Favorite Disney Movies

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I don't know if there's a thread like this already, but anyways.

The title says it all.:stick_out_tongue:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Gosh, there a lot that I know are my favorites. I LOVE the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, the Little Mermaid, and Oliver & Company (sort of),

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Lion King, Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast are some of the best, I defiinitely agree.

I also like Alice in Wonderland, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and (does this count?) Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Oh yeah and also THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
The Rescuers and Snow White are my favorites.
Now that you mention "The Rescuers," I LOVE that movie. Not only is it a classic, I can't image or believe my eyes that small creatures could rescue a girl who is in deep trouble. The song I loved the most was, "Someone's Waiting For You." Maybe in the future, I will sing that song to a little child... you know my own little boy or girl. :excited:

Snow and the Seven Dwarfs is also probably my favorite as well. That was probably also one of the movies I grew up with. :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Fantasia all the way. I grew up in a household of symphonic musicians--mother plays flute & piccolo, father played oboe and English horn for the Atlanta Symphony--so I already had that kind of music in my life. And I love animation, so that movie, heh, hits all the right notes for me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Emperor's New Groove. Watch it and TELL me it isn't a stealth parody/deconstruction of Disney movies. The hero (so to speak) is insufferably nasty and a likeable unlikable, the villain would almost be sympathetic if she wasn't an absolute monster. Not to mention the fact that they even ruthlessly parody the cliche of the big villain ALWAYS turning into a giant or Elderich abomination. Seriously, this movie needs much more love at Disney. The original version of the movie would have sucked big time.

Also, shout outs to classic(ish) films like Lion King, Jungle Book, and Pinocchio... but I find the underrated films much more fun. Great Mouse Detective is great, especially since Vincent Price is completely underrated when it comes to comedy, being pigeonholed into being the master of fright (not that he isn't). Oliver and Company is very special to me and holds a certain nostalgic angle. A Goofy Movie. That speaks for itself, I think. More Disney characters need movies like that. And I just wouldn't be me if I didn't say Recess: School's Out and Teacher's Pet. I mean, I like the Ducktales film and the Doug one was pretty good... but these movies surpassed the TV shows they were based on. Teacher's Pet is pretty much the only theatrically released series ending I've ever heard of, and Recess was too good for a small vacation release.

Greengables95

Reaction score
My other favorites are Cinderella, A Goofy Movie (mainly because of the great comedy offered by Goofy!), Fantasia, The Little Mermaid, The Black Cauldron, Lady and the Tramp, and Winnie the Pooh.
As for Live-Action, my favorites are My Date With the President's Daughter (I'm a 00's child, what can I say?), Mighty Ducks, Tuck Everlasting, Tex, The Haley Mills Parent Trap, The Absent Minded Professor with Fred MacMurray, Hocus Pocus, Blackbeard's Ghost, and Davy Crocket: King of the Wild Frontier

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
If we're strictly talking the main Disney animated canon:
  • Fantasia
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • The Lion King
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • Winnie the Pooh
Yeah, a little biased towards modern Disney, eh? :wink: