Favorite touching Fraggle Rock Moment

SillyRed

Reaction score
I do too!!:big_grin: Is that Rowlf as a kid under your pic? BTW, It's not the edited version, is it? Did u see the part where Gobo pointed to where Spiral Cavern is? That's in unedited version?

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by SillyRed
I do too!!:big_grin: Is that Rowlf as a kid under your pic? BTW, It's not the edited version, is it? Did u see the part where Gobo pointed to where Spiral Cavern is? That's in unedited version?
I think it was the unedited version. In The Netherlands they don`t show commercials in the middle of an episode.
That`s why they show those US skits in The Muppet Show in The Netherlands.

PS the picture shows Tommie, a character from the Dutch Sesame Street. My real name is Thijs, but nobody is able to pronounce that.

Foodie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
The most touching for me would probably be the scene in "Change of Address" (the last episode) where Doc is talking to Sprocket in their new home about everything being made of magic. Jeeze, the thought of it gets me misty-eyed. The entire episode is an all-out bawlfest for me. I get...so...emotional. :smile:

Just a Dream Away - I nearly broke out crying when I first heard this. So poignantly touching. Wembley kept the spirit alive in his memories, and that, was beautiful.

someone get me some tissues.. :smile:

-Matt

YES! Those are some of the most magical moments in this world's history. They make me want to stay alive. Thanks for reminding me of them. Ya see, it's been a while since I've watched fraggles ( I know, that's awful on my part ) and I've been slowly watching them again. Just saw " Treasure of FR " today. It's nice to see them " fresh " again.

And " Just a Dream Away " has to be one of the most brilliant things ever written and the fact that my heros sing it... well... I get misty thinking about it. It sums up life and death so ... perfectly... that it almost makes everything make sense to me. Leave it to the fraggles to help find the secret of life eh? This song came to mind when we put our last cat down.....

" Rainbow Connection " although not a fraggle tune, is also brilliant in this same fashion.

Nick

:big_grin:

Joggy

Reaction score
Originally posted by SillyRed
I do believe that the episodes are uncut, but when exactly did Gobo say that? Was that with Felix the Fearless, or did he show it to Boober and Red? (if it's the latter, it's EDITORAMA, baby!)

Joggy

Reaction score
Ohhh you mean:

Felix: "Follow me!"
Gobo: "Wait! It's THIS way!"
Felix: "Oh. Follow him!"

That was cut out? Odyssey is weird.

SillyRed

Reaction score
they cut to the next scene before Gobo could say "It's this way!"

Joggy

Reaction score
My favorite touching moments are:

- "Petals Of A Rose". That song has so much meaning. To me it's a very special song.

- A lot of scenes from the last episodes. Gobo meeting Doc for the first time. The Fraggles listening to Doc's "last message". Doc's sadness over never seeing Gobo again. The discovery of the new tunnel. And finally when Gobo does manage to give Doc his message "You CANNOT leave the magic!"

- Boober and Red trapped in "Marooned". They have such wonderful moments in there. You gotta love the Friendship song, and Boober's confession: "Sometimes I liked songs and games and stuff. But that's my secret. ... Don't fall asleep, please, Red..."

- Gobo leaving the Rock in "Catch The Tail By the Tiger".

Reaction score
personaly i like the moment.. in the movie wen the muppets have xmas at fozzies house.... n kermit and his nefew go down to find fraggle rock.. and the fraggle pass along the pebble.. yea it was great..

that wasnt even in fraggle rock... there are so many touching moments in fraggle rock.... but i love the one wen boober and red are stuck in the caves.... its trully touching bc the relize wut is important to them, bc they almost die

Foodie

Reaction score
Originally posted by FraggleRawker86
personaly i like the moment.. in the movie wen the muppets have xmas at fozzies house.... n kermit and his nefew go down to find fraggle rock.. and the fraggle pass along the pebble.. yea it was great..

that wasnt even in fraggle rock... there are so many touching moments in fraggle rock.... but i love the one wen boober and red are stuck in the caves.... its trully touching bc the relize wut is important to them, bc they almost die
I liked that scene from the Christmas special too. I think it was one of the last times we got to see the fraggles. If I'm not mistaken, it aired after their series ended. It was cool to see Robin & Gobo together too being of same voice & all.

Nick