1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Favorite Jim Henson Character

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by jgidley, Sep 18, 2012.

1. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

I only say that because of how well he's taken over Jim's rougher-voiced characters like Rowlf, Dr. Teeth and Mahna Mahna, which also makes me wonder how he would do with characters like Waldorf, The Newsman and Guy Smiley:sympathy::D:sleep::news:
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Steve Whitmire performs Waldorf and The Newsman now.
  3. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

I know, I was just wondering how Bill Barretta would do with them if he gave them a shot. And Dave Goelz performs Waldorf, Steve Whitmire performs Statler
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Sorry had a blonde moment but you know what I meant. Lol And as for the others no I don't think so his voice is too rough for those characters.
  5. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

I guess you're right, Eric Jacobson currently does Guy Smiley, and it doesn't really sound a lot like Jim, but it shouldn't because Jim's Guy scared little kids; I think Steve Whitmire could use his Newsman voice for Guy, but it wouldn't be very kid-friendly[​IMG](Guy Smiley emote courtesy of CaseytheMuppet)