1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Favorite Kevin Clash Character

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Princeton, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I voted for Baby Sinclair, but for me it's a three-way tie between BS, Howard Handupme, and Craniac.

NOTE: I do NOT want this to turn into an Elmo-bashing thread. I only included him because like it or not, he's Kevin's main character. If you don't like him, don't vote for him!
  2. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

I vote that Elmo is my favorite!
  3. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Me too! I grew up watching the red furry monster whidch was on Sesame Street. I found out that he was not first performed by Kevin. He was first performed by Richard Hunt with a voice that was not very childish, but he was speaking in third-person.
  4. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Yeah Kevin Clash said that Richard's sounded like caveman talk.
    But I think it sounded like one of the monsters in little muppet monster and Junior Gorg.
  5. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

Clifford hands down
  6. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

Elmo's my favorite. He was a big part of my childhood.

Also, for most of the "Favorite _____ Character" threads I don't see any polls even though I hear posts implying that there are... I guess it's something on my end.
  7. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

I noticed that too. I wonder what happened to them. I created the ones about Jim Henson, Richard Hunt and Dave Goelz, and all of a sudden they're gone, and I didn't even do anything to the thread:confused:
  8. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

Clifford and Billy Bunny are among my favorites. Elmo is in the middle, but he isn't a huge favorite of mine. Another favorite of mine is a character from "The Tale of the Bunny Picnic",
    Be-bop, I loved the way Kevin did his be-bopping style of speech.
  9. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Clifford all the way.
    muppetfan24/7 and jgidley like this.
  10. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

Clifford is awesome! I also like Polly Lobster, whom I wish they'd use more.
  11. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I think I like Hoots the best.
  12. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

This is a tough one but I would say Elmo since I grew up watching him. :laugh:
  13. Chopped Liver

Chopped Liver New Member

Either Clifford or Baby Sinclair
  14. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

Hoots or Clifford.