1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Favorite Disney Movies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meepmuppaphones, Aug 14, 2012.

1. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

I don't know if there's a thread like this already, but anyways.

The title says it all.:p
  2. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Gosh, there a lot that I know are my favorites. I LOVE the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, the Little Mermaid, and Oliver & Company (sort of),
  3. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

Lion King, Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast are some of the best, I defiinitely agree.

I also like Alice in Wonderland, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and (does this count?) Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Oh yeah and also THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH!
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  4. Greengables95

Greengables95 Member

The Rescuers and Snow White are my favorites.
  5. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Now that you mention "The Rescuers," I LOVE that movie. Not only is it a classic, I can't image or believe my eyes that small creatures could rescue a girl who is in deep trouble. The song I loved the most was, "Someone's Waiting For You." Maybe in the future, I will sing that song to a little child... you know my own little boy or girl. :excited:

Snow and the Seven Dwarfs is also probably my favorite as well. That was probably also one of the movies I grew up with. :)
  6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Fantasia all the way. I grew up in a household of symphonic musicians--mother plays flute & piccolo, father played oboe and English horn for the Atlanta Symphony--so I already had that kind of music in my life. And I love animation, so that movie, heh, hits all the right notes for me.
    Greengables95 likes this.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Emperor's New Groove. Watch it and TELL me it isn't a stealth parody/deconstruction of Disney movies. The hero (so to speak) is insufferably nasty and a likeable unlikable, the villain would almost be sympathetic if she wasn't an absolute monster. Not to mention the fact that they even ruthlessly parody the cliche of the big villain ALWAYS turning into a giant or Elderich abomination. Seriously, this movie needs much more love at Disney. The original version of the movie would have sucked big time.

Also, shout outs to classic(ish) films like Lion King, Jungle Book, and Pinocchio... but I find the underrated films much more fun. Great Mouse Detective is great, especially since Vincent Price is completely underrated when it comes to comedy, being pigeonholed into being the master of fright (not that he isn't). Oliver and Company is very special to me and holds a certain nostalgic angle. A Goofy Movie. That speaks for itself, I think. More Disney characters need movies like that. And I just wouldn't be me if I didn't say Recess: School's Out and Teacher's Pet. I mean, I like the Ducktales film and the Doug one was pretty good... but these movies surpassed the TV shows they were based on. Teacher's Pet is pretty much the only theatrically released series ending I've ever heard of, and Recess was too good for a small vacation release.
    Plaid Fraggle and Greengables95 like this.
  8. Greengables95

Greengables95 Member

My other favorites are Cinderella, A Goofy Movie (mainly because of the great comedy offered by Goofy!), Fantasia, The Little Mermaid, The Black Cauldron, Lady and the Tramp, and Winnie the Pooh.
    As for Live-Action, my favorites are My Date With the President's Daughter (I'm a 00's child, what can I say?), Mighty Ducks, Tuck Everlasting, Tex, The Haley Mills Parent Trap, The Absent Minded Professor with Fred MacMurray, Hocus Pocus, Blackbeard's Ghost, and Davy Crocket: King of the Wild Frontier
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  9. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

If we're strictly talking the main Disney animated canon:
    • Fantasia
    • The Little Mermaid
    • Beauty and the Beast
    • The Lion King
    • The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    • Winnie the Pooh
    Yeah, a little biased towards modern Disney, eh? ;)
  10. Greengables95

Greengables95 Member

Of course I forget Pocahontas and Robin Hood!
  11. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Well, well, no support for Lion King comin' from me:

As for the ones I like:

• Fantasia
    • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    • Beauty & the Beast
    • Lilo & Stitch
    • Winnie the Pooh
    And a few others I can't remember off the top of my head at the moment...
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  12. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Who's that good looking guy in the Hawaiian shirt at the beginning?
    SuperGzilla12 likes this.
  13. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Bambi,Dumbo, Snow White, Cinderella, & Beauty and the Beast.

I would also like to add Darby O'Gill and the Little People too.
  14. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

Okay I'm gonna have to say The Lion King, The Rescuers, Pocahontas, Mulan, and The Little Mermaid. Meh. I think. Too much pressure to think of them right now! And it's so hard to chooseeee.
  15. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

I feel like a sap (YUCK), but I've gotta be honest...Bambi's always been my favorite! It's absolutely gorgeous!

Also a fan of certain "underrated" ones, among which I think are 101 Dalmatians and The Jungle Book. Both classics that aren't super commonly talked about, AND the music is awesome in each of them.

And not a big fan of the gargoyles in this film, but The Hunchback of Notre Dame is pretty kickin'. Definitely attempted some things that were really risky for Disney, and well, I'm a big fan of Esmeralda :)
  16. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I LOVE Winnie the Pooh.
    Also, the lights scene in Tangled.
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Lilo and Stitch is another great one. It's one of the few times an original idea became a hit (if any original ideas became a hit). I mean, you don't get 3 DTV sequels and a cartoon series in the US and 2 in Japan if you're not a hit. Heck, Lion King and Aladdin each only got 2 DTV's and One TV show. Granted, 2 of the Lilo and Stitch DTV's were based on the TV show. And then there was one more DVD that was a board game.
  18. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Ohhhh my word. How did I miss you saying this. My sister and I LOVED that movie (and I think my mom thought it was funny too, actually, and she's more anti-Disney Channel than I!). And of course while I'm talking about my sister and I, that sister-switch movie from the 90s, Wish Upon a Star, was a favorite of ours too. I actually think those two are pretty good, considering most of the video-movie things that aired on Disney Channel. And just... don't get me started on Disney Channel post-Hannah Montana :grouchy:

And A Goofy Movie is still a huge favorite of mine, it's comedy gold XD That Possum Park scene actually brings me to tears it's so funny, no shame!
  19. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I like Lilo and Stitch and A Goofy Movie.
    I enjoy Tangled too. Even though I've seen it too many times, right now. I so wish to goto the Disney Parks while thinking of it. I so want to meet Flynn Rider. :drool::laugh:
  20. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

Okay and definitely Aladdin and Lilo & Stitich.