1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Favorite Jerry Nelson Character

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Drtooth, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Once again I'm late getting in to this thread, but count my vote for the count (that's one, one vote for the Count Ah ah ah!) :p
  2. TravellingMatt

TravellingMatt New Member

My favorite Jerry Nelson characters:

THE MUPPET SHOW--Floyd

SESAME STREET--The Count, Little Jerry, Fat Blue, Simon the Sound Man, and Farley

FRAGGLE ROCK--Pa Gorg, Gobo, and Marjory the Trash Heap
  3. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

My favorite Jerry Nelson characters are Floyd, Robin, Blind Pew, Louis Kazagger, Jack be Nimble and Droop.
  4. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Oh gosh there are just so many....
    From Sesame Street my favourite just has to be Herry Monster. (Since he sang one of the my favourite Sesame numbers, that duet with Louisey).

As for The Muppet Show.
    Well I think top choice I gotta go for Cowboy Jerry (some call him Slim Wilson), again because of the singing. But then there's also Floyd and Robin, oh and Pops.

From other TV shows, well obvious Balthazer and Bratty Rat from SLoT. - I include Bratty Rat only because of the spectacular singing of 'I'm Going To Tell On You'.

Then from the films. Well there's Pops in GMC leading everyone with Happiness Hotel - a classic. Obviously Robin in MCC - it's just one of the most moving moments ever. Jerry sings with such feeling, and really brings Tiny Tim to life (I wonder if perhaps there was something more than just acting there....).
    And from MTI, well who could forget the rat on water-skis complaining "I'm tired".
  5. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Probably Floyd, but I love Lew Zealand and Crazy Harry, too!
  6. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

My favorite Jerry Nelson characters are Robin, Gobo, the left head of the Two-headed monster, Marjory the trash heap, Floyd, Count von Count and Emmet Otter.
  7. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

TMS: Floyd or Robin :sing:
    SS: Snuffy, Count von Count, Two-Headed Monster :batty:
    FR: The Trash Heap or Gobo :smirk:
    Other: Emmett Otter
  8. haakonsmary

haakonsmary Member

Marjory and Scred!

And I'll say one that hasn't been said yet, Feenie Fraggle! One of my favorite minor characters on FR.
  9. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

Floyd Pepper, The Gambler, Devil(Devil Went Down to Georgia), African Mask from Turn the World Around, Robin, J.P. Grosse, Gobo, Lew Zealand, Lewis Kazager, Pops, The Count, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Alien in Hugga Wugga sketch, Whaddayasay Bird, Simon the Soundman, Fat Blue, Camilla, Emmet Otter, Crazy Harry, Slim Wilson, Uncle Deadly, Marjorie, Parrot, Pa Gorg, Geri, Announcer.
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

My favorites are Herry Monster, Biff, Sam the Robot, Little Jerry, The Amazing Mumford, Scred, Beard, Louis Kazagger, Fleet Scribbler, Thog, Lew Zealand, and Crazy Harry.
  11. ohtherain

ohtherain New Member

Floyd, Lew Zealand, Marjory, Mr. Johnson, the Count
  12. RomanaFraggle

RomanaFraggle Member

All of them.. XDD
  13. Pork

Pork Active Member

Gobo and Robin and Floyd!
  14. RomanaFraggle

RomanaFraggle Member

I'd say those are the ones I love above all of them.. but I love them all XD

And I also love your username. It makes me think of Bean. Get it? Pork and Bean? Heh heh.. :smirk:
  15. PurpleHonker

PurpleHonker New Member

ah decisions, decisions...

I love Robin, the Two-Headed Monster, Lewis Kazagger, Herry Monster, Pops, Crazy Harry and especially Emmet Otter, but my most favorite? It's the Count, fer sure!
  16. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

For Jerry Nelson's characters that are Robin the frog Kermit's nephew and Gobo Fraggle from Fraggle rock.
  17. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

My favorites on TMS are Floyd Pepper :sing:, Crazy Harry :crazy:, Uncle Deadly *insert Uncle Deadly smilie here* and Lew Zealand. And on SS my favorites are Herry Monster, Biff, and Sherlock Hemlock :search:. But my favorite by far of all is probably Uncle Deadly! UD's just a fun character! Jerry portrays him really well!
  18. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Dang!!! This thread just got NECROMANCE'DDDD!

To answer the original question, I think my choice is obvious. :D
  19. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Member

You know, I don't think there's a character of Jerry's that I didn't like, so all of them are great especially Floyd and the Count.
  20. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Sgt. Floyd Pepper is my favorite Jerry Nelson character, but I really love all of his characters.:)