Favorite Christmas Songs

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Well, I hope you and your brother feel better! There's nothing like singing at the holidays. Especially on the road--sometimes on long road trips our ferrets get to hear us sing in the car for hours at a time. They seem relatively unmoved by the experience, but it's fun for us!!

:smile:
Thanks! I think I'm on the mend. Singing at the holidays is definitely lots of fun!
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
We got a whole bunch of snow yesterday - first decent snowfall of the season - so now it finally looks Christmassy outside! :smile:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Thanks! I think I'm on the mend. Singing at the holidays is definitely lots of fun!
Erin
Glad to hear it. Now I'M sick, though, with a cough and other fancy stuff...

:frown:

Phantom

Reaction score
You mean your cough has like streamers and decorations and junk? Cool...cold.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yes, indeed it does--that's actually a little unpleasant, if you try to picture it...

:eek:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Beebers said:
We also always sang the Allelulia Chorus, which is the most arduous of the Christmas songs to sing by far, and just had people falling down at the end because they recognized how much work it was. In those days we dressed, it was a big deal, we all wore white tops and black pressed skirts or pants for the guys. It was very formal and important.
Yeah, that takes a lot of work, but it's really rewarding too. I've been in choir since birth--(okay, since kindergarten)--and I've gotten to sing selections from the Messiah a few times. A year or so ago, actually, we did the whole Christmas half, and we ended with that chorus (which comes later in the piece) because we knew people wouldn't be satisfied without it. What's cool is that people are always encouraged to stand during that movement, so it was a really easy way to get a standing ovation for the concert! :wink:

One of the other choruses from the Messiah that I love singing (especially at Christmas) is "For Unto Us A Child is Born"--it really fun, once you get all of the runs down...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron... I don't know why... but to me it's to Christmas as the Monster Mash is to Halloween. if I don't hear it, it just doesn't feel like christmas... and I haven't heard it yet... :sympathy:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hmm, the Monster Mash... :halo:

For some reason, when you brought that up, I couldn't help thinking about the whole genre of Christmas novelty songs. I love singing "I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas," but that song does NOT go away once you start singing it. I have to be careful with that at night-time, because it can take my wife hours to get it out of her head and get to sleep if I start singing it in the evening!

:zany:

anathema

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Yes, indeed it does--that's actually a little unpleasant, if you try to picture it...

:eek:
Makes decorating the tree easy though - just face the tree and sneeze!

:-P

Phantom

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron... I don't know why... but to me it's to Christmas as the Monster Mash is to Halloween. if I don't hear it, it just doesn't feel like christmas... and I haven't heard it yet... :sympathy:
Heard it the other night. It was the first time in years. I'd nearly forgotten it.