Farewell Farah and Michael

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm still not processing that he's dead. I don't know, in my mind I expected him to live until he was 99 or something. Then again, I didn't know he was so sick :frown:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm still not processing that he's dead. I don't know, in my mind I expected him to live until he was 99 or something. Then again, I didn't know he was so sick :frown:
It's because he was so much a part of our time period I think, his star was really bright then-his voice, his dancing, everyone moon walking, everyone who was anyone wearing a glove (even the Barbie dolls), and even a bit later with Free Willy. I use to listen to 'Will You Be There" over and over. You could hear the pain I think...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I had the strangest dream last night that I was one of Michael Jackson's kids, and he was still alive :O This affected me more than I thought!

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember hearing about Farrah a lot when I was a kid. And I thought her last name was faucet like a drinking faucet. But then I learned how her name was really spelled. I will miss Farah, she's a woman I've remembered all my life. -_-;;

And I was also shocked to hear about Michael Jackson when I logged into Yahoo and read the news. Another person I remembered all my life is gone too. -_-;;

RIP, Michael and Farrah. :cry:

Nick22

Reaction score
they will both be missed extremely. i still cant believe that michael died. it's believable that farah died, cause she was sick. but i'm still in shock about michael's death.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really don't know what to say about Michael. Sure, I was one of those lost souls who saw past his wonderful music and fell for the greedy opportunistic stalkerazzi that ruined his career's scandals. Whatever he did, truth or fiction, he still was an amazing force in the music world. Sure. he had a few screws loose, but HEY, it's Hollywood. Show me someone sane in Hollywood or the entertainment business in any way, and I'd probably show you Mr. Rogers.

This was a depressing ending to a turmoil stricken life... forced on the stage at a young age, losing his childhood, giving him that Peter Pan complex we all associate with him. He was in a lot of trouble, mostly financial of late. Having it all end this way is nothing short of Shakespearean tragic.

It's at this point we have to celebrate his work, not speculate his death and the sundry tabloid circus that tarnished him. Dude wrote Thriller... one of the BEST songs I've ever heard. And I hear him being compared to the Beatles and Elvis... he really does deserve to be among them ('specailly since he owned half the former's body of work :big_grin: ). I doubt we'd ever see the likes of someone like that for a long time, if ever again.

At least we can all take heart in the fact he's at peace now.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
When one reaches the insane level of fame where it seems like everything you do makes front page news, I think it does something to one's mind. I mean look at what happened and continues to happens to Brintey Spears.

Michael Jackson is without question just as big of music icon as Beatles and Elvis. He's music and music videos will have him live on many many years after his sad passing.

As for Farah, I think her family and those close to her might find the fact that Jackson's passing kind of took away her's death thunder to be a blissing in ways. But still really sad, she's a tv icon with probably one of the best known posters of all time. This woman was on Charlie's Angels for only one season and yet she's the most well remembered star of that show, I think that says something.

Luke

Reaction score
Don't forget guys, Michael was a huge Muppet fan. He even owned that Swarvski Kermit Pill Box which is quite rare and was pictured in his TV documentary.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Don't forget guys, Michael was a huge Muppet fan. He even owned that Swarvski Kermit Pill Box which is quite rare and was pictured in his TV documentary.
Yeah but he was also a huge fan of Disney esp Peter Pan, so cool.

Also from what I understand him buying the Beatles music saved Sesame Street from a lawsuit, :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time with making special exceptions for celebrity behavior. We all have hardships and choices to make. However, when you're someone like MJ there's nobody there to say "no" to questionable actions.

Man in the Mirror is one of my favorite MJ songs. I just wish he'd taken that advice in certain areas of his own life. Who knows? He might just be alive today. That song in particular seemed to come from a place of truth for him. I hope he has found peace. :sympathy: