Farewell Farah and Michael

Redsonga

Reaction score
Big MJ fan here. Like, own every album/ know every song fan. This is heartbreaking. I always wondered why he never did anything with the Muppets, seeing as how he was such a fan of Disney. I think I maybe saw him in a brief cameo on Sesame Street, but that's it. Someone please enlighten me if I'm wrong. I've never seen him in concert but I always took comfort in the thought that one day I'll be 40 and I'll finally get to see Mike, 65-all washed up with a recurring show in Vegas. It wouldn't matter to me cuz I'd be front row center and still in love with him. Having to come to the realization that this will now never happen is kinda turning my stomach. I think I'll hit my fav karaoke spot this saturday night and sing nothing but his songs ... MJ Love 4ever! :cry:
He was in one of those guest songs on SST when we were little I think :smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
It's all completely strange and bizarre.

At work today, one of the guys - either one of the other reporters or one of the circulation guys - said, "Hey, Farrah Fawcett's died." And the rest of us were all, "Holy cow."

When the news broke about Jackson, I was driving home from work - and that was another "Holy cow" moment.

Kiki

Reaction score
This is really sad and unusual. :frown:
First of all, I had no idea Farrah died. I knew she was really sick, but I didn't know her passing was confirmed. That's really sad. She was one of the greats, too.
And I only found out just then that Micheal had died. I actually heard it from my next-door neighbour, and she was ultra-vague about it (she's an old lady). They had an MJ special on the radio, that's all I knew (and this is before I found out) and then it hit me.
Am I the only one who finds this really, like, surreal?

This is really upsetting. :frown: RIP, Farrah and Micheal. Thanks for everything.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Big MJ fan here. Like, own every album/ know every song fan. This is heartbreaking. I always wondered why he never did anything with the Muppets, seeing as how he was such a fan of Disney. I think I maybe saw him in a brief cameo on Sesame Street, but that's it. Someone please enlighten me if I'm wrong. I've never seen him in concert but I always took comfort in the thought that one day I'll be 40 and I'll finally get to see Mike, 65-all washed up with a recurring show in Vegas. It wouldn't matter to me cuz I'd be front row center and still in love with him. Having to come to the realization that this will now never happen is kinda turning my stomach. I think I'll hit my fav karaoke spot this saturday night and sing nothing but his songs ... MJ Love 4ever! :cry:
In Michael Jackson's Moon Walk book, there is a photo of Michael meeting Jim Henson, with kermit.I wonder what the involvement was there, or maybe it was just a chance meeting?
Maybe it was at the Grammy Awards, as he is also in the same jacket meeting Cindy Lauper and Webster.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I was very sadded to hear the passing of both Michael and Farah. It's sad to lose to showbiz icons on the same day.

It's so odd too cause I was actually listening to some Michael Jackson music on my ipod not too long ago.

Sad sad day indeed, :cry:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Michael Jackson has been a problematic figure for many reasons, but I like to think of him as the lead in the Jackson 5 and for his revolutionary Off the Wall album. After that he kind of lost me. His passing is very sad indeed. He didn't strike me as a very happy person even with all of his wealth. I hope he is at peace now. :sympathy:

Convincing John

Reaction score
In Michael Jackson's Moon Walk book, there is a photo of Michael meeting Jim Henson, with kermit.I wonder what the involvement was there, or maybe it was just a chance meeting?
Maybe it was at the Grammy Awards, as he is also in the same jacket meeting Cindy Lauper and Webster.
I've heard about that, too. I don't know what year it was, though. Too bad it isn't on tape.

Larry King has some stuff on Michael Jackson right now for those interested.

Convincing John

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Michael Jackson has been a problematic figure for many reasons, but I like to think of him as the lead in the Jackson 5 and for his revolutionary Off the Wall album. After that he kind of lost me. His passing is very sad indeed. He didn't strike me as a very happy person even with all of his wealth. I hope he is at peace now.
Well when someone went though the stuff he went though in his lifetime, I don't see how anyone would be happy. From a rough family life with an a father like his, to accusations, always being in the public eye and many many people wanting to make a total joke out of you, I mean if that was me, I don't think I would be a very happy person either. But I believe something that did make him happy is that he bought some level of happiness and enjoyment to others, it just shows that money doesn't always make you really happy.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jackson was on the short list to star in Labyrinth. They went with Bowie. I think that was the right choice. :smile:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
It's quite funny, I heard that MJ had died, and I texted everyone in my phone telling them. Then when I got to school I told one of my friends to his horror, and I told another one of my friends. At this point he had the most amazing look on his face. Very sad indeed to lose him :cry:

However, some guys at school were saying in 2 days he would come out of the ground as a thriller zombie. Well, anythings possible. :smirk: