Favorite Christmas Songs

Phantom

Reaction score
anathema said:
Makes decorating the tree easy though - just face the tree and sneeze!

:-P
Like a giant can of "silly string". :big_grin:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Yeah, that takes a lot of work, but it's really rewarding too. I've been in choir since birth--(okay, since kindergarten)--and I've gotten to sing selections from the Messiah a few times. A year or so ago, actually, we did the whole Christmas half, and we ended with that chorus (which comes later in the piece) because we knew people wouldn't be satisfied without it. What's cool is that people are always encouraged to stand during that movement, so it was a really easy way to get a standing ovation for the concert! :wink:

One of the other choruses from the Messiah that I love singing (especially at Christmas) is "For Unto Us A Child is Born"--it really fun, once you get all of the runs down...
That's really cool. Handel's Messiah is so impressive. I wish that I could be in a choir like that. They say that Lutherans are born knowing how to sing in four-part harmony :stick_out_tongue: but all I know about harmony has come from Simon and Garfunkel. And I haven't had much luck implementing it. :stick_out_tongue: We have a very small church, and our choir at the moment has... drum roll please... three people in it. (I'm not one of them.)
Erin

Whatever

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
We have a very small church, and our choir at the moment has... drum roll please... three people in it. (I'm not one of them.)
Erin
Sounds a LOT like my church, LOL. I used to be in the choir, but not since I went to Germany. In fact, I've only been to church once or twice in a year and a half!

frogturtle

Reaction score
I think that's "The Christmas Shoes" you're thinking of. :smile: I'm loving all the Christmas music on the radio. It's on the mall radio, and I listen to our soft rock station at night and hear some great Christmas songs on there. Our oldies station has some good stuff too.
Erin
Yeah that's the one I'm thinking of. Thanks.
Valerie

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Hehe, my brother and I are listening to Christmas music, and he put in Mannheim Steamroller but then decided he wanted to listen to music with lyrics. So he ended up deciding to turn on the radio. First was a song he didn't consider a Christmas song, though it sounded pretty Christmassy to me. And next up, the one we're listening to now? "Deck the Halls," as performed by Mannheim Steamroller! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin