Favorite Sesame Street Monsters

ISNorden

Reaction score
I'd classify grouches (and Forgs, and Snuffleupaguses) as members of a "monster kingdom" in the Muppet universe: they look and act like other monsters, they don't represent any real-world species, and they don't fit neatly into another fictional category (like aliens or fairies).

anytimepally

Reaction score
Cookie Monster is not only my favorite monster, but my favorite muppet, so he's by far my #1 .. the Two-Headed Monster would be next, especially that skit where each head reads a story to the other.. unintelligible genius!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think Abby is a monster. She is a fairy.
She's furry like a monster... maybe she's a fairy monster?

Oh, by the way, didn't we already have a thread like this? If not, then I must say, my lovable furry blue pal Grover is my favorite monster from the street! Cookie Monster's in close second, though.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Grover is, and always will be my favorite monster, and character. I also love Cookie Monster and Telly too.

ploobis

Reaction score
Did you guys know that in the early 80's before Elmo became "ELMO" he was a member of a group of Monsters called "The Furtones"?

The Furtones included the following Monsters.

Harvy Monster

Henry Monster

Elmo (Not played by Kevin Clash)

Forg (The tall grey Monster)

The Furtones were known for singing the song "We Are All Monsters".

ithacan

Reaction score
Yeah, Grover is number one for sure. But let's not forget Oscar the Grouch, he has a lot of personality too! Or is Oscar not categorized as a monster? I think he's just a grouchy monster. With elephants in his can.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I like Elmo, Rosita, Two-Headed Monster, Cookie, Grover, Frazzle (I think that's his name-- the orange guy that talks in nonsense?), and Monster Clubhouse. (I think MC is cute and fun, but I don't like it that it basically became another Elmo's World to fill up a chunk of time. But the monsters are funny.)

ploobis

Reaction score
I like Elmo, Rosita, Two-Headed Monster, Cookie, Grover, Frazzle (I think that's his name-- the orange guy that talks in nonsense?), and Monster Clubhouse. (I think MC is cute and fun, but I don't like it that it basically became another Elmo's World to fill up a chunk of time. But the monsters are funny.)
Yeah Frazzle is the name of the orange Monster that talks in nonsense. He is one of my favorite Monsters too! You just don't see Monsters like him on Sesame Street anymore today.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, tosses out of control monsters that eats random objects and are unapologetic for their behaviour.

But I call Grouches, snuffleupagus's, and other things as their own species.

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
The Frackle monster that appeared in Bippita Boppa's 'All and None' song.
The Beautiful Day Monster.
Splurge.
Scudge.
Son of Fred the Dragon.
Fred the Dragon
Grover.
Green Grover.
Snerfs. And the rest.

But, in the 'Monster's See a C' sketch, there is a green potatoe looking monster, with no body, just a green ball of fuzz, inbetween Greenver and BDM, who has a femmenine voice, and Eyelashes... Think this is the first female monster?