Favorite Mel Brooks film

P

Princeton

For me, without a doubt, Blazing Saddles; with Young Frankenstein coming in a very close second. Granted, his last two, Robin Hood: Men In Tights, and Dracula: Dead And Loving It, weren't very good, but hopefully he'll come out with several more good ones. In the hype of Saving Private Ryan, he considered doing one called Saving Ryan's Privates, but he was afraid too many people would get offended. So, anyone have a favorite?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Well,as I've mentioned several times in passing at MC,I'm a huge Mel Brooks fan.I met him at a booksigning,along with Carl Reiner.Mel's so energetic & Carl is so quiet and reserved.I was happy to see in Spaceballs,that he put a scene in there,showing all of his movies(up 'til then).I wrote down all of the titles that I hadn't seen & rented them all.I love them all,some more than others;but they all have their moments.My overall Brooks' favorite movies are: Young Frankenstein,The Producers,High Anxiety(for the Hitchcock tributation Mel does),12 Chairs,Blazing Saddles,Spaceballs,(parts of)History of the World part 1 & To Be or Not to Be.I liked Dracula: Dead and Loving It(was surprised how good it was) & Robin Hood: Men in Tights was funny.The only one I disliked was Life Stinks,still can't understand why he made that one.I can't wait until the movie The Producers is released,can't wait to see the finished project.Disappointed that Nicole Kidman dropped out of it(to play Ulla),but happy Uma Thurman is taking over the role.:zany:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and Space Balls are my favorites.

Hickory

Reaction score
I haven't seen all of his films, actually I've seen very few of them. All, if not most of the ones I've seen I've really liked, with the exception of Young Frankenstien which I felt dragged on, but I think i have to see it again. That being said I really like Spaceballs, The Producers (though the musical is 1000x better) and Life Stinks is alright. I've really wanted to see Robin Hood lately, it looks good.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
the producers , is a perfect film, i disagree about the musical , its not nearly as funny as it should be, (maybe if zero was still with us, ), and im not a fan of a lot of the changes they made to the content, or the songs really, but thats just MHO

the original movie is great , its very bare bones, but that's all it needed to be,

on another note some friends worked on the film, i wont reveal anything about it, but im sure if you like the musical youll love the movie

Beth C

Reaction score
Spaceballs and Robin Hood: Men in Tights!

Gotta love his comedy. Now where is that sequel? Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money? :smile:

~Beth C

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
The History of the World Part 1 made me laugh the most, but Blazing Saddles is more watchable. Space Balls was great when I was a kid, but when I watched it as an adult I found it had lost its charm. Same with Robin Hood: Men in Tights. It was hilarious when I was a fifth grader but now it's like, "Meh". I've got nothing against Young Frankenstein, though. Gotta love Marty Feldman.

P

Princeton

JaniceFerSure said:
I can't wait until the movie The Producers is released,can't wait to see the finished project.Disappointed that Nicole Kidman dropped out of it(to play Ulla),but happy Uma Thurman is taking over the role.:zany:
I can't believe it's taken me this long to give my opinion on the Producers movie. IMHO it was the second best movie of the year (first, of course, being Rent) and I think that Uma really added to it; I shudder to think of Cady Huffman reprising her role in the film! Will Ferrell was excellent too! He totally made the most of "Haben Sie Gehort Das Deutsche Band?"!