Fellow Church People

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, it's not our job to punish sinners, But it's Jesus's job to do that. But it's the sinners Job to repent and turn from their sins to avoir punishment.

Revelation 15:20, If anyone's name was not found wiritten in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes. Jesus died to save us from the lake of fire. God is love.

God would never send anybody to eternal punishment. In effect people send themselves to it by rejecting the mercy of a loving Creator and Saviour.
God wants all to be saved but He cannot force it upon those who don't want it.

Davina

Reaction score
and the latest example of political correctness gone to far... *drum roll*

NBC has bought rights to air Veggie Tales as part of their Saturday Children's programing.. only hitch.. they've edit out any "non historical" mention of God.. that's right.. an obvious, intentional program based on the Bible and intended to impart Biblical Judeo/Christian values and lessons, has had it's content "edited to meet broadcast guidelines."
I read about this yesterday, just in time to miss it for the day, but hope to catch it next week to see what they've done to the show....
the article i saw quoted the guy behind Veggie Talses as saying NBC had pretty much cut the heart out of the show, and he never would have sold it to them if he'd known what they were going to do to it...
*sigh*
and can you imagine the shock someone might get if they havne't seen the show before.. see this version, then go and buy the tapes... oh no! God is everywhere!!!!! heh
and, being a bit of a fan of the show, i'd normaly have been happy to see it on regular TV.. but, i think, aside from one or two episodes to see what they've done to them.. I'd rather go to the library and check the movies out.. or even buy them, and watch them that way during their scheduled air time... heh....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Yes. Jesus died to save us from the lake of fire. God is love.

God would never send anybody to eternal punishment. In effect people send themselves to it by rejecting the mercy of a loving Creator and Saviour.
God wants all to be saved but He cannot force it upon those who don't want it.
But God knows every move we are going to make before we even remotely do them right? So if He knows they are going to make the choices to turn against him, them why did He bother to create them?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's a good question. I think you need to make mistakes in order to learn from them. We don't learn from always being good. And people, despite how they may seem, are never all good or all bad.

And I'm not sure if it's that God knows every move we'll make because he's all knowing. Or because he knows us so well he can predict our behavior. ::shrugs::

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
heralde said:
That's a good question. I think you need to make mistakes in order to learn from them. We don't learn from always being good. And people, despite how they may seem, are never all good or all bad.

And I'm not sure if it's that God knows every move we'll make because he's all knowing. Or because he knows us so well he can predict our behavior. ::shrugs::
OK, there's a difference between struggling with sin and still living in it, and living a sinful lifestyle.. And there's a difference between making mistakes and sining. Sinning is the intentional act of defying God when you know better, and Jesus said there's a much harsher punishment for thay then if someone did't know ther even were sinning.

God knows we make mistakes, but if you repent, you have to mean it and turn away from it. God reads people according to what;s in there hearts. He is al seing because he can do all things. He has no limitations to what he can do. Thee no good an anybody. There is a difference between a person who dose bad and an evil person.

Thh only good an anybody is Jesus christ alone. Even those who are not saved by the blood of Jesus can do good apart from him. The thing is, no good you do or are can save you, only Jesus can save you. If you are a god person and only do good and are not saved by Jesus alone, Jesus wil say I tell you the truth, I never knew you and send you were you don't want to be. HE doesn't want you to go, but If you don't follow him, then you know what the "Bottem" line is.

It's not some good we have within ourselves, But Jusus who makes us that way, And he's the only reason were good. if your not saved by him, Wher just worthless dirt tha deserves to Die and burn. But Jesus want's us to believe in him because he want's us to be so much more than the, and the only way to do that, is to follow him.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yes, were not supposed to judge people, But Jesus is the judge, and the righteous as well as the unrighteous will be brought to justice according to what they've done.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I think I'll bump this thread up. Maybe I'll meet some new church people or even get into some more cool discussions :big_grin:

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I think I'll bump this thread up. Maybe I'll meet some new church people or even get into some more cool discussions :big_grin:
Heya, Marty!

My mom is a Lutheran and my father is a Catholic. I was supposed to be born around Christmas (and to be named Holly), but I was born premature November 10th of '81. I was very sickly and couldn't leave the hospital for a while, but my parents wanted me to be baptised quickly in case anything were to happen. So, since I was in a Catholic hospital, I was made a Catholic.

I hold my religion very close to my heart but, now in my later years, I do find that I share some beliefs held by Lutherans. Such as, the whole confession thing. In the Catholic religion, you're taught that you must go confess your sins routinely to a priest to be forgiven and for those sins to be wiped clean. But, I tend to side with the Lutheran belief that confessing your sins should be more personal, that through private, heartfelt prayer to the Father, confession can be far more emotional and healing.

You know, I remember when I was really young and in Catholic Sunday School. We had barely even been taught our basic prayers yet but we were taken to a Confession in the church next door. I was so nervous. All of our parents were there, and we were allowed to go sit next to our families once we were done with our Confession and then go home. Well, it's my turn to go into that little confessional and I did alright, except I was in there rambling off every little thing I did that I perceived as possibly wrong... Hitting my brother, forgetting to cover my mouth when I sneezed, not putting my gloves on when I went out last Monday, squashing a spider, not cleaning my room, not going to bed right away when I should have... You name it, I rambled it off. The priest took it all dead-pan and then told me which prayers to say and how many...

10 Our Fathers
16 Hail Marys
2 Act of Contritions
8 Apostles Creeds

What was going on in my head was crazy... First, I was terrified, because all of that for what I'd confessed? I thought I was the worst person ever. And, second, I knew the Our Father, but I was still a little warbly on the Hail Mary. As for the Act of Contrition and the Apostles Creed, at that time in my young life, I still had no idea what those even were. But, I was scared to tell the priest that. He basically rushed me out of the confessional, at that point, not even offering any solace over my misdeeds.

So, I went out to kneel at the altar in front of everyone and pray in silence to God to forgive my sins. I was practically in tears because once I said my Our Fathers and got through the Hail Marys, I was at a complete stop. Other kids in my class came and went, but I stayed up there in front of the altar. And then I got more worried than ever, because it felt like everyone else was going through their prayers quickly and leaving while I was still up there. The priest must have given then lighter sentences or else they knew all of their prayers... So, in tears, I just talked heartfeltedly to God, telling him in my own words that I was sorry like any daughter would to her father.

When I got up and turned around to make my way to my mom, brother and grandma, a lot of everyone's expression showed shock. And, when I got back to my seat, my mom asked me if I was alright and, "What the heck did you confess to the priest?" to warrant me to stay in the confessional and up at the altar for so long. LOL! It terrified me, at the time, but now my family and I laugh about it. Shortly after, we changed churches and things were a ton better.

Sorry to be so long-winded but I guess my point is that I like the Lutheran way of Confession better.

I feel sometimes that the Catholic religion wants us to be a God-fearing people. To love Him because He is our Father, but to fear Him because to make Him angry is to put our salvation on the line. But, I just don't hold with that completely. Yes, if you do something bad, it's natural to feel fear and apprehension. But, He's not just God. He's our Father and I love Him as a daughter. I pray to Him all the time, but most of the time, I speak to Him like I would anyone else in as open and expressive way. I spill my heart out to him more than I do say pre-written prayers. And, then I say good night to Him and tell Him I love Him, like I do my mom before bed. I guess, I speak to Him like a human being, rather than a God.

And, I do have questions... Like, why in the Hail Mary, does it say:

Hail Mary, mother of God... ??

Mary wasn't the mother of God. She was the mother of Jesus Christ, my and your Brother who died for us all.

So many questions, but not enough posting space, LOL.

I could write more, but I don't want to bore anyone. :wink: Email/PM me though, if you'd care to talk more on the subject. :smile: