FanFiction: Our Sweet Sound

Boppity

Reaction score
'Tis my first Muppet fanfiction! I'm pretty nervous about posting it...I don't think the first few chapters are too funny...I doubt myself too much haha.

Anyway, this is my version of the Electric Mayhem backstory. I hope you enjoy it :]

-----
Janice woke to the sound of a piano playing a jazzy melody. She recognized the tune, but couldn’t quite place the name. It was something she used to hear when she was little, back when she was safe in her parents’ house. The blonde shook the thought from her head and stood up from the couch, letting the hem of Dr. Teeth’s shirt fall above her knees. She looked around the room again, at all the various colorful and trippy things scattered about, clashing nicely with the red wood covering the walls and floors. She picked a fringe-covered vest up from the bed and smiled.

Dr. Teeth was being too nice…though she -was- tired of sleeping on park benches (even if the last one was very nice) and it felt good to be clean again. Janice didn’t have much money on her and couldn’t pay him or anything. The only other things she had were what few of her important trinkets she could fit into her purse and her guitar. She hoped he wouldn’t ask for that!
She decided to think about it when the time came and left the room, into the bare hallway and down the stairs into the pub.

Dr. Teeth saw her enter from the corner of his eye as he played to his audience of furniture and bottles. She was young, or at least she looked so, so how was it that she didn’t have a home? If he hadn’t come along, she might have gone with someone who would have taken advantage of her! Still, he knew that he shouldn’t ask about such personal things, not just yet anyway. Fixing his gaze on the keys in front of him, he finished with a flourish.

“Like, that was rully great!" She said.

“Thanks, baby!" He turned on the bench to face her. “Is everything passable?"

“Yeah, like, thanks for letting me stay here, but I don’t have any-” Dr. Teeth waved one of his hands slightly.

“Worry not, il mio ospite! I don’t pay for this place, so it’s no trouble.” He took one of the seats off of a nearby table and set it upright on the floor, motioning for her to sit.
“Anyway, Janice, I-”

The phone behind the bar rang, cutting him off. He slid off the bench and picked up the receiver.

The whole place had a nice, homey feel to it, Janice reflected. It was dark, but not too dark. She imagined that when it was open, there would be soft chatter everywhere, maybe smoke in the air. She looked at Dr. Teeth, who was talking animatedly. She wasn’t sure if it was an act of rebellion, newfound freedom, or just a feeling that she could trust him that allowed her to take him up on his offer to stay with him. She supposed to others, he might look shady, but she knew that there was no way he was a bad person.

“No, no, man, put Zoot back on! No…hey! What in the seven heck are you saying?" His voice was rising and he appeared to be getting more and more frustrated as he stayed on the phone. “Get Zoot! No, just…just tell him to call me back.” He hung up the phone, shaking his head. “I can’t stand the Swedish.”

“Like, what have the Swedish done?" Janice asked.

“Articulated.” Dr. Teeth said with a laugh and a widening of his eyes. The phone rang again.
“Yeah man?" He answered. “Yeah, that’s cool. I’m bringing someone with me.” He flashed a golden smile at Janice. “Sure thing, and tell the chef not to answer the phone anymore…needs to stay in the kitchen…no, I haven’t talked to Boppity yet, either…Yeah, yeah…okay. Later, man.” He hung up the phone and walked out from behind the bar. “Hope you don’t mind that I reserved a seat for you at dinner tonight with a friend of mine.”

“Oh, thanks. Like, your doing so much for me!"

“No problem, baby!" He patted her shoulder lightly. “Oh, by the way, bring your guitar with you. My man Zoot, he plays sax, and I thought you might like to engage in what always has and will be an amazing collaboration of musical membranes.”

-------

Zoot glared at the couple sitting at his table from behind his large sunglasses. He didn’t really have the heart to tell them to move, but the sight of that annoying purple lady and her date, laughing and scoffing together at the table that was promised to be his just made him so mad!...Not that he was going to do anything about it.

“Hey Zoot!" Dr. Teeth’s voice echoed from the restaurant’s door. The man himself appeared seconds later, followed by a tall, thin blonde girl holding a guitar case. Zoot fell into Teeth’s embrace, getting the wind knocked out of him when he was patted roughly on the back. He was used to it. “This is Janice…” He led the blonde girl forward and she smiled brightly. She probably wasn’t at all quiet, not like him.

“Thanks for, like, letting me eat with you guys.” She said in a low valley-girl voice.

“Yeah, um, yeah.” He was going to say “yeah, man," but the last time he said that to someone who talked like her, he was lectured (quite loudly) on why it was wrong.
Teeth took her guitar case and threw it into the coat check room, an unceremonious crash following. Zoot passed Janice an apologetic look.

“We’ll get to that later.” Dr. Teeth said. He placed an arm around each of their shoulders and led them to the seating area. Zoot cringed internally; the couple was still sitting at their table. “Them again?" The pianist sighed, removed his arms from around his companions, and made his way to the table, leaving Zoot and Janice in the middle of the room.

Zoot wasn’t very good at small talk, or, for that matter, big talk. Especially not with someone he just met. Besides, this girl was young! Zoot already felt old because of his balding, but this? And he began to wonder, what was this girl to Dr. Teeth? He didn’t think he liked younger women, but who knew with that man.

“So, like, Dr. Teeth says you play the sax.” Said Janice, sensing his uneasiness.

“Yeah, man…um.” He sighed; she didn’t seem to be an intense feminist.

“You look like you’d be rully good. Like, I can tell.” She grinned.

“Um, yeah.” He returned the smile. “You look good too. Er, like you’d be good. At playing guitar.” She laughed, rather bubbly, too. Her attention then turned from Zoot to the table, where the man who was sitting there had pulled out a mop from nowhere and was hitting Dr. Teeth with it. Surprisingly, or maybe not so much, no one tried to break up the fight.

“Oh, George…” The older lady called, waving her hand nonchalantly. “George, let’s just leave. I’m sure Dr. Tooth will make it up to me somehow…take me dancing, hmm?"

“Just leave.” Dr. Teeth said definitely, shaking his head.

“In my day, people re-spec-ted their elders!" George scoffed, leaving quickly, his companion gliding after him.

“Thanks, man.” Zoot nodded and let Janice lead the way to the table. The three took their seats.

“Don’t mind those two.” Dr. Teeth told Janice. “There’s a whole lot of amicable people in this town. I think you’ll like it here.”

“I already do!" She smiled, then turned to Zoot. “So, like, do you play gigs full time?"

“No, I, um…” He paused. “…?" Dr. Teeth laughed.

“Zoot skipped a groove again!" The good doctor said. “He works for an independent, underground, and autonomous magazine, creating the visual expositions and the ever-popular iambic pentameters and dactylic hexa- .”

“Free verse, man, free verse!" Zoot interjected. “Shakespeare’s scary business.”

“Oh, wow!" Janice voiced.

“It’s not that good…” He averted his eyes.

“Nonsense, I would be in a loving relationship with your work if I could!" Dr. Teeth said proudly.

“Um, thanks, man.”

After dinner, the three headed towards Zoot’s place. He lived with the rest of the people who worked with him in a tall gray building not too far from the restaurant. The upper floors were reserved for housing, and the bottom floors were used for layouts, typing, research, and the always favored eating. When the three entered the rather unorganized place, they were greeted with a dull chorus of greetings.

“Oh, good, Zoot!" Cried the only enthusiastic voice. A blue frackle appeared from a pair of gray swinging doors. “And Dr. Teeth!" He added after seeing the pianist.

“Hey, man.” Zoot greeted, staring in the wrong direction.

“Did he call?" Dr. Teeth asked.

“Yes!" Boppity replied happily. Then his face turned sour. “But he didn’t leave his number or anything and didn’t say when he’d call back.”

“Again?" Zoot sighed.

“Did he say when he’d come by?" Asked Dr. Teeth.

“A few months or something like that.” Boppity recalled. “Line was fuzzy. Either a few months, or a few tenths.”

“Oh, like, what’s wrong?" Janice asked.

“Thanks, anyway.” Teeth told the frackle. He led the way to the stairwell. “About a year ago, we jammed with a cat named Lips. Him and Zoot go way back.”

“Too far back.” Zoot added.

“But he left for some sort of…spiritual journey or something, and he’s been, for the most part, MIA.”

“That’s a huge bummer.” Janice said.

They reached the top floor and entered Zoot’s dimly lit room. There was a lot of space, but not much there. Windows took up most of the wall space, giving the room the illusion that it was even bigger than it was. There were three full sized keyboards and one child’s keyboard pushed in the corner. A bed and two big chairs were the only things not pushed against the wall. In one of the plush chairs, his sax sat upright, gleaming proudly.

“I’ll go get some drinks.” Zoot stated after looking his sax over a few times to make sure nothing had happened to it.

“Oh, like, I’ll get it.” Janice volunteered. “Just tell me where it is.”

“Kitchen’s on the second floor.” Dr. Teeth supplied. The blonde left. Teeth pulled out two of his keyboards and plugged them in.

“Hey, man…” Zoot started, picking up his sax again. “She’s staying with you? What’s her deal?"

“Not a clue.” Teeth said simply, blowing off the light layer of dust off the keys. “I was out this morning and I heard her playing her guitar, and man, she’s can play! But she looked really tired and dirty. So I talked to her, and…She doesn’t have a home anymore.”

“Huh?" Zoot looked up.

“I don’t know why, I didn’t ask. She would have told me if she wanted me to know.”

“Ran away.” Zoot guessed.

“She’s not exactly a child.” Teeth stared at the door, “Besides…I don’t think she would because it would hurt whoever she was living with. I don’t think she’d want to cause that sort of pain on anyone.”

“Yeah.” Zoot reconsidered. “She’s not that kind of person.”

Dr. Teeth noted the softness in his voice and smiled.

“Hey, is Floyd’s old guitar here?" The pianist asked.

“Probably…in the…” Zoot ran out of words, but Teeth figured he meant the closet. Sure enough, there was an electric guitar and an amp sitting in the corner of the closet.
Janice returned carrying a few bottles of water. She was followed by the Swedish Chef who had somehow managed to roll his cart of food up the stairs.

“Out!" Dr. Teeth called. The chef winced and backed down a little.

“Oun umn yern snackies!" He said in his defense. Dr. Teeth advanced a bit and the chef took his cart back down the stairs. Somehow.

“That guy drives me mad…” He recomposed himself, then turned to Janice. “Ever play an electric?"

“Oh, yeah!" She smiled, setting the bottles down on the floor. “But, like, I had to leave it.”

Leave it where? Zoot wondered.

“Wanna play again?" He motioned towards the old guitar.

“Fer sure!" Janice exclaimed. “Like, you play guitar, too?" She asked Zoot.

“My man Floyd used to.” Zoot said. “Got bored with it.”

“Is he on a spiritual journey too?" She asked.

“No, he, ah," Dr. Teeth laughed a little. “He had to leave town for a while. See, there was…no, I’ll tell you later.” Even Zoot looked amused. “It involves a lady pig, a few too many trips on the subway, and a blender.”

“Oh, wow…”

“All right, enough stories, let’s jam!" Dr. Teeth announced. Janice plugged the guitar into the amp and quickly gave the strings a quick tuning. “Unu, doi, trei, patru--!"

Janice had never played with anyone else before but knew exactly what chords to play. It had been so long since she had played electric guitar and she missed what it felt like. She put her body into the music, her hair flying wildly around her. On her right, Zoot was putting his soul into each individual note he played, moving to the beat. Dr. Teeth stood in the center of the room, playing back and forth between his two keyboards, his hands performing a mad dance on the keys. The music lingered in the air and mixed with itself, then fell back down onto the three and showered them with a great feeling of content and filled their veins with fire.

Their electric mayhem carried on until the sun rose.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I like what I've read so far but I had to stop because it is hard on my eyes...
Do you think you could space out the dialogue so it is easier to read, pretty please? :smile:

Boppity

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't notice it bunched up like that o_o Sorry! Will fix~

Edit:...Fixed now, and I think I got all the u210D things out...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WOW! I am incredibly impressed! For your first fan-fic, this is just AWESOME! I really can't make any suggestions to you about having done something wrong, it all seems to flow very nicely! I'm liking it a whole lot! Everyone seems very in character and the dialogue is wonderful! I guess the only thing I have left to say is... MORE PLEASE! :big_grin:

Red Aeryn

Reaction score
Awww! I really liked this. The ending line was so fitting! :smile: Great job! :excited:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Wow, this is a really great story you got here. And not bad for your first one, either. Being a musician myself, I can totally understand what's going on. Can't wait for the next chapter to this amazing... story. Yeah, let's go with story again...

~AnimatedC

Boppity

Reaction score
Thanks, guys, these made my day! I'm glad you all like it. :] I'll try to have the next chapter up in a few days!

Boppity

Reaction score
Next chapter ahoy!

----
The sign indeed said “Xanadu Publishing,” but the building looked much more different than last time. Was it really on Remington Street? Maybe it was Salt Street? This wouldn’t be the first time he got lost, anyways...

“Lips!” A voice shouted from behind him. Lips turned around to see Boppity coming out from the building. “Nice soul patch!”

Lips merely nodded.

“You here to see Zoot? He’s in his room.” The frackle said. Lips nodded again and went inside, nodding at the people who greeted him. He made his way up to Zoot’s room and entered without knocking. Zoot was sitting on the floor, papers spread out everywhere. Lips knew this meant that the magazine deadline was soon and Zoot had procrastinated on whatever he was working on.

“Oh. Oh!” The sax player got up and embraced his friend. “Where’ve you been, man?”

“Everywhere.” Lips said. Zoot didn’t ask him to elaborate, he knew that Lips never said much unless it meant something. “Deadline?” He motioned towards the papers.

“I was walking and thinking at the same time.” Zoot explained. “I gotta get this stuff up before the tide comes in.”

Lips bent down and helped pick up the papers. He then noticed that there were boxes everywhere.

“You moving?”

“Yeah, man.” Zoot said, unusually talkative. “The band’s got it good now. We’re all moving in together. Actually…Teeth’s dad died about two weeks ago. He’s selling his pub so we can all live together.”

“All? Floyd isn’t-”

“No, man…he’d be dead if he came back now.” Zoot flipped through some of the things he picked up and pulled out a picture. “From our show last month. Her name’s Janice.”

“Huh. Seen her before.” Lips examined the picture closely. “Wanted for kidnapping and murder, been on the run for nigh on thirty years.”

“Man, she’s not even thirty.” Zoot said, taking the picture back.

“Oh. Well. It could have been.”

“She’s too nice for murder.” Zoot said absentmindedly. “When Teeth’s dad died…you know I’m not good at comforting people.” Lips nodded. “She was the one that was there for him, not me…she was the one who made him get through it. She never even met his dad, but she was crying for him. With him.”

“She sounds really nice.”

“Yeah. She is.”

The two picked up the rest of the papers and put them in a box, along with the rest of the books sitting nearby.

“What are you gonna do about it?” Lips broke the silence.

“What?”

“Her. You and her.”

Zoot blinked slowly. Lips knew him too well. “I dunno. What should I do?”

“You gotta figure it out for yourself, man.” Lips said. “Do what your heart wants.”

“Last time I did that, I woke up on a train to Connecticut.” The sax player said, his eyes growing distant, easing into that unpleasant flashback. “Anyway, you know that I have problems with that. I’m too quiet. You‘re the only one I talk a lot around ‘cause I‘ve known you for so long.”

“You’re not.” He said. He looked at the clock that was resting against the chair. “Man, it’s been great, but I gotta go soon.”

“Oh.” Zoot sighed. “The apartment has three rooms. We could stay together again. It’d be like private school all over again, but without the smells.”

“No can do, man.” Lips said getting up from the floor. “I’m going to Rome tomorrow.”

“That’s cool.” Zoot said, getting up as well. “Hey, I guess you can’t stop by and see Dr. Teeth before you leave, can you?” Lips shook his head. “Man, he’ll kill me if I saw you and he didn’t.”

“Talk to that girl before he kills you.”

Zoot sighed again before quickly scribbling down his new phone number and address and giving it to the trumpet player.

“Thanks. See you soon, man.” Lips said before walking out and leaving Zoot to his thoughts.

Janice had unpacked most of her belongings, which was much more than she had when she first moved in with Dr. Teeth. She had bought a few more clothes with the money she got from working at Hunt, a nearby coffee shop, and from what the band got from playing gigs. She had also received a lot more clothes from Dr. Teeth. The man seemed to get some sort of satisfaction from buying her things, almost like a grandfather doting on his grandchild.

She looked through her bag for her lighter which, upon reflection, was not the safest place for it. After finding it, she lit a stick of incense and blew on it softly, letting the smell of Nag Pacha cover the smell of paint.
She heard the door in the living room open again and heard Scooter’s voice fill the apartment.

“-and then we can paint the outside with really bright colors!…I dunno, but when I think about it, there’s a rainbow in my head!”

“There’s always a rainbow in my head, kid.” Janice heard Dr. Teeth reply. The blonde got up and left her room. It seemed like the stuff they had brought had multiplied, like a sea of never-ending boxes.

“Like, are you still talking about that bus?” She asked.

“Oh, yeah! Then you guys can go on tour!” Scooter said. Scooter worked with Janice at Hunt, even though he was a bit too young. His uncle apparently owned the coffee shop, so the staff was always afraid to criticize his performance. It wasn’t that he was a bad worker or anything, he was just a bit too…eager. Like a puppy.

“Oh, but you’re not old enough to drive.” She pointed out.

“No, but soon!” He said proudly.

“This is all of it, right, kid?” Dr. Teeth asked. He wasn’t quite back to his usual, affable self just yet.

“Looks like it!” Scooter looked around. “Hey boss, I gotta get back to work soon, that okay?”

“Yeah, I’ll get Zoot to drop off the van later.” The pianist said, looking over everything. “And don’t call me boss, kid.”

“Right, chief!” Scooter waved goodbye to Janice and sprinted out the door, slamming it behind him.

“How much of that coffee does he drink?” Teeth laughed lightly.

“Like, he’s a rully nice kid. He’s almost like a little brother.” Janice looked back into her room, then at Teeth who was surveying the room with little interest. “Was it rully okay to sell the pub? It must have meant a lot.”

“It does mean a lot.” Dr. Teeth agreed. “Holds a lot of memories. But I think I’m ready to move on.” He made his way over to the boxes at the back of the room. “Plus, place reminds me too much of dad, and I don’t want to keep living there if all it does is make me feel down.”

Janice nodded and followed him to start sorting out what went where.

Dr. Teeth really didn’t like talking about his dad around Janice. He was better than he was a week ago, but it seemed like she still got sad every time he mentioned him.
They had been living together for about five months now, but it now was like she had always been there. They had a nice routine when they lived above the pub, and now their routine would include Zoot. Teeth laughed to himself when he thought about how long it would take Janice and Zoot before they moved into the same room. Their affection for each other was obvious to everyone except each other. It was cute.

But something Teeth had noticed was that even though the three would talk about everything (well, Zoot didn’t do as much of the talking as the others), Janice rarely shared anything personal about herself. They still didn’t know why she left wherever she was before. Teeth must have told her his life story at least three times, but he only knew bits and pieces of her past. He and Zoot talked about it a few times and he told Zoot that he was the one who needed to ask her. The sax player, was, of course, confused as to why.

“Hey.” Zoot walked though the door, arms supporting a huge box. Dr. Teeth left to help him navigate through the mess.

“Did you walk all the way over here with that, man?” Teeth asked.

“I think so.” The sax player stared at was now his room. “It kinda went by in a daze. Oh.” He shuffled out of his room. “Lips, er, came by.”

“That’s aces!” He instantly brightened up.

“Yeah, man. ‘Till he left.” Zoot said quietly.

“Again?” The pianist sighed. “You couldn’t make him come by?”

“Something about Rome.” He said, shaking his head slowly. “Oh,” He turned to Janice. “He thinks you’re a murderer.”

“Awesome!” She laughed.

“Hey man, you want me to get the rest of your stuff? We got that kid’s van for the rest of the day.” Dr. Teeth suggested. “I’ll bring something back from Juhl’s for dinner.”

“Oh, like, you just don’t want to be around to unpack all this!” Janice smiled.

“That is the general intimation.” He nodded. “Back in a few hours!” It didn’t occur to the remaining two that the trip to Zoot’s old place, to Juhl’s, then back to the apartment would take less than an hour.

The first part of their time alone was spent trying to put everything away as quickly as possible. The only exciting moment was when something inside of one of Teeth’s boxes scared Zoot. When Janice looked, she found only an array of books, the one on top reading “Shakespeare.”

The process had gone much quicker than they expected, but by the time they were done, Dr. Teeth was still out. Also, they had discovered the nice apartment’s one drawback: lack of heat. As the sun began its descent, the two kept putting on more layers of clothes.

“We have a TV?” Zoot asked an hour later, staring suspiciously at the set that stood in the center of the room.

“Rully!” Janice said. “Like, Scooter let us have it.”

“Huh.” Zoot watched Janice fill up a mug with water and put it into the water heater. “Hey, Dr. Teeth's gonna kill me soon.”

“What?”

“Oh. Wait.” Zoot decided that perhaps that was not the best approach. “No, I lied.” Janice stared at him for a minute before putting her mug under the spout and let the steaming water flow.

Was this the first time they had been alone together? Janice pondered this as she added a tea bag into the water. No, there were loads of times, must have been…didn’t she think this same thought every time they were alone? How silly, she thought, she should just tell him that she likes him.
Although…Any time she had told someone she liked them…it didn’t go too well. The guy she liked wouldn’t be the same around her. She didn’t want to lose Zoot as a friend.
The water had now turned brown and Janice threw the bag away.

“Zoot, do you want-” Janice turned around to see that he had already fallen asleep on one side of the couch. It seemed to be a frequent habit with him. The blonde sat on the other side of the couch and turned the TV on, making sure the volume was low. She sipped at her tea and watched the end of some movie about a frog prince.

“The plot was completely predictable.” Zoot mumbled minutes later when the credits began to roll. Janice started a bit then laughed.

“Like, I thought you were asleep!”

“I can’t remember.” He sat up.

“How can you not remember?” She asked.

“Unless you start dreaming, how do you really know you’re asleep? Time could have jumped forward.” He explained.

“Oh, that’s true.” She nodded.

“Mm.” He looked behind him for a minute, looking at the dark color of the sky. “Where do you come from?” He asked unexpectedly.

“What?” The blonde asked.

“I’ve known you for five months and I don’t know that much about you.” Zoot surprised himself with how straightforward he was being.

“It’s not rully special or anything.” Janice replied. She got up and put her mug in the sink. “Like, you wanna know why I didn‘t have a home?” He nodded. “I was surprised you didn’t ask earlier.”

“Oh.” The sax player said simply. Dr. Teeth had asked him to ask her, it just took him this long to remember to find the words. “Was it bad?”

Janice made her way back to the couch and sat close to Zoot.

“I love music more than anything. Like, I dunno what I wanna do the rest of my life, but if I’m playing guitar I’ll be rully happy making others happy with music.” She told him with a small smile. “But, like, my parents didn’t think the same way.”

“You were still living with your parents?” Zoot asked.

“They have money.” She shrugged. “I didn’t rully have anyone to move in with anyway, and I don’t think I’d like living alone.” Zoot nodded. “Anyway, like, after a lot of fighting and a few uncomfortable months, they kicked me out. Like, they didn‘t give me any money or anything. I think they were expecting me to change and come back.”

“And you…?” Zoot started, but didn’t know just what to ask.

“Like, I was scared, for one.” She admitted. “Scared, upset, all those other clichés…but I knew it would work out. I wasn‘t going to change who I am. I like me.”

Zoot just stared at her. She had said that with such a straight tone. He didn’t have an exceptional relationship with his parents, but if they had done something like that back when he lived with them, it would have really hurt. And she had kept that inside for all this time? He suddenly felt very guilty for not asking earlier, but also a strong sense of admiration for her.

“You could have told me.” He said quietly, then adding, “Us.”

“Like, I didn’t wanna bother you guys with my problems.” She said simply. “It’s fine. Rully.”

“You can bother me.” Zoot replied. He reached out and cupped her chin gently, forcing her gaze towards him. “Tell me everything. I wanna know everything about you and everything that goes through your head.”

Janice couldn’t really think of anything to say to that, nothing that would make sense anyways. Inside her head, a small party was taking place. She just stared at his face, noticing the things she had never noticed before.

And then the phone rang.

Neither of them noticed it at first, but the caller would not be denied. Zoot let out a small sigh and got up, picking up the phone with dismay. Janice took the opportunity to laugh quietly into her sleeve.

But then something else popped into her mind. So…he did like her? But what if something happened, they got in a fight or something and…wouldn’t that hurt even worse than confessing your love and then losing the friendship? That was a scary thought. I’m being irrational, she thought. The blonde began to wish she had been in a relationship before so that she had experience in the matter.

“Okay, man.” Zoot hung up the phone and sat back on the couch.

“Who was it?” Janice asked.

“That Wayne guy.” He said, sounding a bit surprised. “Wanted Dr. Teeth.”

“Like…” Janice looked at the clock on the wall. “Shouldn’t Dr. Teeth be back by now?”

“What? Oh.” The sax player thought this over. “Maybe he flew away.”

“Do you think something’s wrong?” She asked, concerned.

“I’m sure he’s fine.” He said. Janice didn’t look relieved. “We can go and look for him.”

“Like, you don’t look too jazzed about that.” She pointed out.

“Well.” He said simply. He stood up, Janice following him to the door. He glanced at her from the corner of his eye. “I actually had more to say.” Zoot admitted.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Aww! The Janice/Zoot moments in this chapter were so sweet!

Cool, Lips came by. Even cooler, he talked to Zoot! I knew people would start to agree that they make a good duo!

Wait a sec... what more did you wany to say, Zoot? What more did you want to say! ?

Can't wait until the next chapter!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow! I just started reading and I am impressed! This is phenominal! I'd really like to read more, so I hope you update again soon!