Favorite Count Von Count Moments

Ernie101

Reaction score
I personally like when he does the number of the day

Sidebottom

Reaction score
The Count was (I beleive) hiring Ernie to answer his telephone for him whenever it rang, but he warned him it would be difficult. Ernie couldn't see what could be so hard about answering the phone, but then the phone rang. Ernie tried to answer it, but the Count wouldn't let him because he wanted to count the rings. Finally, whoever it was hung up and the phone stopped ringing. The Count said something to the effect of "I told you it would be hard."

My personal favourite (although I only barely remember it) was when the Count was going to bed and wanted to count sheep, but all the sheep were on strike or something, and so the replacement sheep showed up. It turned out to be an anything Muppet (a blue guy with a beard, I think) wearing a sheep costume. And this same poor guy had to jump over the Count's bed again and again and again as the Count counted him.

"One fake sheep! Two fake sheep! He's getting tired. Three fake sheep! Four..."

Finally, I love that moment in _Muppet Family Christmas_ when Kermit is really worried about Miss Piggy, and he's looking out the window.

Doc: "That is one worried frog."
Count: "Aha! That's one! One worried frog!"
Robin: "He's not the only one."
Count: "That's TWO! Two worried frogs! Ah ah ah ah ah!"

Classic.

-Sidebottom

Lu775

Reaction score
I love the count, and you all have mentioned most of my favourite moments (and some I've never seen!)
I'm not sure what sketch it's from (but from some episode back in the 70's) is a quote from the Count that my family still uses today.

"I'm the best counter since formica!"

hee hee

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lu775
I love the count, and you all have mentioned most of my favourite moments (and some I've never seen!)
I'm not sure what sketch it's from (but from some episode back in the 70's) is a quote from the Count that my family still uses today.

"I'm the best counter since formica!"

hee hee

LOL! I love those suddle jokes!! They crack me up!

juliette

Reaction score
I have a Sesame Street Christmas album where the Count introduces us to that classic Transylvania holiday song, "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth." It's wonderful.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
My favorite resident of SS

Yep, I too love most of these (though a few I'd never heard of---eek!)

I kan't believe no one's mentioned one of myyyyyyyyyy favorites---the one where the Kount kan't sleep, and while he's in bed, instead of kountin' sheep, he kounts elephants, and bird, and I think somethin' else---that was sukh an awesome song/skit! :big_grin:

And Jakkie, it's spelled "subtle"---LOL!

Really!

It is!

:stick_out_tongue:

And Sidebottom, thanks for bringin' up that Kount/Ernie/Phone one---that is sooooooooooo so funny, I had forgotten about it, and I love it! :smile:

Jaboom97

Reaction score
Hi I am new here my name is Jeremy and I watched the classic real Sesame Street from late 70's and 80's and still desire the vintage stuff including that of what came before my time(<1979).

Anyhow I saw this thread about the Count(my all time fav character). Anyhow does anyone remember the time the count is trying to blast off a rocket inside his castle, and he has the mad scientist in his castle and of course he roughly wants to count the numbers to blast off and gets crazy and starts counting in Transylvanian. I also seem to remember that he was scary in these shorts--especially one that sticks out in my mind is when he was counting candles and he asks the audience--to come closer and they pan the camera in on him and he seems to be very domineering, to give an erie feeling--this of course could be wrong as even though he was my favorite character he also scared the living daylights out of me--this is what my parents never understood, and they still remind me of that to this day. I was so surprised to find others that remember these skits with the count. Especially slumber party w Bert and Ernie(remember that one when I was in Kindergarten--which was probably in rerun then as I am only 23 and was in kindergarten in 1984/85 year. Does anyone know the approx date of the two above sketches, or could anyone elaborate more into them???? Also when was the counts first appearance on the street as he does not seem to be an original character from 1969? I have read early 70's...if so how did they ever introduce him into the whole bit...I remember once seeing a picture in Jim Henson book The Works? from the 90's that showed a picture and it looked like an early version of the count. I also got digital cable recently as to gett Noggin and now I can't seem to find unpaved, can anyone give me the times that it is on so I can set the vcr to record if I am not awake or around at the times it is aired, if so will I be privy to any old Count sketches???? He is a character theat simply intrigues me, and his legacy will live on forever-with me at least.

ssetta

Reaction score
I would assume both of those sketches you mentioned are from ABOUT 1974. I would assume he debuted in season 4 (if not season 3).

Well, Sesame Street Unpaved is only on Saturday and Sunday mornings at 3:30 am et/12:30 am pt. And since your new, I don't know if you read about this petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/s2w3e/petition.html

Please take a moment to sign it.

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
The Count's celeb sketches, of course...

The Susan Sarandon sketch was charming (not to mention it's probably the only educational kids show I can think of that snuck in a reference to RHPS).

So that's what Kathleen Turner did when she appeared on "Sesame Street"...I NEED that sketch on tape...got a post about that coming up.

Also, Victoria Jackson was in a sketch with the man of the numbers once...what happenned in that sketch?

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

mikealan

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hey Jackie, I saw that segment on today's Unpaved episode, though it was on Sunday, Aug 23 at 3:30 AM! One segment which hasn't been mentioned and is one of my faves is where the Count is an elevator operator. Kermit comes to work in his trenchcoat, only to discover who's manning the elevator. The funny part of this sketch is that the Count commandeers the elevator to count all the floors in the building, while Kerm's forced to hop up the stairs. Also, I like the Count's new counting organ. This is something I've been dreaming of: an organ with different-looking monster features with each breathing out a new number. If anybody could help me by describing what each pipe looks like, I'd be very grateful.

Thunder clashing and Lightning flashing, the Count.
Hey Count, what Unpaved episode featured the skit where the Count appeared as an elevator operator and with Kermit in a trenchcoat?