Favorite Fraggle?

alyteima

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean more of a New Age, hippie is a reaction word for me. I like Mokey's love of nature and sweetness, yet she's not quite innocent. I like how kind she is. I consider myself sort of hippy-like, but not in the 'Revolution' kind of way.

Should have clarified more :smile: I read somewhere that Mokey is the oldest of the five and you can kind of see it in her manner.

Pork

Reaction score
Boober, he has so many funny quotes...usually about death and pestilence.

I also love Cantus and the Minstrels. Also wembley, I have a lot in common with him.

Kiki

Reaction score
I would call Mokey a hippie; just that she's a better hippie than some of the real life people were, heh. People aren't perfect, but characters can be the ideal we're looking for. :smile:
Yeah, I'd consider her a bit of a hippie. But yeah, "new age" is a good term to describe her, too. I agree that she seemed as tohugh she wanted to be part of the "Woodstock generation" (baby boomers) in the 60s, but -like me!- missed out, so she kinda wants to relive the whole vibe or it all (although again, not all hippies were peaceful).

Kiki

Reaction score
True, dat. *Nod* I consider myself a bit of a hippie (lol, when I went to parent/teacher interviews about four of my teachers caled me a hippie!), I drink yucky herbal tea everyday, I pick herbs over medication, I haven't cut my hair in nearly 3 years (but I did just the other day! XD), I make tie-dye things, I get that from my Mum. XD

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've often considered myself "Hippie Christian" (which I got from a Tough Pigs commentary lol). Like sometimes traditional, but skeptical and different other times. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I would call Mokey a hippie; just that she's a better hippie than some of the real life people were, heh. People aren't perfect, but characters can be the ideal we're looking for.
You see, most of my ma's generation that I've talked to (that lived though those times) only seems to use the label hippie when the person..um..used things (and didn't take baths) :embarrassed:. And even though she is dreamy, I don't see her as doing that. It might be a link between the two for humans but I don't think fraggles are quite like that. I think the dreamy sort of personality is just a natural part of their silliness (just a different kind, like Boober's).
Yeah, I'd consider her a bit of a hippie. But yeah, "new age" is a good term to describe her, too. I agree that she seemed as tohugh she wanted to be part of the "Woodstock generation" (baby boomers) in the 60s, but -like me!- missed out, so she kinda wants to relive the whole vibe or it all (although again, not all hippies were peaceful).

I think that she's not so much what we humans would think of as hippie as much as she is just really in touch with nature in a way and it is more just the fraggle way of being spiritual. I still say I think human new age thinkers and hippies got their ideas from fraggles in the FR world more than the other way around. It makes so much sense:excited:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Man, Boober is my favourite by far, followed by Wembley and then Red.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You see, most of my ma's generation that I've talked to (that lived though those times) only seems to use the label hippie when the person..um..used things (and didn't take baths) :embarrassed:. And even though she is dreamy, I don't see her as doing that.
Oh I'm not saying those stories aren't accurate, hehe. Just saying she represents the more positive aspects of the hippie movement (which didn't always exist, but again nothing is perfect. :smile: )

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh I'm not saying those stories aren't accurate, hehe. Just saying she represents the more positive aspects of the hippie movement (which didn't always exist, but again nothing is perfect. :smile: )
Oh yes, well the 'wear flowers in your hair' part *lol* I guess being a native Californian and hearing some very awful first hand accounts from my ma I sort of have a knee jerk reaction to the label, since both my parents lost friends who were hippies (even though they weren't themselves....
I'd almost call Mokey a 2nd generation flower child or even more a beatnik than hippie, since she likes to talk about dark things in a romantic way:coy: