Favorite Soundtrack/Film Composer

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooh, John Williams, how could I forget him too. Th Imperial March, the Indy Theme tune, Star Wars, that man is a legend...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I also really like Jerry Goldsmith and Alan Silvestri. They always turn in scores that I enjoy listening to, and that fit the movie well. Randy Newman's work for Pixar is also something I really like.

fruitbat

Reaction score
Soundtracks can make or break a film, often as important as the story line as a sound track that doesn't live up to the plot just lets it down. :smirk:

Love the Lord of the Rings sound track, Clockwork Orange had an amazing soundtrack (although not so keen on the film...but it made some good points), Shrek, Knights Tale, Labrynth, Little Shop of Horrors, Highlander, Nightmare Before Christmas.... the list is endless! Almost as long as the list of films I like! :smile:

But does Webber's and Rice's music count as soundtracks? :confused:

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I'm not really sure! It's so cool to see all of the soundtracks/composers that other people are interested in, though. It seems to be almost unanimous that John Williams and Howard Shore are really great. Of course, they've both recieved Academy Awards for their work, so I guess that says it as well. :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I also really like Jerry Goldsmith and Alan Silvestri. They always turn in scores that I enjoy listening to, and that fit the movie well. Randy Newman's work for Pixar is also something I really like.
Didn't Silvestri work on Forrest Gump? Loooove that soundtrack. The feather theme is awesome.
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
fruitbat said:
Soundtracks can make or break a film, often as important as the story line as a sound track that doesn't live up to the plot just lets it down. :smirk:
But does Webber's and Rice's music count as soundtracks? :confused:
I would absolutely say yes to that.I have the Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack(I highly recommend listening to it).Also: Evita,Lion King,Aladdin; Joseph...Dreamcoat,Phantom of the Opera,Cats,etc.... Where would any of these movie/plays be without their specific music,especially their overtures?:smirk:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
I would absolutely say yes to that.I have the Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack(I highly recommend listening to it).Also: Evita,Lion King,Aladdin; Joseph...Dreamcoat,Phantom of the Opera,Cats,etc.... Where would any of these movie/plays be without their specific music,especially their overtures?:smirk:
A couple of those particularly, since there's essentially no talking outside of the songs!
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Composer Maurice Jarre,composer of Lawrence of Arabia,Dr. Zhivago,Witness,etc...:smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Didn't Silvestri work on Forrest Gump? Loooove that soundtrack. The feather theme is awesome.
Erin
I love the forest gump score, I have the CD!