1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Favorite Disney Movies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meepmuppaphones, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Hear hear!
    jgidley likes this.
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Is this past Muppet movie allowed to count as my fave?
  3. Dominicboo1

Of course it is!
  4. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Do Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island count as Disney movies as well in some way?
    Greengables95 likes this.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I didn't have an opinion either way about the movie... those are facts. Happily Ever After caused Filmation to go bankrupt, as it was a troubled production. If their output was going to be as good as Bravestarr was, that's actually a shame. Still, I've seen clips of it and found it mildly interesting. it's a shame they just didn't do original films then. They shoulda got Bill Cosby back and did a Fat Albert movie. That would have been EPIC!

On the subject of Filmation, it's a shame that there's some weird rights glitch stopping them from ever releasing "Mighty Mouse: The Great Space Chase" on DVD (yet constantly removing it from Youtube when it does pop up). That was actually quite good.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Eh...it's questionable...ask some users and they'll tell you that because Disney had been somewhat affiliated with their creation, it is, yet at the same time, it wasn't specifically a Disney made movie. Though now Disney does own the movies...but then again...
  7. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Does Disney also now own The Muppet Movie and Great Muppet Caper? (I know Columbia owns Muppets Take Manhattan and Muppets From Space, as well as Kermit's Swamp Years.)
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Actually, Disney owns every single Muppet movie...I believe that you are getting owning rights in general confused with owning the rights to release the movie on video.
  9. Dominicboo1

Oh ok! Then again the Black Cauldon almost bankrupted Disney, but it was a good movie.
  10. robodog

robodog Active Member

Yeah The Black Cauldron doesn't deserve anywhere near the amount of hate it gets.
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I really should get around to seeing that sometime. It's like the lost Disney film or something, lol.
  12. robodog

robodog Active Member

I've only seen it once. I rented it the first time it was released on video sometime in the 90s. If I'm remembering correctly it's actually pretty good.
  13. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

My favorites include The Three Caballeros, Wreck-It Ralph (I've seen that movie recently and it was outstanding), Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Lilo & Stitch, and the Pixar movies.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Didn't they have a string of bad live action movies that time that also almost bankrupted them? And they just blamed the whole Black Cauldron thing on Don Bluth? Yeah, I gotta see that some time.
  15. Dominicboo1

Oh Disney made several flops!
  16. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I like Disney movies, but not as much as Muppet movies, but I do have some favorites:
    101 Dalmatians-Animated version
    Finding Nemo
    The Toy Story films
    The Rescuers
    The Rescuers Down Under
    Dumbo
    Lady and the Tramp
    The Jungle Book
    The Three Caballeros
  17. Tbird29

Tbird29 New Member

Pinocchio, Snow White, Enchanted, and Tangled.