Farewell Farah and Michael

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I always felt sorry for Michael in a Citizen Kane kind of way. In a sense, he was a man who had everything and nothing. No matter what is said of him, there is no denying he was beyond extremely talented and bought so much to the world. I hope he is at peace.

Farrah seemed like a very brave individual, recently allowing cameras into her life to document the illness that would claim her life.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As talented and popular as Michael Jackson was, I agree with the words of Barry Gibb regarding the Beatles, "People don't realize how big the Beatles were. Not even Michael Jackson, I think, had the same effect." :wink:

But anyway, very tragic case overall of someone who was very talented but did suffer abuse and ended up quite disturbed in my opinion. I honestly don't know if he didn't anything wrong. As South Park once put it, the one thing we do know is he's a father now and needs to start acting like one. I do pray for the children now and what will happen to them.

And I don't want to forget Farah whose death is of course getting overshadowed in the media. A "weird" death will beat a "normal" death on the news anyday. I pray for her family who did support her through her difficult illness. There's no point in being jealous of celebrities, they are subject to the same ills as the rest of us.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I was not really into Michael Jackson at all, but he was certainly a remarkable celebrity.

I remember him being quoted as saying "I wanted to meet Walt Disney, but he died. And I wanted to meet Elvis Presley, but he also died. Now there's nobody left that I really want to meet now."

I wonder how many hundreds of people will be able to say the same thing about having wanted to meet him?

May he (and also Farah) RIP :cry:

You know marty , i LOVE ELVIS he is my all time faverite singer in the World , i liked michael Jackson very much , althogh he was not a singer that i bought every album that came , i did like to follow his career , and i did like quit a few of his songs mostly the early stuff (80s and early 90s ) billy jean was my all time faverite of his stuff .

Farrah oh my gosh i grew up with her to my mom was so mad when she left charles angles so fast i was mad to .

i loved her movies though and like to follow her clothes and hair .

she was a beatiful and brave women and i am so glad that , she let us in so much on her cancer battle beause people need to know how bruitle the cancer battle can be .

There are so many cancers that we do not hear enough about so that we can stand and find more treatmets for .

i wish though that farrah was not so upstaged my michael , all though i can see how much that micheal how much micheal contibutied to the world , and to music he was a great singer anmd will be so , missed i wanted to see him live so much to .

He had a good many years left and i know that his come back would have been so great and a lot of fun .

I hope that people will remeber him for the good music .:smile: RIP michael and farrah .

Drtooth

Reaction score
But anyway, very tragic case overall of someone who was very talented but did suffer abuse and ended up quite disturbed in my opinion. I honestly don't know if he didn't anything wrong. As South Park once put it, the one thing we do know is he's a father now and needs to start acting like one. I do pray for the children now and what will happen to them.
Out of all the Michael Jackson parodies I've ever seen, South Park is the most astute one. Not just of the character, but how everyone treated him. It took CGI imitations of cutout animation to get Michael explained that astutely.

Honestly, I'd usually say something bad about the father, but he just lost a son. no parent should ever go through that.

As for Farrah... well, I never cared for Charlie's Angels, and I don't find her as attractive as everyone else does...mainly because I'm not the blonde hair blue eyed type. I still think she was beautiful, just not what I'm into (Never ask me my type, by the way)... but I feel her death was just as heart wrenching. Cancer is a terrible illness. Even the treatments for it are so harsh, you still wind up ill and having your hair fall out. It's an accomplishment to defeat cancer, but it's terrible when someone is lost to it. 62, while not as young as 50, is still too young an age to go. And she had such a public battle with it, it's a very depressing ending to her life.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Out of all the Michael Jackson parodies I've ever seen, South Park is the most astute one. Not just of the character, but how everyone treated him. It took CGI imitations of cutout animation to get Michael explained that astutely.

Honestly, I'd usually say something bad about the father, but he just lost a son. no parent should ever go through that.

As for Farrah... well, I never cared for Charlie's Angels, and I don't find her as attractive as everyone else does...mainly because I'm not the blonde hair blue eyed type. I still think she was beautiful, just not what I'm into (Never ask me my type, by the way)... but I feel her death was just as heart wrenching. Cancer is a terrible illness. Even the treatments for it are so harsh, you still wind up ill and having your hair fall out. It's an accomplishment to defeat cancer, but it's terrible when someone is lost to it. 62, while not as young as 50, is still too young an age to go. And she had such a public battle with it, it's a very depressing ending to her life.
Is it the blonde-eyed, blue-hair type? :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it the blonde-eyed, blue-hair type? :eek:
I don't like to admit what I like, but I assure you it IS legal. :halo: Though I am particularly closer to the brown hair brown eyed type.

Telly

Reaction score
I have to admit I was a bigger Michael Jackson fan when I was younger than recent years, but I've ALWAYS liked him. I've been listening to his music non-stop since Thursday.

I wasn't a huge Farah fan, but her death still got me. I know first hand what a hardship cancer is. I lost my dad and aunt last year and just a month a part from each other.

It's really sad to see such HUGE icons both pass away so tragic. I hope they are both resting easy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I was typing up my eulogy to Farrah, I found out Fred Travellina (sp?) died. As I said in the Billy Mays thread, this isn't just sad, but now spooky.

Nick22

Reaction score
this is spooky. what's up with all these celebrities dieing of fone by one