! And...that you learn your act."

"My...act?"

"Yeah...he didn't tell you yet??"

"No...I dont' have an act. I was just going to come out with everyone else at the end.."

"You're the finale, Scooter." She handed him his old guitar, and she smiled.

"We'd better go learn it, really quick then."

--------------

"Hi everyone!!! Welcome to the Muppet's Winter Splendor Show! I'm your host, Kermit the Frog, and this show is dedicated to a wonderful lady, Ms. Nancy Takashi. She helped us when no one else would." He looked out over the audience, looking past them for a second. "And this show is for her."

"For our first act of the night we have Auntie Eleanor and Uncle Deadly singing a beautiful duet; 'It Had to Be You', Uncle Deadly and Auntie Eleanor, YAAAYY!!" Kermit walked off to the right of the stage, still yelling happily, the curtains pulling away.

Richard: Uncle Deadly and Auntie Eleanor?

Renee: I just loved that. XD

Uncle Deadly walked out on the stage, with Eleanor right behind him.
A wintery ghoulish backdrop appeared behind them. It had a haunted mansion, repainted to depict a beautiful wintery wonderland, while they walked under real twisted trees.

Uncle Deadly sang, in his beautiful baritone voice, to Eleanor, "Why do I do, just as you say, why must I just, give you your way, why do I sigh, why don't I try - to forget." He looked to the side, smirking, "I always seem to forget, my love...."

"You certainly do!"

Eleanor joined in, smiling towards her handsome old dragon, "It must have been, that something lovers call fate, kept me saying: "I have to wait, I saw them all, just couldn't fall - til we met.."

Then both of them in harmony sang together. Streaks of lighting lit up the 'sky' behind them, as they sang. "It had to be you, it had to be you, I wandered around, and finally found - the somebody who could make me be true, and could make me be blue!!"

Eleanor laughed softly, wrapping her arms around him, as they walked an sang the song. The sound of flying bats filled the air. "Oh VERY blue, my dear!!!"

Uncle Deadly chuckled, "Yes, my dearest...And even be glad, just to be sad - thinking of you. Some others I've seen, might never be mean. Might never be cross, or try to be boss but they wouldn't do For nobody else, gave me a thrill - with all your faults, I love you still It had to be you, wonderful you, It had to be you"

Then the two of them, walked back towards the backdropped house, and simply dissappeared, the audience clapped loudly, it was only the opening act, but they loved it so much.

Sadie: Quite a beautiful song, Renee.

Renee: I just hope ol' blue eyes dosn't sue me. >_O

Then, Fozzie came on, telling some really bad jokes. He had picked the one's Nanny loved again....but still they were horrible. So everyone booed him off of the stage, as usual.

Gonzo came on, and dragged his cannon out onto the stage. "And Ladies and Gentlemen! I, The Great Gonzo, will shoot myself out of this cannon, only wearing my underwear and socks, while Camilla and the others here clucks "The Star Spangled Banner" He lowered himself into the cannon. "HIT IT LADIES!!"

And he went zooming across the audience, and he landed into the balcony pit. "TA-DA!!"

Scooter: Underwear and socks?

Renee: Think back to the funeral services...

Scooter: 'He spoke of how Nanny told him he could climb the highest mountain, even only in his underwear and socks...' Perfectly funny.

"Ta-Da?" Stalder chuckled.

"More like Ta-Don't!! Do-Ho-Ho-Ho!!" Waldorf laughed, as Stalder joined in; as Gonzo fell backwards, still smiling.

Miss Piggy came out, and sang a song with Kermit. But for someone, he wasn't even really watching it wholeheartedly.

-----------

Scooter was reading his clipboard in the backstage area. He was nervous. If they had let him walk any, he'd be pacing the entire backstage area right now. Every time he did try to get up, either Skeeter or Sadie would push him back down into his wheelchair.

"I have to sing this, Skeeter?? All alone??"

"No, silly. I'll go out there with you. And after the first few lines, everyone else will join in with us. You know how that song goes anyways."

He looked down, he did know it. He just wished he didnt' have to sing it in front of all those people.

------------

Everyone: *Just silent, watching this beautiful scene. No words can comphrend the beauty of it.*

"Alright! I hope everyone has enjoyed our Winter Splendor Show tonight, and we have one last thing, that we hope will send you home with love and rememberence in your hearts. Here is Scooter, and Skeeter, singing, "Just One Person." He ducking backstage, while everyone was getting ready to go onstage.

Skeeter gently wheeled Scooter out onto the stage, it seemed eerily empty to him. He grasped his guitar, and looked back at her, he looked petrified to her. She leaned against him, and gave him a hug.

"Come on, Scooter. We can do this." She whispered. "She's here you know...she'd love to hear it again, I'm sure."

Scooter nodded, and played a few notes on the old guitar, his foot tapping slowly in time with it.

He started to sing, a bit sadly at first, wondering if he could even do it.

"If just one person, believes in you, deep enough, and strong enough, believes in you...hard enough, and long enough, It stands to reason, that someone else will think "If he can do it, I can do it."

Skeeter joined in, smiling. She stood beside his wheelchair onstage, singing with all her heart. "Making it: two whole people, who believe in you Deep enough, and strong enough, believe in you. Hard enough and long enough There's bound to be some other person who...believes in making it a threesome...

Sadie walked out stage then, singing beautifully. Scooter had never heard his mother sing before. "Making it three.....People you can say: believe in me.....

Then Kermit and Piggy walked out onstage, singing with their hearts as well. "And if three whole people, Why not -- four? And if four whole people, Why not--more, and..."

By that time, all of the muppets were onstage, gathered around Scooter, their singing almost drowning out his lone guitar. "...More, and more...."

All the larger monsters came behind them all, starting to sing with them. "And when all those people, believe in you, deep enough, and strong enough, Believe in you...Hard enough, and long enough...It stands to reason that you yourself will start to see what everybody sees in you..."

They all quieted down, to where it was only Scooter singing now. The guitar suddenly sounded so loud to his ears, but he kept on playing, and although the audience couldn't see it. He was crying as he sang. "And maybe even you, Can believe in you.......too!"

Kermit walked in front of the rest of them, and started to bow, which everyone else did, like a wave it seemed.

"Thank you for coming to see our Winter Splendor Show....We hope you remember what Nancy Takashi has done for us, and what you can do for others this holiday season!! Thank you and we all hope you have a WONDERFUL NIGHT!!!"

Everyone cheered onstage, the audience did a standing ovation. Skeeter started to wheel Scooter out to the front, he was pulling on her, to get her to stop. He whispered urgently to her.

"Skeeter...I'm not supposed get out of this thing!!"

"I'll help you with it then." She gently lifted him out of his wheelchair, and with Sadie's help they walked beside Kermit near the front edge of the stage. Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie and all who could fit up there, walked on both sides of them. Everyone bowed at the same time, with Skeeter and Sadie holding Scooter up, so he wouldn't fall.

Richard: ...wow. Such....such....wow. I'm speechless.

The curtains closed, and Scooter sat backwards on the stage. He could hear them cheering now. He smiled up at his Mom and his sister. Then over at Kermit and everyone else.

"I...I..."

Kermit just smiled, and extended his hand to Scooter, he took it, and Kermit hauled him to his feet. Then he hugged him.

"Thanks Boss."

"We should be thanking you, Scooter."

Scooter didn't say a word, but Fozzie stepped forward, a small smile on his face.

"We almost forgot...what family was, Scooter."

"But you helped us remember." Piggy added.

"And that's why we thank you, Scooter." Gonzo said last. Everyone nodded their heads.

Scooter had thought...he had lost his family. He had been searching when he could, for them. When in fact....most of his family was already here, and he never seemed to realize it.

-~-~-The End-~-~-

Renee: *Dabs eyes, smiling.* Thank you for taking the time to read our commentary, and read my story!

Richard: I loved this story, it was so beautiful, like poetry in motion!!!

Scooter: Just georgous....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Glad we got some of these sorted out. The commentaries sometimes add a bit of depth to an already rich story like this.
BTW: The bit about staring down Death, only Mandy would do that...
Reference to the Cartoon Network show I watch, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

Hope you're OK Renee... Looking forward to whatever's next from your superb writting talents.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
It was a beautifully written story, Renee, and heart-rending. You and I clearly both love Scooter, I can tell.

Got a bit of a grin out of the commentary; nice to see Richard Hunt make an appearance. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Welcome to the forums here at Muppet Central, MuppetNewsGirl.

You should check out Renee's other stories tied in to this vein. Or if you want a print copy, check out the info to get one in the "Challenge and Contribution" thread in the Friends and Family part of the forum.
Hope you have a good time exploring all the zaniness here.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, Count. Truth be told, I actually first stumbled across Renee's trilogy on fanfiction.net, so I've already read them, and I do like them. I think I'll look into getting a print copy eventually.

As for all the zaniness...well, I come from an exceedingly zany family, so I feel more or less at home here.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Wow. Yeah, I forgot I put them up on fanfiction.net as well!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Kermit voice: Oh good. Uh, you do know there's a fourth story right? That one's "Is That A Song There?" found here in the Fan Fiction and Fan Art section also.
And if you want a print version, I encourage you to contact Renee directly. Like I said, enjoy your stay here.

*Penguin shows up holding cue card saying "Welcome!".

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Count said:
*In Kermit voice: Oh good. Uh, you do know there's a fourth story right? That one's "Is That A Song There?" found here in the Fan Fiction and Fan Art section also.
And if you want a print version, I encourage you to contact Renee directly. Like I said, enjoy your stay here.

*Penguin shows up holding cue card saying "Welcome!".

Yes, I have yet to post "Is That A Song There?" on fanfiction.net. As I believe I lost....wait I didn't!

I'll be posting it immediately! *Dashes off to post at fanfiction.net*

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Ah so you were actually thinking of writing something like this before Count gave his suggestion Sara. Well you know what they say Count and Sara? Great minds think alike.:wink:

You have a truly great mind to come up with such a remarkable concept my friend and Count it's almost like you read Sara's mind when you suggested this sequel that she was already considering.

You must keep writing Sara. You have really fabulous stories hidden inside your head to share with your friends.:smile: